General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Got suspended from work last week, still off. Obviously had to play on the (probably real and untreated) stress and anxiety card in attempt to deflect fom the pbvious witch hunt, been prescribed Amitriptyline which I haven't really known of anybody else use before. Any of our other resident smackheads like @adios enlighten me? 

Pretty common anti depressant in high doses but commonly used in small doses for nerve related pain. Used to take it for herniated neck disc. Takes a good while to work properly, get into your system.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-25 at 4:23 PM, Kid Dynamite said:

Was driving over the swing bridge today and spotted a bloke hanging off the Tyne Bridge

Literally 5 seconds later he fell. They dragged him out like and he's survived the lucky bastard 

The number of horrible cunts videoing him fall was unreal. Lined up on the swing bridge with their phones out

1A463D15-569B-4C10-B69A-2DB98C5DBA0C_zps

Channel 4 news last week interviewed some people who were involved in the Finsbury Mosque attack.  One was the women who videoed it.  I said at the time, why didnt Snow ask her, 'Why when everyone else is trying to get the police etc did you just stand and film it'

Freaks

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Pretty common anti depressant in high doses but commonly used in small doses for nerve related pain. Used to take it for herniated neck disc. Takes a good while to work properly, get into your system.

He said it'll take a while like. Was it good imnthe end, except obviously from getting monged on?

28 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He said it'll take a while like. Was it good imnthe end, except obviously from getting monged on?

It was very good for pain relief however the first few days it totally wiped me out. However if you are on the bigger dose for use as an anti depressant then I don't know. The pinball kid should be pretty clued up.

6 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

25mg i'm on, which from my reading seems a tad high. Woke uo had a coffee then cabbaged out fot two hours. Still feel fucked now man

Sure I was on about 80mg of it a while ago due to the issues with my back and nerves. Came off it though as that combined with 8 tramadol a day and gabapentin turned me into a proper space cadet.

8 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

25mg i'm on, which from my reading seems a tad high. Woke uo had a coffee then cabbaged out fot two hours. Still feel fucked now man

Minimum dose for antidepressant use is 75mg. 25mg is for neuropathic pain and shouldnt have a noticeable effect. It certainly shouldn't be cabbaging you out you big fanny 

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Minimum dose for antidepressant use is 75mg. 25mg is for neuropathic pain and shouldnt have a noticeable effect. It certainly shouldn't be cabbaging you out you big fanny 

I can chew benzos like polo mints and be fine, these things ruined me. Have you tried one?

9 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I can chew benzos like polo mints and be fine, these things ruined me. Have you tried one?

Nope. Are you taking it at night? If not then you should be 

If you really don't know why you've been prescribed it then you need to ask. 

Why do you chew benzo's like polo mints? They're supposed to be a short term prescription     for most people as they can foster a dependence eventually

16 hours ago, Tooj said:

Sure I was on about 80mg of it a while ago due to the issues with my back and nerves. Came off it though as that combined with 8 tramadol a day and gabapentin turned me into a proper space cadet.

8 Tram?!!? WOW. that alone is just mental.

12 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Nope. Are you taking it at night? If not then you should be 

If you really don't know why you've been prescribed it then you need to ask. 

Why do you chew benzo's like polo mints? They're supposed to be a short term prescription     for most people as they can foster a dependence eventually

Yep at night for shoulder and neck pain.  Benzo's are fun, tolerance is just pain in the arse wth them though

Benzos are only decent when mixed ime and the tolerance/withdrawal make them fucking bad news in the mid-long term.

Haven't heard of what you're on but thought it was weird they'd put you on a TCA over an SSRI these days for depression/anxiety but now I'm not sure why it was prescribed to you?

2 hours ago, adios said:

Benzos are only decent when mixed ime and the tolerance/withdrawal make them fucking bad news in the mid-long term.

Haven't heard of what you're on but thought it was weird they'd put you on a TCA over an SSRI these days for depression/anxiety but now I'm not sure why it was prescribed to you?

It's for pain relief at low doses. I'm otherwise chirpy if you hadn't noticed!

Ah right, not my area of expertise I'm afraid as I've only ever taken painkillers for pleasure. And I've never seen that on the menu. ;)

I'm sure it's quite normal to be out of it for the first couple of days btw, perfectly standard for people to have wildly differing reactions when first starting a new med.