General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I went 4 years ago after a gap of about 15 years....one year the girls in the tent next to ours saw some twat pull out a pistol and start shooting into the crowd...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/1994/jun/27/glastonbury2003.glastonbury

It's commonly accepted that the festival is held on Worthy Farm, but the vast majority of the festival site is actually owned by neighbouring Steenbow farm, where an ex season ticket holder at SJP is responsible for reering tens of thousands of chickens. He got me the (free!) ticket in 2010 and I stayed at his house across the road from the main entrance, nice and warm and dry. I could ask him if he could get you a ticket if you like, but seeing as neither of us know you from Adam it would make me look like a tosser and he will definetly say no, also his missus is due to give birth next month so glasto revels are likely to be low key next June as there will be an infant in the house.

No need to thank me :good:

Edited by PaddockLad

In his case prob evanescence or something ;)

the lineups can be grand, just seems like a whole load of hassle when the same bands will play elsewhere without the hype/downsides of glasto

I think Js house is decorated top to bottom with pictures of Ian McKay tbh ;)

Everybody should go to glasto once if they can, if the sun shines it's still a magical thing, mostly due to its glorious setting in the vale of Avalon. I was shocked about how corporate it's become though, £8 for a chicken burger :lol:

Most people I've spoken to that have been have been keen to stress that the music is a side event really and that experience is more about the people and err, substances

Another mag I know worked there this year picking up litter, he says it was brilliant. Am going out now but will phone him and get the details and pm them to you later if your interested?

Metallica played last year didn't they? The who, Sabbath, Maiden, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden. Plenty of decent bands out there

Well yeah, pretty good bands, think its Reading or Download for you though. Your "indie cunts" comment made me laugh, bit of a sweeping generlisation about the line up at glasto though. There really is something for everyone....