General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Some advice needed here please lads as i was explaining a few weeks ago my son had placed a 20 selection accumulator. When he placed he took a screen shot of his potential winnings were £73,000+ at the weekend he got confirmation that his bet had come up. As things were looking good a couple of weeks ago we enquired that if the bet was successful what his winnings would be. They said it would be just over a tenner beause there'd been an error on their site the suggested we conact their complaints section. We did this without success they suggested we contact the independant betting body. But i think we'll get the same out come. I'm really annoyed and think this needs highlighting locally and nationally what do you think ? I've just found out he had another accumulator running besides this one that's also all came in he has no screen shot of the potential winnings for this one but he said it was something like £15,000+ So lads what do i do the papers, tv, local or national. The lads had to give up his education through illness he has anxiety & agraphobia and these bets could set him up for life as it stands they only want to pay out just under £13.00 when in reality he has 2 bets that should be worth £88,000+. I'm gutted for him as i dont know what to do to help him any sensible ideas gratefully welcomed cheers Steve aka Trooper.

I'll place a caveat here and say I know fuck all about sports betting. However, if your son has had two bets come in for that amount on such a small outlay, chances are there is something amiss with the system.

fwiw I'd be amazed if any good news came of this trooper. To get the amount of pressure on the company needed to get them to pay out, there'd need to be a good deal of public opinion against them and end of the day gambling is still a vice. There won't be much sympathy as it's not money your lad's "lost".

Some advice needed here please lads as i was explaining a few weeks ago my son had placed a 20 selection accumulator. When he placed he took a screen shot of his potential winnings were £73,000+ at the weekend he got confirmation that his bet had come up. As things were looking good a couple of weeks ago we enquired that if the bet was successful what his winnings would be. They said it would be just over a tenner beause there'd been an error on their site the suggested we conact their complaints section. We did this without success they suggested we contact the independant betting body. But i think we'll get the same out come. I'm really annoyed and think this needs highlighting locally and nationally what do you think ? I've just found out he had another accumulator running besides this one that's also all came in he has no screen shot of the potential winnings for this one but he said it was something like £15,000+ So lads what do i do the papers, tv, local or national. The lads had to give up his education through illness he has anxiety & agraphobia and these bets could set him up for life as it stands they only want to pay out just under £13.00 when in reality he has 2 bets that should be worth £88,000+. I'm gutted for him as i dont know what to do to help him any sensible ideas gratefully welcomed cheers Steve aka Trooper.

Would definitely take it up with the papers if you can. If they run with it you might get a decent result out of this.

That's probably the best course of action. Take all the official routes for filing complaints first. The ones that don't cost you any money. Then if all that leads nowhere try and turn it into some bad PR for whoever the company is and see if that gets you anywhere.

I'd probably guess though that the site your lad placed the bet on has a tos so long you'd need to reserve a month of Sundays to read the fucking thing. In all likelihood there's something in there that absolves them of any responsibility to honour defective wagers.

Good luck though. I hope it goes well.

That's probably the best course of action. Take all the official routes for filing complaints first. The ones that don't cost you any money. Then if all that leads nowhere try and turn it into some bad PR for whoever the company is and see if that gets you anywhere.

I'd probably guess though that the site your lad placed the bet on has a tos so long you'd need to reserve a month of Sundays to read the fucking thing. In all likelihood there's something in there that absolves them of any responsibility to honour defective wagers.

Good luck though. I hope it goes well.

Cheers mate i'm willing to try anything i can to help him as i've said £88,000+ i cant just let it go without fighting them for it. Even if they offered him 10% it would be better than a measley tenner.

http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/Contact-us/Complaints/How-do-I-complain-operator.aspx

Just received a letter this morning saying they are going to look in to Axl's (my son) bet for him and will be in touch i guess it's just a case of wait and see. At least i feel like i've done something to help him and thanks lads for all the help and advice even you ewerk. Obviously i'll let you know the out come when we get it cheers again Steve aka Trooper

I can't think of anything positive to say about holding a memorial for a cow. How many memories can anyone possibly have of 'Bessie' that aren't exactly the same as the memories they have for any other random cow.

Hope there's a burger van to feed the 6,000.

:lol:

It's a piss take, btw.

I think the lad who set it up set up a FB event as a pisstake, and all the chavs , who have a propensity for ostentatious grief, took it seriously. :lol:

I drove past this on Sunday and assumed there'd been a robbery or someone had been murdered such was the amount of Police cars around plus the Police helicopter was hovering about. Wasn't till I got home that I discovered what had happened. Where this incident was, the cows would have had to be related to Red Rum with a suicidal streak to leap over the iron railings onto the dual carriageway below so am thinking, not for the first time, Northumbria's finest, the thin blue line, may have over-reacted a teensy weeny, tiny bit on this occasion. :lol:

As MF says, it's just a bit of a piss take I believe.

:lol:

It's a piss take, btw.

I think the lad who set it up set up a FB event as a pisstake, and all the chavs , who have a propensity for ostentatious grief, took it seriously. :lol:

Mint :lol:

I've just been invited by my cousin's bloke to the North Tyneside CID Summer BBQ on June 10th.

21 days from now. :whistle:

Tell him you know the Drug Baron of Boldon?

"He alleges that he had been verbally abused and spat at by the children's father - a claim that Mr Magalhaes strongly denies."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32793901

He should be fired with immediate effect. No justification for his behavior.

I dunno if he failed to understand and just kept saying "Que?", that's worth a clip round the back of the head, surely?