General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

alright. Here in Norway too..

I was just wondering if there were any actual ethnicial differences between the three types, or if it was just different words for the same thing.

In Norway they were sterilized up to the late 70s. Brilliant idea and a shame human rights organizations interfered :razz:

The problems with them over here is that it is impossible to infiltrate these groups, hence its impossible to pin-point the criminals. As a result, our law system is not really fit to deal with how they operate. I dont know if your law system is any better at it?

In my opinion when you forfeit your responsibility as an individual in a society, you should also lose your individual rights. Should just deport the lot of them, regardless of who does it and who watches.

If you cant blame one of them, blame all of them imo..

Edited by Saltwater

alright. Here in Norway too..

I was just wondering if there were any actual ethnicial differences between the three types, or if it was just different words for the same thing.

In Norway they were sterilized up to the late 70s. Brilliant idea and a shame human rights organizations interfered :razz:

The problems with them over here is that it is impossible to infiltrate these groups, hence its impossible to pin-point the criminals. As a result, our law system is not really fit to deal with how they operate. I dont know if your law system is any better at it?

In my opinion when you forfeit your responsibility as an individual in a society, you should also lose your individual rights. Should just deport the lot of them, regardless of who does it and who watches.

If you cant blame one of them, blame all of them imo..

I'm guessing you also think " Arbeit Macht Frei"?

Well there is a subtle difference between a thrifty people consisting of bankers, inventors and nobel prize winner, and travelling thieves and murderers.

And the Zyclon B thingie might be a step too far.

Arbeit macht frei is a great idea though. Have the dig ditches and roads and pick up garbage, and have marshals on horseback with shotguns overseeing the thing!

Well there is a subtle difference between a thrifty people consisting of bankers, inventors and nobel prize winner, and travelling thieves and murderers.

And the Zyclon B thingie might be a step too far.

Arbeit macht frei is a great idea though. Have the dig ditches and roads and pick up garbage, and have marshals on horseback with shotguns overseeing the thing!

What we got here is a failure to communicate!

Went to an event at the library as part of the Lewisham Literary Festival tonight.

Nothing much to say about it really (err... it was good), it's just the very concept of a Lewisham Literary Festival that amuses me.

whats the difference between a gypsy, pikey and a traveller? serious question

I think I figured it out now. basically......

This is ok:

gypsy%20caravans.jpg

this is what everyone thinks of when you say gypsey:

pikeys.jpg

Aye, for all we're the most important country in the history of humankind. It is actually incredible we allow gypsies to exist as they do today, incredible.

Crime only exists to the extent that the society tolerates it I guess...

No, it exists the extent you can't catch and adequately punish criminals

Which - when you think about it - are two sides of the same thing. Failure to adequately punish, catch and apply appropriate laws can in many ways be viewed as tolerating it. Think of it as a garden you dont tend to. Things you dont fancy start to pop up left and right, even though you dont "tolerate it", not doing anything about it is the crux of the matter, not whether you ideally would see it there or not.

Its a risk assessment as much as anything else, even criminals get this. look no further than to Singapore. Indeed, this city-state known for its tidiness is virtually free from crime, barring a few pickpocketing hotspots and a scam or two. Thats what capital punishment gets you.

Not that I condone of Capital punishment left and right mind..

Edited by Saltwater

You couldnt make this up even if you tried:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/most-po...15875-23418580/

Poor lad. On the plus side...£565 a week for doing sweet FA apart from blowing your beans up the wife

On the negative side: House full of piss and biscuits + the wife has a fanny like a clown's pocket