General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

[emoji38] your ability to find ways of working stuff like that into conversations is remarkable.

Any mention of Bush is an open goal to a man of Fist's calibre.

Wor lass is sick as a dog and so are the 2 kids. The youngest has had conjunctivitis and a streaming nose, coughing etc so he's on anti-biotics, nose cleaning regime, eye drops the lot. He's only 14 months so its a struggle to sort that out twice a day whilst he screams baby for 'get off me you cunt' at you for the duration. The eldest is ill too but her big issue right now is wanting to kip in our bed. As our lass is ill, i'm doing the nights (3 times last night) the mornings, the school run, the dinner. I'm also working every hour god sends as we are in the middle of some very delicate negotiations with the UK, Belgium and the Czech Republic. I was away for 3 days on business last so am lucky am at home this week to sort everything out. Lack of sleep is killing me a bit today, I was in bed at 10.30 last night and then the youngest wakes up at 11pm, 1am and 3am to snot and shit all over me and i didnt sleep between 1 and 3am. He also only woke up at 1am as his sister was trying to get into bed with us. Typical. Got up at 6.30 to start the next round of multiple breakfasts, medications and lost socks. As am working from home, i've not had a shower since Monday evening as i've flat out. Going for one now at last. Total snot and food-stained bamp.

Anyway, i think people who can have a lie-in but blithely ignore this wonderful luxury and get up to do laundry or something similar should be ashamed of themselves for wasting such a privilege . Yes you Jill ffs.

Wor lass is sick as a dog and so are the 2 kids. The youngest has had conjunctivitis and a streaming nose, coughing etc so he's on anti-biotics, nose cleaning regime, eye drops the lot. He's only 14 months so its a struggle to sort that out twice a day whilst he screams baby for 'get off me you cunt' at you for the duration. The eldest is ill too but her big issue right now is wanting to kip in our bed. As our lass is ill, i'm doing the nights (3 times last night) the mornings, the school run, the dinner. I'm also working every hour god sends as we are in the middle of some very delicate negotiations with the UK, Belgium and the Czech Republic. I was away for 3 days on business last so am lucky am at home this week to sort everything out. Lack of sleep is killing me a bit today, I was in bed at 10.30 last night and then the youngest wakes up at 11pm, 1am and 3am to snot and shit all over me and i didnt sleep between 1 and 3am. He also only woke up at 1am as his sister was trying to get into bed with us. Typical. Got up at 6.30 to start the next round of multiple breakfasts, medications and lost socks. As am working from home, i've not had a shower since Monday evening as i've flat out. Going for one now at last. Total snot and food-stained bamp.

Anyway, i think people who can have a lie-in but blithely ignore this wonderful luxury and get up to do laundry or something similar should be ashamed of themselves for wasting such a privilege . Yes you Jill ffs.

You'll look back and laugh when they're a bit older.

:lol:

My sympathies, it's horrible when they're really small and can't even tell you what's wrong/how much it hurts etc. It's also amazing how often my missus was bad the same time as my daughters were bad as well.

Humans are not meant to sleep 8 hours continuously. We are biologically programmed to sleep 4 hours, get up, have a snack/chat/read, then sleep for another 4 hours. This ties in exactly with my experience - if I know I'm under time pressures such as work deadlines or shitty shift patterns, I find myself less tired and ratty during the day if I grab 4 hours, than if I sleep for 6 or 7. Obviously you can't do this for long, otherwise you enter falling asleep on the Metro territory. If you're getting up at 4 or 5, it might simply be because you've gone to bed at midnight, and weren't all that tired because of either a very long sleep the previous night, or because of all these daytime naps. Also, a good rule of thumb - if it takes you more than 10 minutes to get to sleep you weren't tired or your bed time routine is not right, but if you're falling asleep the moment your head hits the pillow, you're sleep deprived.

I've always been able to sleep wherever and whenever I've needed to.

On trains, boats, cars, up trees, in phone boxes, sitting on rucksacks ...... you get the picture.

Then I had kids.

The little cunts. :lol:

Here's something weird though. I can only actually get to sleep in one position, and I mean it has to be exactly that position. On my left hand side, head resting on my left hand, which is sort of twisted around so my cheekbone is on the back of the hand. Any deviation at all from that configuration, and I'm not dropping off without the aid of extreme exhaustion or alcohol. It doesn't even work if I use the exact same layout but in a mirror image.

Shut it you filthy monkey. I wish it was OCD, then I'd be able to cure it with simple will power, my mind is awesome like that. This is something physical, I just don't have a clue what.

I tried those "Sleep Cycle" apps.

What a load of shite they are, didn't get a better quality of sleep, just less of it.

Humans are not meant to sleep 8 hours continuously. We are biologically programmed to sleep 4 hours, get up, have a snack/chat/read, then sleep for another 4 hours. This ties in exactly with my experience - if I know I'm under time pressures such as work deadlines or shitty shift patterns, I find myself less tired and ratty during the day if I grab 4 hours, than if I sleep for 6 or 7. Obviously you can't do this for long, otherwise you enter falling asleep on the Metro territory. If you're getting up at 4 or 5, it might simply be because you've gone to bed at midnight, and weren't all that tired because of either a very long sleep the previous night, or because of all these daytime naps. Also, a good rule of thumb - if it takes you more than 10 minutes to get to sleep you weren't tired or your bed time routine is not right, but if you're falling asleep the moment your head hits the pillow, you're sleep deprived.

What is biological programming?

Have you heard of evolution.

:shifty:

Moaning bloody Minnie.

@@Ant ya buck eejit! Why am I not able to see embedded twitter posts when I'm on the full version of the website on a PC. I get that I can't see them in Tapatalk and am prepared to absolve you of responsibility for this, which is quite big of me. What I am not prepared to do is to allow this PC fault to go unspoken and unpunished.