General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Aye the article I quoted calls into question the DNA testing that they've done, you crazy canuck! ;)

hahaha, caught out skimming the article you posted.

"The one benefit of a supremely privileged family is to prove, once and for all, that talent and brains are randomly assigned. Forget a super-race, this royal selective breeding with the very best education and top university tutors has produced the least intellectually curious, least artistic, dullest bunch of polo-playing, hunting, shooting, fishing dullards you could hope not to meet."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/26/britain-king-richard-iii-tyrant

Good lass, Polly.

"The one benefit of a supremely privileged family is to prove, once and for all, that talent and brains are randomly assigned. Forget a super-race, this royal selective breeding with the very best education and top university tutors has produced the least intellectually curious, least artistic, dullest bunch of polo-playing, hunting, shooting, fishing dullards you could hope not to meet."

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/mar/26/britain-king-richard-iii-tyrant

Good lass, Polly.

Acceptance, even admiration of their phenomenal riches weakens instinctive indignation against the galloping greed of our swelling kleptocracy. Where’s the outrage at bankers and FTSE 100 CEOs with their 27% pay rise while most people’s incomes fell back? Shielded in a culture that celebrates, or at least tolerates, its head of state’s unearned wealth.

Shes got a point like but misses another one....the Royals' influence on society in general is negligable compared with the FTSE 100 CEOs. Charles letters will be published and all they'll show is him trying to influence planning policy for his own ends. Its hardly asking for 72 billion for a bail out and then the elected government blaming the poor for causing the recession that the bail out was needed for. Of all the bad things in the world the UK's Royals are an irrelevance out of all proportion with their actual importance.

Edited by PaddockLad

Acceptance, even admiration of their phenomenal riches weakens instinctive indignation against the galloping greed of our swelling kleptocracy. Where’s the outrage at bankers and FTSE 100 CEOs with their 27% pay rise while most people’s incomes fell back? Shielded in a culture that celebrates, or at least tolerates, its head of state’s unearned wealth.

Shes got a point like but misses another one....the Royals' influence on society in general is negligable compared with the FTSE 100 CEOs. Charles letters will be published and all they'll show is him trying to influence planning policy for his own ends. Its hardly asking for 72 billion for a bail out and then the elected government blaming the poor for causing the recession that the bail out was needed for. Of all the bad things in the world the UK's Royals are an irrelevance out of all proportion with their actual importance.

I disagree - as she say's the reason so many people accept the status quo is bacuase the bastards have "bred" a cap-doffing, subservient attitude to the upper classes and the rich embodied by the royals. "Rich people = good, poor people = bad" maybe simplistic but that's the ideal attitude.

The bankers et al are just the modern lords and nobles - above and beyond the law.

My twelve, nearly thirteen year old daughter has her boyfriend around. He's a shy, nice enough kid. I'm really doing my best here and luckily am going out very soon for a few pints with workmates but the kid has a fucking Arsenal away shirt on. I'm fighting myself not to say anything here, like. I hope he's not here when I come back with a few beers in my belly. :lol:

My twelve, nearly thirteen year old daughter has her boyfriend around. He's a shy, nice enough kid. I'm really doing my best here and luckily am going out very soon for a few pints with workmates but the kid has a fucking Arsenal away shirt on. I'm fighting myself not to say anything here, like. I hope he's not here when I come back with a few beers in my belly. :lol:

Ha ha

Ha ha

.......A few pints later..........

Poor Kid: "Err, no, Mr Howmanheyman, I've no idea how many fans Arsenal brought up in 1988-89 when they were going for the title?"

Howmanheyman: "Well it's your team! You should! Ya Da from Islington or something?"

Doing 'research'.

I'm still shaking after my landing earlier this morning. We were bouncing into Zurich, to my mind, completely out of control when the pilot aborted the landing. I'd bought a copy of yesterday's Times (old school) and had read all the stuff about the Lubitz and the crash so maybe explains why I was shitting myself. Second landing was madness, plane was tipping through 40 degrees side to side and at one point my belt kept me from coming out of my seat (which is rare). Anyhow, the krauts were on their way from Munich for the meeting too and they also aborted but they went back to Germany without attempting the second landing. The French pilot obviously slammed his bitch into the Tarmac and minced off smoking a tab. I'm traumatised.