General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Some say this is why Morgan went back to work for Murdoch, uncle Roops will apparently look after him in the event of a prosecution, which you can imagine the somewhat estranged Duke of Sussex may possibly commence after this is over. Harry is fuckin gunning for 80s/90s tabloids. Hes been prepared to largely chuck his old life away to get his version of justice. Hope the cunt comes through the other side ok, must be eating him up inside…. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/may/10/piers-morgan-knew-of-phone-hacking-when-at-the-mirror-high-court-hears-prince-harry

• Like 2

Planning a few walks around Northumberland for the summer. I know there are some other old boring fucks who like a walk around there so any suggestions? 

Also if anyone wants their chin testing while I’m there just let me know 

• Haha 4

What sort of distance are you after? 

There’s full day treks in the Cheviots, a few miles strolls along the Roman Wall, riverside walks along the Allen.…

(CT is probably your best chin man, he’s got loads of them. :lol: )

• Haha 1

Enjoyed an 8 miler around Derbyshire the other weekend. About a mile up and down in total, anything longer than that I’m liable to get bored tbh

8 hours ago, strawb said:

Planning a few walks around Northumberland for the summer. I know there are some other old boring fucks who like a walk around there so any suggestions? 

Also if anyone wants their chin testing while I’m there just let me know 

8 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What sort of distance are you after? 

There’s full day treks in the Cheviots, a few miles strolls along the Roman Wall, riverside walks along the Allen.…

(CT is probably your best chin man, he’s got loads of them. :lol: )

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Allen Banks and Staward Gorge

7.5 mile Circuit Roman Wall- this starts and ends at The Sill, right next door to a pub with its own brewery and decent bait. 

Whistle Whistling GIF

12 hours ago, strawb said:

Enjoyed an 8 miler around Derbyshire the other weekend. About a mile up and down in total, anything longer than that I’m liable to get bored tbh

There’s a good one where you can go up in the Simonside Hills. It’s quite easy but the views are fantastic on a clear day. You can see over to the Cheviots but also can see virtually the whole of the Northumberland coast at the eastern end of the walk. Also has the advantage of being a circular walk with the start / finish point being a Forestry Commission carpark. It was partially closed because of Storm Arwen but I think I read it reopened again recently. I’ll see if I can find the the link. If you don’t enjoy it you can chin me. 

I like the Cheviots a but unless you are just after shear solitude, I wouldn't suggest them over what you can get in the Lakes. It's easy to get lost and does feel very desolate. For me Nothumberland is all about the coast line and there you're absolutely spoilt for choice. Examples:

• Get yourelf stranded on Lindisfarne and walk to the NW beaches which will be deserted. Also the castle, Priory, Mead place, pubs et. 
  • Craster to Dunstanburgh castle and back again. Enjoy some kippers and crabs (can be a euphemism if you like) at the Jolly FIsherman.
  • Just in Scotland by St Abbs to Coldingham bay.
  • Bamburgh to Seahouses
  • Alnmouth etc. 
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just in Scotland by St Abbs to Coldingham bay.

There’s a boat trip from Eyemouth in a rib ( like the inshore lifeboats) that goes up the coast to St. Abbs. 
It’s a fantastic trip and the cliffs are stunning. IMG_0599.thumb.jpeg.42e13bc9466c4b34085452860172a8c0.jpegIMG_0600.thumb.jpeg.cbfc5aa6aa5c0a518eb74832581202ec.jpeg

• Like 3

Yeah, that looks fantastic. Just remembered there are issues withbird flu again this year. I think you can take boat trips but you're not allowed to get off at the Farnes which is a shame. 

Just go to Bamburgh, walk along the beach and back, then go to the butcher on the main street and get a big pie on. Eat that as you walk down to the ice cream shop. Eat your ice cream as you walk back to the car. Drive home.

That's what I do.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just go to Bamburgh, walk along the beach and back, then go to the butcher on the main street and get a big pie on. Eat that as you walk down to the ice cream shop. Eat your ice cream as you walk back to the car. Drive home.

That's what I do.

Eating too many pies is why I’ve taken up walking tbf

• Haha 3

out walking the dog earlier and spotted what at first I thought was a buzzard fly from a tree with a large nest in. then from nearby I could hear a very distinctive and repeated distress call, which I knew didn't belong to a buzzard. googled a sparrowhawk's call, nowt like what I could hear. did a bit more research and found it!

very pleased with meself, they're really rare.... it's a goshawk!20230512_121803.thumb.jpg.26f49afe8297c0ecd57008ee1958a556.jpg

• Like 4