General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

They can plough as much as they like but it will never catch up with South Shields as the North Easts top destination.

Even as a Tory I have to credit Shields Labour council with the foresight and money they've spent over the years on the whole sea front. Last year they totally overhauled Marine park and it is a joy to behold for young families.

<_<

:blush::icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Yee should be on stage yee CT. South fuckin Shields :D you wouldn't put in the top 40 NE destinations.

In fact I'd honestly put Seaburn above South Shields, not much in it like, but both grim grotty places no one who's normal would ever want to spend time in.

Yee should be on stage yee CT. South fuckin Shields <_< you wouldn't put in the top 40 NE destinations.

1. SJP

2. Bamburgh Castle

3. Hardrians Wall.

4. Durham castle/cathedral (Heresy maybe)

5....40?

(not a rebuttal - just a prompt for a few suggestions)

I used to like the Marine Park as a kid. The pond smelled like a fucking sewer though. I remember a few of us going there with skateboards and starting at the top of the park lying on the skateboard and doing the luge down the bank towards the pond. One kid flew through a pile of wet dog shit and the wheels flicked it up into his face and clothes. He fucking reeked. We made him sit away from us on the bus home.

"a joy to behold for young families"

I bet those kids fucking dread these days out.

Proper Alan Partridge line that like.

CT would love Swaffham Country Fayre.

I used to like the Marine Park as a kid. The pond smelled like a fucking sewer though. I remember a few of us going there with skateboards and starting at the top of the park lying on the skateboard and doing the luge down the bank towards the pond. One kid flew through a pile of wet dog shit and the wheels flicked it up into his face and clothes. He fucking reeked. We made him sit away from us on the bus home.

<_< Just reminded me of a kid I know (friend of a friend really) working for South Tyneside Council (funnily enough) who was lucky enough to hit a carrier bag filled with dog shit whilst using and industrial strimmer. It was up his nose and everywhere apparently. Best part is that he got the metro home from work.

Yee should be on stage yee CT. South fuckin Shields <_< you wouldn't put in the top 40 NE destinations.

1. SJP

2. Bamburgh Castle

3. Hardrians Wall.

4. Durham castle/cathedral (Heresy maybe)

5....40?

(not a rebuttal - just a prompt for a few suggestions)

You're taking the piss? There are literally 20 better places to go in the City of Newcastle alone, and I'd much rather spend time places like Hexham, Corbridge or anywhere in the Tyne Valley than shitey South Shields. I feel dirty when I'm there.

<_< Just reminded me of a kid I know (friend of a friend really) working for South Tyneside Council (funnily enough) who was lucky enough to hit a carrier bag filled with dog shit whilst using and industrial strimmer. It was up his nose and everywhere apparently. Best part is that he got the metro home from work.

:D That's rank!

That's one of the worst/best stories I've heard :blush: poor fella

Anyone disin' Whitley Bay will have me to answer to <_< We hav.......er,..... :D

Having lived in Whitely all my life and having sampled Sooth Shields for the last year or so since miss hips moved there, I think the two are pretty much the same tbh. I guess SS does have those free concerts going on, but I don't really class that as a 'plus' tbh. We have a longer length (oo-er missus) of beach, but we don't have the nice park 'they' do. We have the lighthouse, they have Marsden Grotto. We both have long links. The thing about Whitley sea front is that it is only a short walk from Whitley or Monkseaton Metro stops whereas S.Shields is a bit further (I think).

Oh, we're getting a new road behind the rotunda (dome) so the front of that will all become pedestrianised for cafe cultcha etc. Oh, and the Spanna is no more - it's now the new primary school.

Anyone disin' Whitley Bay will have me to answer to <_< We hav.......er,..... :D

Having lived in Whitely all my life and having sampled Sooth Shields for the last year or so since miss hips moved there, I think the two are pretty much the same tbh. I guess SS does have those free concerts going on, but I don't really class that as a 'plus' tbh. We have a longer length (oo-er missus) of beach, but we don't have the nice park 'they' do. We have the lighthouse, they have Marsden Grotto. We both have long links. The thing about Whitley sea front is that it is only a short walk from Whitley or Monkseaton Metro stops whereas S.Shields is a bit further (I think).

Oh, we're getting a new road behind the rotunda (dome) so the front of that will all become pedestrianised for cafe cultcha etc. Oh, and the Spanna is no more - it's now the new primary school.

Whitley Bay is far superior imo, better people too. You know that pub where the shooting was The Briardene, that estate there, my mates nana used to live there, and in the summer as kids we'd have a little holiday down there, was like being in a top class resort in them days. Spanish City, the Leisure Pool with the waves, the beach, the golf pitch and put, the Corkscrew, Tim's chippy, it was class, far, far, far better than South Shields.

Whitley Bay is far superior imo, better people too. You know that pub where the shooting was The Briardene, that estate there, my mates nana used to live there, and in the summer as kids we'd have a little holiday down there, was like being in a top class resort in them days. Spanish City, the Leisure Pool with the waves, the beach, the golf pitch and put, the Corkscrew, Tim's chippy, it was class, far, far, far better than South Shields.

You'll get no argument from me that Whitley was better 20 years ago.

They were telling me yesterday how packed out it would be on the front even between the beaches at Whitley and Cullercoats, where the shallow paddling pool was, used to be a slide and people squeezed in up to the railings.

Wasteland full of broken glass, dogshit and grafitti now.

That's one of the worst/best stories I've heard :blush: poor fella

True as well. You have to wonder who the fuck goes to the trouble of collecting dog shit in a bag only to then go and dump it. As the lad in question said he hopes it was dog shit.

Whitley Lodge estate. Mrs hips was brought up there - her mother still lives there, as does one of my bros. My mate set fire to the grass in the Brierdene during the summer of '77 (uber, uber hot summer) and I melted the bottom of my new docs in stamping on it to put it out before the whole place went up!

SOUTH Tyneside is flying the flag for top quality beaches.

Sandhaven Beach, in South Shields, has been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag again this year.

The coveted seaside award is only given to top-quality resort beaches and proves yet again that South Tyneside has one of the best in the UK.

It has also been presented with the Quality Coast Award, which recognises beaches that provide the very best standards.

To fly the flag, beaches must fulfil strict requirements, including bathing water meeting high European guideline standards, high levels of maintenance, regular seafront cleaning, a dedicated lifeguard service and life-saving equipment.

<_<

HF loves ST so much he moved out and across the river for a better view <_<

Still have a holiday home on the picturesque side of the river. Anyone looking to rent somewhere for their holidays give me a shout :D

It doesn't matter where you're from in the North East everyone who isn't from Newcastle wishes they were, everyone who doesn't have a Newcastle accent wishes they did have (even mackems) and everything important in the NE revolves around Newcastle - fact! Nailed on fact even, privately people would admit that, publically they won't.

It doesn't matter where you're from in the North East everyone who isn't from Newcastle wishes they were, everyone who doesn't have a Newcastle accent wishes they did have (even mackems) and everything important in the NE revolves around Newcastle - fact! Nailed on fact even, privately people would admit that, publically they won't.

Careful, you're starting to sound like a scouser there Stevie, with that sense of self-importance about your home city <_<:D:blush:

To be fair to you, the only thing from Sunderland I can think of is Steve Cram, Boro is ICI and Hartlepool have Jeff Stelling, my dad and the monkey.