General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

So, a moan, any advice appreciated. I've recently moved to a rented flat  whilst, fingers crossed, I buy a wreck of a house next week and rennovate it. Will take best part of a year.

Anyway, I'm used to being spoiled by virgin media with 100 mbs speeds etc, but they don't supply this flat. By far the best deal for what we need is with BT, so we arranged this to be connected 3 weeks ago. Even paid for a TV "engineer" who plugged an aerial cable into a set top box ffs, but the line wasn't connected. Long story short, since then it's been impossible to get BT to do anything. You can get through to their reception desk easily enough but then they repeatedly put me through to their connection department where they leave you hanging for 30 mins before cutting you off. I've made numerous complaints, they arrange a time to phone you back but never honour it. It's fucking pathetic.

So, I've had no TV or broadband for a month and am spending a fortune on data bundles for my phone. Am now beginning to panic as I have an online exam start of December and this is going to make it extremely difficult. 

Any idea how the fuck I can get connected or at least get my complaints answered? Should I give up and go with Sky (who can't provide a TV package)? Any other providers? I hear talk talk are also shit. Complain to my MP, watchdog? 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So, a moan, any advice appreciated. I've recently moved to a rented flat  whilst, fingers crossed, I buy a wreck of a house next week and rennovate it. Will take best part of a year.

Anyway, I'm used to being spoiled by virgin media with 100 mbs speeds etc, but they don't supply this flat. By far the best deal for what we need is with BT, so we arranged this to be connected 3 weeks ago. Even paid for a TV "engineer" who plugged an aerial cable into a set top box ffs, but the line wasn't connected. Long story short, since then it's been impossible to get BT to do anything. You can get through to their reception desk easily enough but then they repeatedly put me through to their connection department where they leave you hanging for 30 mins before cutting you off. I've made numerous complaints, they arrange a time to phone you back but never honour it. It's fucking pathetic.

So, I've had no TV or broadband for a month and am spending a fortune on data bundles for my phone. Am now beginning to panic as I have an online exam start of December and this is going to make it extremely difficult. 

Any idea how the fuck I can get connected or at least get my complaints answered? Should I give up and go with Sky (who can't provide a TV package)? Any other providers? I hear talk talk are also shit. Complain to my MP, watchdog? 

In cases like this it’s always worthwhile dropping the ceo a line, including all the relevant details and laying it on thick. While he won’t call you back, he will have a pa who will get the right person to sort it out quickly.

I did this years ago with ceo of o2 and got a very quick response.

Use a good strap line like “please for God’s sake help me” etc

gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Renton said:

I had this shit and I emailed someone high up at BT, like the cunt that I am. It got sorted very quickly after that and he kept checking in on progress. I'll see if I can dig out the emails...

Right, it was Steve.Best@BT.com

To clarify, my ISP is Plusnet so this was a BT Openreach problem cos Plusnet couldn't do anything til BT did their job. You could try him though and see if he doesn't refer you to someone else.

He got someone else involved to help with my case (simon.brisbourne@bt.com) so you could try them both.

Just going back through emails here and this was a saga similar to yours. Zero engagement from BT and no interest in sorting it until I got these two winners involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Right, it was Steve.Best@BT.com

To clarify, my ISP is Plusnet so this was a BT Openreach problem cos Plusnet couldn't do anything til BT did their job. You could try him though and see if he doesn't refer you to someone else.

He got someone else involved to help with my case (simon.brisbourne@bt.com) so you could try them both.

Just going back through emails here and this was a saga similar to yours. Zero engagement from BT and no interest in sorting it until I got these two winners involved.

Brilliant, cheers Gemmill. 

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

Brilliant, cheers Gemmill. 

If that doesn’t work try elc@bt.com. That is the ‘Executive Level Service Team’. They replied to me after I did something similar to Gemmill (although my e-mail was to the then head of customer service). They sorted out the issue out very quickly and also gave me some dosh in compensation.

I had exactly the same problem as you did when trying the normal customer service. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Go to head office and have a shit in the reception

That was my thought for my next step. Although I will have a shit in the reception desk drawer. I'm not an animal. 

Anyone watch that James Bulger thing last night?

I was 13 at the time of the incident.  I knew bits and bats about it like and have read stuff, watched stuff about it since.  But fuck me.

I spoke to a women here today and she usually watches stuff like that.  I asked her and she didnt.  She asked what I thought.  I said I felt somewhat sorry about Venables and Thompson because of their situation.  This didnt excuse what they did like, but fuck me.  Man, she went mental at me :lol:

I just said watch it, then we can have a chat lol.

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

I always thought writing people off as evil when they're ten was a bit extreme. 

Not saying they didn't know what they did was wrong or anything like that but still. 

Exactly.

They didnt have a 'normal' childhood and this was obviously reflected in their actions.  But fuck me, nobody is born evil.  The way the public and media were acting over this was mental.  It was a horrific act but they were 10 years old and tried as adults.

Massive thanks to @Gemmill and @Billy Whitehurst. On Monday I e-mailed both these addresses. Within 20 minutes both had pinged right back, full of apologies but more importantly prepared to take action. Engineer connected us this morning. 40 mbs download and 10 mbs upload which I can live with. Ridiculous to have to take it to this level but just glad to be connected. Thanks to @Christmas Tree too even though I didn't use his suggestion. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just read this thread, I actually emailed the bloke CT mentioned a year or so ago when he was the chief executive of BT and laid it on thick. He actually emailed back apologising and said he'd get it sorted, cue another email from an engineering manager who arranged a fix it with a request to deal with him and not Gavin if it played up again. :lol: