General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I thought they'd changed the rules so that you weren't supposed to indicate if there's no one to indicate to. Either way you want to get in to the habbit of indicating properly on roundabouts. The amount of useless fuckers who can't manage it that I'm forced to shout abuse at on a daily basis is ridiculous.

A school friend of mine crashed on his test. They didn't fail him for it mind.

Thing is - I've pretty always nailed roundabouts and it's so out of character! I didn't feel nervous and didn't drive badly at all really :lol:

i wouldn't have called it a major because there was no traffic behind and obviously none to my right and I was positioned in the correct lane.

Oh well. Feels a bit of a rip off as its cost me £102 to fail.

All the best drivers fail first time around

Not all of them.

I've zero points on my license now, and have never had points on my license. I've been driving for 16yrs. I'm an excellent driver and should be held aloft, as an example to others. :cuppa:

Don't think it really makes a difference though. Mate of mine was failed because he didn't buckle up, passed the second time and is an awful driver. My lass terrifies me when she's driving in a city, she passed second time. My sisters are both terrible drivers and they too passed second time.

I just expect everybody else on the road to be a bad driver.

The examiner did an emergency stop on mine, as he considered an elderly pedestrian was about to step out into the road. He did me a favour by failing me as I look back on it now

Not all of them.

I've zero points on my license now, and have never had points on my license. I've been driving for 16yrs. I'm an excellent driver and should be held aloft, as an example to others. :cuppa:

Don't think it really makes a difference though. Mate of mine was failed because he didn't buckle up, passed the second time and is an awful driver. My lass terrifies me when she's driving in a city, she passed second time. My sisters are both terrible drivers and they too passed second time.

I just expect everybody else on the road to be a bad driver.

Do you drive much though, do you even own a car in London?

I passed first time, have been driving more than 20 years now frequently, and never had an accident or a point. Unless you count me scraping the side of my car on my ridiculously tight drive way last year (since widened), expensive mistake.

It's not rocket science like. Just keep aware and be considerate. For instance, always indicate at roundabouts even if you think no one's there to see it. ;)

Do you drive much though, do you even own a car in London?

I passed first time, have been driving more than 20 years now frequently, and never had an accident or a point. Unless you count me scraping the side of my car on my ridiculously tight drive way last year (since widened), expensive mistake.

It's not rocket science like. Just keep aware and be considerate. For instance, always indicate at roundabouts even if you think no one's there to see it. ;)

Don't own my own, but I drive her car about a fair amount now, normally do the longer journeys. Did loads of driving last October-November. Find it relaxing, especially once you realise that in this country, it's not really worth driving above 60/65. You see queues of 20 cars, all stuck in the outside lane, furious because the car in front of them won't pull over. Completely oblivious to the fact that if they all followed best practices, they'd all get past the truck that's causing the congestion quicker.

Proper Tory way of driving, "people should get out of my way." :lol:

Driving in London turns all motorists into cunts, it's the only way to get anywhere. If you don't edge out into a road, you'll be stuck forever because no fucker is going to flash you out.

It's so refreshing once you get out of London and typically British common courtesy is restored. No one waves in appreciation down here.

I'm a shit driver me like.

But then, I do think anyone who thinks they're some sort of road king is the sort of cunt who will cut people up, undertake and get up the arse end of anyone sticking to the limit.

So what I'm saying without wanting to be conceited, is I'm actually a quietly excellent, conscientious driver ;)

Driving in London turns all motorists into cunts, it's the only way to get anywhere. If you don't edge out into a road, you'll be stuck forever because no fucker is going to flash you out.

It's so refreshing once you get out of London and typically British common courtesy is restored. No one waves in appreciation down here.

Metaphor for the way of life, innit?

Still uses hand signals

Driving gloves and goggles too.

Must admit I've never driven in London and very probably never will. People really do drive like cunts there, I couldn't take the stress.

I'm a shit driver me like.

But then, I do think anyone who thinks they're some sort of road king is the sort of cunt who will cut people up, undertake and get up the arse end of anyone sticking to the limit.

So what I'm saying without wanting to be conceited, is I'm actually a quietly excellent, conscientious driver ;)

Metaphor for life, be a decent driver, be courteous to others, don't be a cunt etc.

Driving in Paris is another level of cuntishness.

Some of the parking I've seen in Paris is incredible. Is it just accepted that you get as tight to the car in front of you as possible and they then have to remove your bumper in order to get out?