General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

House has just been listed for sale, never done this bit before as its our first.

What a faff its been getting it all sorted, I'm still being called by one agent who knows I've already gone with someone else.

A single piano note played then an actor with a sonorous tone

50 minutes ago, trooper said:

Cassini entered Saturns atmosphere, was disintegrated into fragments and burned up in seconds as it plummeted at 77,000mph. The 20 year mission was over. Or so we thought...

a big Chris Nolan "Bwaaaaaarp" noise and then boom, straight into a trailer for the next Sci-Fi blockbuster.

:munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch::munch:

Edited by The Fish

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

House has just been listed for sale, never done this bit before as its our first.

What a faff its been getting it all sorted, I'm still being called by one agent who knows I've already gone with someone else.

I've yet to meet an estate agent who wasn't a cunt and/or useless.

Might've mentioned this before but when we sold our previous house and the first estate agent turned up and started going on about what was wrong with it (it was a Victorian terraced house) like lack of parking, no garden out the back and so on. She suggested listing it for about 20k less than what we had in mind. I was thinking to myself - you're supposed to be working for us, that's what your fee is for, not accentuating any negatives just so you can list it at a low price and get an easy sale, you dopey bint. She was quite put out when we said we'd speak to other estate agents. I wouldn't mind but it was a lovely house (something which was down to my lass and for which I take little credit for). Anyway, we got another estate agent who listed it at what we thought it was worth. 3 lots of people came to see it and 2 couples offered the full asking price and it was off the market in less than a week. Loads of them have no fucking concept that they're provided the seller with a service and getting the best deal for the person who's paying them doesn't even enter into their heads.

Edited by Alex

i was in a people carrier size taxi not long ago on the way out to a stag do, meeting a few people in the group for the first time. we quickly established that there were a journalist, banker, lawyer and estate agent among us. we only needed traffic warden for the full house of most despised professions. 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Might've mentioned this before but when we sold our previous house and the first estate agent turned up and started going on about what was wrong with it (it was a Victorian terraced house) like lack of parking, no garden out the back and so on. She suggested listing it for about 20k less than what we had in mind. I was thinking to myself - you're supposed to be working for us, that's what your fee is for, not accentuating any negatives just so you can list it at a low price and get an easy sale, you dopey bint. She was quite put out when we said we'd speak to other estate agents. I wouldn't mind but it was a lovely house (something which was down to my lass and for which I take little credit for). Anyway, we got another estate agent who listed it at what we thought it was worth. 3 lots of people came to see it and 2 couples offered the full asking price and it was off the market in less than a week. Loads of them have no fucking concept that they're provided the seller with a service and getting the best deal for the person who's paying them doesn't even enter into their heads.

the thing that irritates me is they don't need any qualifications to do the job. any dimwit can become an estate agent. london is full of them. most of them can't tell you anything about the property if you have any questions, but they don't need to know anything because the market moves so quickly, or at least it used to. all they had to do was drive you to the property and show you around and the property would sell itself. 

foxtons are the worst. what a bunch of cunt they are. 

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

In the end we've listed up with the same agents that are selling the house we want to move to so if they sell mine they sell that as well.

Had three valuations and made sure they knew they were competing and ended up getting fees reduced by £500 by the ones we actually wanted to go with off the back of it.

40 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would imagine being a cunt is pretty much a prerequisite for the job in London. Like you say, it seems all you have to be is a brash wanker.

foxtons deliberately overvalue properties to get the instruction, then they force you to sign you in to a three month contract with them and they charge about 3% of the sale price in fees, which is about double a lot of their competitors. then if they can't shift the property straight away (though they usually do), you're forced to lower the price because you're locked in with them, they're absolutely thieving bastards. i've never bought or sold through them on principle but they're probably the estate agent london deserves. 

there was a really good documentary a few years back, i think on the beeb or channel 4, exposing some of the mad shit they were able to get away with, one of the most outlandish bits i remember was how they pushed buyers to use Alexander Hall as their mortgage broker, a company which, surprise surprise, was also owned by foxtons, and which would then unlawfully share information, so the agents knew how much buyers could afford and how to bleed every last penny out of them. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

I've been given a bottle of whisky, and looked it up and apparently it's worth 200 quid. Really can't justify drinking it at that cost and really don't drink whisky or spirits any more anyway. Can you sell alcohol on eBay? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I've been given a bottle of whisky, and looked it up and apparently it's worth 200 quid. Really can't justify drinking it at that cost and really don't drink whisky or spirits any more anyway. Can you sell alcohol on eBay? 

Whisky auction.com or something is what you need Rents....my mate has just sold a bottle of The MacAllan for two grand on it, his  old man Ossie from Ryton (RIP) was a plasterer and was working at some big house 40 years ago or something when he came acros a load of this stuff in the cellar, Ossie and his mate  sussed that it was worth a fair bit even back then, so the liberated a case or so, a lot of which was actually drunk by Ossie's mate's wife :lol: 

55 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Whisky auction.com or something is what you need Rents....my mate has just sold a bottle of The MacAllan for two grand on it, his  old man Ossie from Ryton (RIP) was a plasterer and was working at some big house 40 years ago or something when he came acros a load of this stuff in the cellar, Ossie and his mate  sussed that it was worth a fair bit even back then, so the liberated a case or so, a lot of which was actually drunk by Ossie's mate's wife :lol: 

Cheers. Will have a look but then again may hold on to it as these things only appreciate and may not be worth the hassle for one bottle. 

Love a single malt mind. Too much so though, can't stop at a glass. 

On 9/15/2017 at 10:03 AM, Alex said:

:lol:

" One sex offender even pretended to be a ROAD outside a girls' secondary school to entice teen students to accept his friend request. "

:lol:  I actually thought that was a line straight out of Brass Eye till I opened the article.

I took a temp job a couple of weeks ago and it's a piece of piss, laid back place but the money is shite. Went for an interview last week and it looks like a dirty sweatshop but the money is better and it's permanent work. They've been trying to ring me and sent me an email a couple of hours ago offering me the job and I don't know what to do. Be skint or be flogged?

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I took a temp job a couple of weeks ago and it's a piece of piss, laid back place but the money is shite. Went for an interview last week and it looks like a dirty sweatshop but the money is better and it's permanent work. They've been trying to ring me and sent me an email a couple of hours ago offering me the job and I don't know what to do. Be skint or be flogged?

Take the permanent job and continue looking for something better IMO. At least you'll be earning better money, and will have the job security.