General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Been constipated for the last couple of days, so tonight I've had a two laxatives, made a very spicy chilli, had a hot bath and am currently eating a family-sized probiotic live yoghurt. So, tomorrow should be interesting...

Do you want a lend of the bairns potty for next to your bed? :lol:

Two filter coffees this morning too, just to make sure. Anyway, must dash.............

Been constipated for the last couple of days, so tonight I've had a two laxatives, made a very spicy chilli, had a hot bath and am currently eating a family-sized probiotic live yoghurt. So, tomorrow should be interesting...

Do you want a lend of the bairns potty for next to your bed? :lol:

Two filter coffees this morning too, just to make sure. Anyway, must pebbledash.............

You couldnt make this up even if you tried:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/life-style/most-po...15875-23418580/

Poor lad. On the plus side...£565 a week for doing sweet FA apart from blowing your beans up the wife

On the negative side: House full of piss and biscuits + the wife has a fanny like a clown's pocket

Alexius Leigh Mercedes Riley Porsche Lacey Mulholland :lol:

Might needy do GCSE maths again, wanna do a Masters of Engineering degree in 2 years but for every course you need at least a B in maths GCSE. But i'm doing maths as part of my HND and i get graded on it, so i wonder if that counts..

Edited by Kevin

Might needy do GCSE maths again, wanna do a Masters of Engineering degree in 2 years but for every course you need at least a B in maths GCSE. But i'm doing maths as part of my HND and i get graded on it, so i wonder if that counts..

So you only got a C in maths? Fuck me, Keveen, you only have to spell your name right and know what 7 times 7 is to get a B. Which bit did you get wrong?

:lol:

The answer's 48 btw :lol:

I doubt it. A B in GCSE Maths is a very basic requirement. Repeat it or don't do the course.

Then again, why are you doing the course if you couldn't get a B in Maths first time round? Maybe it isn't for you.

So you only got a C in maths? Fuck me, Keveen, you only have to spell your name right and know what 7 times 7 is to get a B. Which bit did you get wrong?

The answer's 48 btw :o

Maths is a right bastard tbf. Completely forgotten how to do long division & multiplication without a calculator. :o

I doubt it. A B in GCSE Maths is a very basic requirement. Repeat it or don't do the course.

Then again, why are you doing the course if you couldn't get a B in Maths first time round? Maybe it isn't for you.

You only need a C for the HND, but to get into a higher course in uni, a Masters of engineering, you need a B. To do a Bachelors of Engineering you only need a C. So im wondering if its worth repeating.

You only need a C for the HND, but to get into a higher course in uni, a Masters of engineering, you need a B. To do a Bachelors of Engineering you only need a C. So im wondering if its worth repeating.

I think he was getting at if you weren't capable of getting a B before why are you going for a course that requires a good head for maths (when before you wanted to do computers and all)

Seems like your doing something for the sake of it rather than having a path/interest that you actually wanted to follow.

Oh, i was always decent a maths, got B's in my modules but for the final exam i dropped to foundation to make sure i got a pass in it.

Nooo, this course is actually quite good, and interesting.

Wait what? you were reasonably good at maths but you dropped from higher to foundation and not even intermediate where you still could've got a B?

Or were you only doing intermediate to begin with?

Intermediate? Times have changed bud. Higher and foundation are the only 2 options available now. Foundation the highest you can get is C, higher is A*. No intermediate?

Also need to decide whether to go into uni next year or 2 years. I can do 1 year of this HND and go into 1st year of uni, or do the full HND and get into 2nd year of uni.. i duno what to do.

Nah my school was quite shit, they didn't care about alevels, I thought a C would do me, never thought you'd need a B to get into some courses in uni. think im gony just go to queens next year

Nah my school was quite shit, they didn't care about alevels, I thought a C would do me, never thought you'd need a B to get into some courses in uni. think im gony just go to queens next year

Not having a go at you, but I think this is a big problem. Uni isn't for everyone, at least Polytechnics managed your expectations. I wonder, if we reverted to Unis and Polys, how much better we could serve the kids coming through?

Kevin, in your situation, I'd do the HND, get that qualification in your pocket, then look at the situation again. So much can change in 2 years. You may decide that neither computers, nor Engineering is your cup of tea. You might no longer fancy going to Uni, you might improve your work ethic and find a course you love.