General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

The fact that, as a sperm, you didn't need to stop to ask for directions to Eggsville is also puzzling.

Actually it's quite a proud moment when you stop and think to yourself "yes I was that sperm, I out swam millions of competitors and came in, número uno. The most competitive race on our planet and I my friend WON".

We should all remember this when we are feeling low or unworthy.

You need to put it into the context of your gene pool though. I think it's safe to say that you won a Spunk Paralympics swimming gala, in the equivalent of a classification where the competitors are limbless and register a finishing time by cracking their head against the side of the pool.

What's that you say, you silly-sits-and-drinks-coffee-all-night-on-the-ward-looking-at-toontastic-instead-of-working-cow?

;)

I'm at home actually, shithead! And I don't work on a ward :P

Get yourself on Gumtree. You can pick up a lovely Technics organ (that cost 1 or 2 thousand brand new) for £10 or £20.

It is quite therapeutic every now and again belting out a few cheesy tunes. :)

I should have added, no room for it either (Lahndan innit).

Have to admit I'm getting visions of Arnold Rimmer and his Hammond organ nights now, although I suppose the involvement of the ship's robots would be more of a Gemmill thing.

Yes, and he meant that being able to tap out the melody of a song you know on a piano, one finger, one note at a time, is not the same as being able to play by ear. It's also something that absolutely everybody can do. :lol:

Back in the day I used to babysit this kid from up the street. He'd have been 6 or 7 at the time and had recently started learning the piano, he'd got as far as playing some basic tunes two-handed at this stage. A classmate said that he'd started learning guitar so my lad's mam thought he'd invite him over so they could play together a bit and see what each other could do. Turns out that after six months or so, the other kid had only managed to learn how to strum the guitar and bang the frame in 4/4 rhythm. No fingering, no chords, just an open strum... BANG. strum... BANG. strum.... BANG. strum.... BANG.

Anyway for some reason I'm reminded of this anecdote.