General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

No it's regarding a news story this morning about a fella being bitten and killed off one of the Hawaii Islands Maui.

This sums it up

"It is the island's eighth shark attack this year and comes just three days after a shark bite was reported near the southern Keawekapu Beach."

You just wouldn't go in.

Typhoon lagoon is mint btw.

8 attacks in 333 days? and of those, how many of those fatal, what constitutes an attack (bearing in mind Sharks test things by biting them in the same way we may pick an item up to "get a feel for it"), what was the guy doing?

According to the International Shark Attack File (ISAF), between 1580 and 2011 there were 2,463 confirmed unprovoked shark attacks around the world, of which 75 were fatal. 75 in 431 years, that's 0.17 people dying of a Shark attack a year.

More people die of Vending Machine accidents, than Shark attacks, per year.

I'd not worry so much about it mate :good:

Sad to say but the book shop doesn't really work as a business proposition anymore, unless it's at an airport or train station.

I spoke to some staff at a Waterstones in the City last year that said people often come in just for listen to advice from the staff before buying the book online, sometimes while still in the shop from their smartphone, for less than Waterstones can afford to sell it.

:lol: Just wear what you find comfortable. I prefer long pants because lasses shorts never have pockets for phone/locker key etc, it means I have to be less concerned about how hairy my legs are, and I go straight home afterwards and it's pissing freezing to have shorts on outside.

Waterstones in the metrocentre has closed down, I was disgusted to discover the other day. WH Smith seems to be the only place you can get books in there now.

Blame all these fuckers who use Kindles instead of books and..... Oh.