General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

WTF good is a fighter jet if there's a bomb on a plane anyway? 'don't you dare set off that bomb or we'll blow you out of the sky!'.

Pretty sure it's there in case whomever the threat on board wants to use the plane as a weapon.

Better to destroy the plane than let it destroy a tower block. Pragmatic isn't it?

Anyone here work in HR?

We, like most companies have appraisals every year. The lad who does mine is fucking useless. I sent my appraisal stuff to him (standard stuff on goals etc) last August and still not had my appraisal. He is fucking useless at organising stuff and prioritising stuff.

I have this morning, requested he isnt involved in it and I want someone else to do it.

Fucked off about it as he spends hours on the phone to his stupid bint about bollocks, or doing things which arent a priority. It would only take an hour FFS!

Anyone here work in HR?

We, like most companies have appraisals every year. The lad who does mine is fucking useless. I sent my appraisal stuff to him (standard stuff on goals etc) last August and still not had my appraisal. He is fucking useless at organising stuff and prioritising stuff.

I have this morning, requested he isnt involved in it and I want someone else to do it.

Fucked off about it as he spends hours on the phone to his stupid bint about bollocks, or doing things which arent a priority. It would only take an hour FFS!

Why do you want an appraisal? Why are YOU sending stuff to HIM? Let him get on with it, if he doesn't, buck stops with him, not you.

My company's entire appraisal process is my boss drunkenly drawling "still not bored of translating yet?" at me during the latter stages of the office Christmas party every year. Doesn't leave much room for salary discussions as he wouldn't remember any of it the next day anyway, but at least there's less paperwork.

Why do you want an appraisal? Why are YOU sending stuff to HIM? Let him get on with it, if he doesn't, buck stops with him, not you.

Set my goals, see how I am doing in my role, improve myself, and when it comes to salary etc.

Set my goals, see how I am doing in my role, improve myself, and when it comes to salary etc.

Are you not doing your job? If you want to improve do you not put in for a promotion or transfer? Do you you have separate individual pay rises?

Are you not doing your job? If you want to improve do you not put in for a promotion or transfer? Do you you have separate individual pay rises?

I am doing my job and yes I push for that. But its also good to have a chat about things and see how I am doing.

Is it not a formalised thing? i.e. he has to have all his team's appraisals done by a certain date?

Aye

What is pissing me off more is, I am one of only two in the office (both in his team) who hasnt had their appraisals done.

In the past I have not been too arsed about appraisals, especially when its a load of form filling, for form filling sakes. But because he spends so much time either on the phone to his slack arsed wife, or doing other little pissy jobs its really grating on me.

He is a cath word end of really.

i ate at Alain Ducass at the DOrchester for the wife's birthday last year and felt the same. I've eaten in plenty of one star joints in London that were a lot better

Howay man, an average restaurant experience is no reason for you to declare war on Armenia.

Meanwhile, the president of Azerbaijan is taking the phrase "Twitter war" rather literally:

https://twitter.com/presidentaz

When you need to make 56 tweets in a row to get your message across you perhaps need to accept that twitter might not be the best medium for that message

Someone tell leazes

When you need to make 56 tweets in a row to get your message across you perhaps need to accept that twitter might not be the best medium for that message

Someone tell leazes

God, won't somebody tell Leazes? :pray: