General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Trapped in my own house with the worlds most noting in law who has been here two hours already and shows no signs of shutting up or departing.

This is my third piss in that time so that I can take a moment and talks self out of screaming "shut the fuck up and piss off".

It feels like this night will never end :(

What class are you?...apparently I'm a "new affluent worker"...anyway, got to go and walk me whippet, give it a go yourselves :)http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-22000973

"Technical middle class

Percentage of population 6%

Average age 52

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group:

• People in this group tend to mix socially with people similar to themselves
  • They prefer emerging culture, such as using social media, to highbrow culture such as listening to classical music
  • Many people in this group work in research, science and technical occupations
  • They tend to live in suburban locations, often in the south east of England
  • They come from largely middle class backgrounds"

Does this mean I'm going for a pint with Gemmill, then? :unsure2:

There's a fair bit in there that doesn't match up, mind. :lol:

Anyone else notice how much Cabaye looks like Harry Judd from McFly.

If that's the kid who won 'come dancing' then yes I have. He's his double.

"Technical middle class

Proof if required that all surveys are shit :lol: I remember Frank Skinner saying in his book that his parents decided that if they were going to be working class all their lives then they'd make damned sure that theyd be fuckin champions league working class...that's us I reckon :) Regardless of occupation or income, there wasn't a lot of middle classness on display in Lisbon this week....had some baked salted cod on Wednesday night mind, but they don't do proper fish n chips there...honest.... :unsure:

Aye, there's nowt middle class about taking a short break to a stylish European capital, sampling the local culture, eating local food and then heading out on the town to the bars and clubs. Very working class tradition that.

Sitting here at work waiting for the morning staff to come on having set up theatres for the morning surgery. First patient on the list? One of my colleagues - my little brother. Very weird :lol:

Nothing as heroic :lol:

He plays a lot of ice-hockey and has developed extra bone on the back of his heel from his skates. They have to detach his achilles tendon, shave the bone back and re-pin the tendon. 6 weeks off work - bastard!

Aye, there's nowt middle class about taking a short break to a stylish European capital, sampling the local culture, eating local food and then heading out on the town to the bars and clubs. Very working class tradition that.

So successive waves of British football supoporters who have travelled abroad over the last 5 decades to watch their team in Europe have all been indulging in a thoroughly middle class pursuit, and no doubt look on it as much the same as their fortnight in Tuscany or Provence in the summer? :lol: And there is always the undedifying sight of course of the" ladies who lunch" having an off with the local riot police :lol:

Foot horns - sign of the Devil. :o

That would be right!

Just had a text and he's in recovery. The only 2 perks of our job is that if you need surgery you can choose the surgeon and they'll put you first on the list!

So successive waves of British football supoporters who have travelled abroad over the last 5 decades to watch their team in Europe have all been indulging in a thoroughly middle class pursuit, and no doubt look on it as much the same as their fortnight in Tuscany or Provence in the summer? :lol: And there is always the undedifying sight of course of the" ladies who lunch" having an off with the local riot police :lol:

My best pal was there too. I lent him a travelling bag, it was either that or a sunblest bag, (the children call him 'bogey'). Would you describe him as Middle Class, PL? I'm a little undecided what category he falls into? :unsure2: