General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I love the Tyne like, was there on Saturday night. Chez's mate was doing his best to get filled in at the bar :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: He is cracker jack that lad, off his tits after 2 tokes on one 2J's jazz tabs.

He bumped into this lad at the bar who was alright about it. The bloke was older, sort of old skool Byker if you know what I mean. Anyway, your mate thought it would be funny to pretend to push in front of him and he shouted his order out, in the blokes face more or less, just as the lass behind the bar was about to take the other blokes order. Obviously I knew it was just a wind-up but it fell a bit flat with the intended recipient. ;)

Maybe that's their game- the food is actually rank, but they force you to get Cobra'd up so it seems fine.

Devious bastards!

Then large Cobras are killers like.

Soooo, after my leisurely lunch at the Tyne, I got home around 2pm.

Played with the kids for a bit, then Mrs. Fist said "Why don't you go and have a soak in the bath".

Result.

20 minutes into the bath I hear Wifey on the phone to her sisters, inviting them round for a firework party - in 2 hours.

Cue a mad dash, with 3yr old and 5 month son , to buy fireworks, party food and booze.

£200 lighter I'm now sitting halfway pissed having scared the shit of the neighbourhood cats and both Chimplets.

Women!!!!

At least you didn't do to your kids what my exes father did to his grandaughter. His hobby is to restore 19th Century guns, and take them to a shooting range, and therefore has access to gun powder. When my exes daughter was 2, they had bought some fireworks tolet off in the garden. Of course, Dave, the my exes dad thought the fireworks needed 'customising' and added weapons grade gunpowder. You can imagine how loud they were, and my exes' daughters' reaction. I think there was a crater where the fireworks went off.

Edited by Billy Castell

At least you didn't do to your kids what my exes father did to his grandaughter. His hobby is to restore 19th Century guns, and take them to a shooting range, and therefore has access to gun powder. When my exes daughter was 2, they had bought some fireworks tolet off in the garden. Of course, Dave, the my exes dad thought the fireworks needed 'customising' and added weapons grade gunpowder. You can imagine how loud they were, and my exes' daughters' reaction. I think there was a crater where the fireworks went off.

See that, exes remain a pain in the arse forever as you have to keep saying exes in front of everything. Fuckers! :icon_lol:

Edited by JawD

Going for a "sitty doon" at Forest Hall Indians tomorrow too.

Is the service in there still terrible btw? Stopped going except for takeaways. Even if it's half full you still wait ages whilst they're sending out the takeaways like billy-o. Bad show, all boy iyam. I put it down to teething problems at first but after it happened about 3 or 4 times it was taking the proverbial. Shame as the food is spot on.

Last time I went, it wasn't bad once you got to your table. Getting there was a bit of a chore though.

Food is cracking mind.

:icon_lol: Same here. I got to the table about an hour and a half after it was booked though. I was mortal.

Table booked for 8pm. Arrived 5 minutes early, served drinks immediately, orders were taken after 5 minutes.

Seated and served promptly.

Service was spot on, the food was superb.

And they've got a new menu.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the service in there still terrible btw? Stopped going except for takeaways. Even if it's half full you still wait ages whilst they're sending out the takeaways like billy-o. Bad show, all boy iyam. I put it down to teething problems at first but after it happened about 3 or 4 times it was taking the proverbial. Shame as the food is spot on.

Last time I went, it wasn't bad once you got to your table. Getting there was a bit of a chore though.

Food is cracking mind.

;) Same here. I got to the table about an hour and a half after it was booked though. I was mortal.

Table booked for 8pm. Arrived 5 minutes early, served drinks immediately, orders were taken after 5 minutes.

Might have to give the restaurant another go. Got a takeaway from there at the weekend and it was lush.

Food is cracking mind.

:lol: Same here. I got to the table about an hour and a half after it was booked though. I was mortal.

Might have to give the restaurant another go. Got a takeaway from there at the weekend and it was lush.

Your Tongue will thank you.

Btw, I ordered plain paratha with my main- made on premises and lursh!

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Read the first one and thought it was shit, if that helps :lol: Nah, it was ok, I read it on holiday years ago but haven't bothered with any of the others.

Have any of you read the Harry Potter books? I'm thinking of buying them all but though I love the films I'm wandering if the books will be too childish.

Not if you read them with dippy eggs and soldiers :lol:

Gemmill will tell you otherwise.

Have a bucks party to go to tomorrow, which is why I'm home tonight (AEST). The man for the occasion is the biggest pervert in the world. :lol:

A poker game is on the cards (pardon the pun), we each put in $100 and the winner takes all, group of 20 on four tables at a mate's home. 4 topless waitresses have been hired for 5 hours. Should be interesting.

Wor lass is at work tonight so I might have to get another takeaway from there now you mention it.

Had curry last night, however, Joy King may be getting a call tonight.

Fried Chicken in garlic and chilli salt seaweed with noodles.

Sold! To the little fat bloke

Just download the audiobooks. The ones read by Stephen Fry. He does a good job, as you'd expect, and at your age you need to be using your eyes sparingly if you can.

Actually for you thats quite a good idea Bianca :lol: And I like Stephen Fry, he is a legend!

I will ignore that last comment :razz:

Except to say I am like a fine wine, I get better with age :icon_lol:

Wor lass is at work tonight so I might have to get another takeaway from there now you mention it.

Had curry last night, however, Joy King may be getting a call tonight.

Fried Chicken in garlic and chilli salt seaweed with noodles.

Sold! To the little fat bloke

Joy King is spot on like. Massive portions as well. Thai red curry is lush. I might see you there later :lol: