General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

In other news, after months of delays we finally got the keys to the new house today. You'd think with all this extra time we'd be more prepared to move but it's opposite. Totally blindsided by it, came from out of nowhere.

Half the shit we'd packed up months ago and put in the storage unit is already back here and unpacked. I'm currently only two cans deep and I'm already wandering around what has been castle blastronaut for 11 years shouting "how the fuck did you get back here?." at inanimate objects. 

• Haha 5

On 20/01/2023 at 13:51, PaddockLad said:

Yeah as far as I can make out there’s no one properly coming through that looks dominant at the moment. If his body holds together he’s got as good a chance as anyone 🤷🏻‍♂️

Apparently, with Djokovic winning today, no one born after 1987 has won the Men’s Singles title at Wimbledon, The French or Australian Open. Which really does hammer home the lack of younger players threatening the old guard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

It was a golden era tbf. Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray.

Murray was unlucky to have to go against these guys otherwise he would have won many more majors.

Absolutely and I mentioned earlier about Murray having an incredible career in the circumstances. I had also forgot to mention his instrumental role in GB winning the Davis Cup. I think he equalled McEnroe’s record for the most points contributed by a player winning a Davis Cup over the course of a year too. But Murray and Djokovic are the youngest of the 4 you mention and they’re both just a few months shy of turning 36 so I think my point still stands 

• Like 1

I have just been speaking to my brother in law.  My nephew was with him.  He's 7 and one of the eldest in his year.  I asked him what he was gonna be doing at school today and straight away 'learning about vulva's, virgina's and penises'

WTF! He's 7!!!! 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I have just been speaking to my brother in law.  My nephew was with him.  He's 7 and one of the eldest in his year.  I asked him what he was gonna be doing at school today and straight away 'learning about vulva's, virgina's and penises'

WTF! He's 7!!!! 

We have a country of adults who almost universally use the word "poo" rather than faeces or defecate and when they go to the doctor still use phrases like "down there" and "women's problems" 

I'm all for anything that changes that and produces actual adults - and yes even at seven. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, NJS said:

We have a country of adults who almost universally use the word "poo" rather than faeces or defecate and when they go to the doctor still use phrases like "down there" and "women's problems" 

I'm all for anything that changes that and produces actual adults - and yes even at seven. 

I think 7 is a little young.  Like I say he's the eldest in his class.  Some of them have just turned 6.  

I am for educating some lessons at the right age.  Maybe 9 is more like it.  But 7?