Spain World Cup squad.

Optimistic Nut

Shame cos we might have got some more cash for him if he somehow turned it on in Germany. Having said that though, you'd have to pity the lad who missed out in place of Luque, given how crap he's been this season. He's only got himself to blame if you ask me. Unlucky with the injury, but since he came back he's looked uninterested.

I don't think it's all Luque's fault, he hasn't been given a proper look in. Disgrace.

117416[/snapback]

I agree with you there, but you aren't just going to select the side on who's better than who, who's a Spanish international etc. It's obvious the likes of N'Zogbia and Ameobi must impress more in training, and are more committed to the cause than Luque, who just doesn't seem interested. Would certainly like it for him to "come good" though.

I don't think it's all Luque's fault, he hasn't been given a proper look in. Disgrace.

117416[/snapback]

I agree with you there, but you aren't just going to select the side on who's better than who, who's a Spanish international etc. It's obvious the likes of N'Zogbia and Ameobi must impress more in training, and are more committed to the cause than Luque, who just doesn't seem interested. Would certainly like it for him to "come good" though.

117425[/snapback]

What would anger me is if he does leave in the summer (and you couldnt blame him if he did) (and of course for a cut price), we would never know what could have been. At least had he been given a proper run out, ie 10 games approx in from the start almost all of them full games, then at least had he been shite we could have all seen it and he'd be on his way with no regrets. It's not like Shola has been collecting praises this season. Can't see how Luque could have been any worse.

But just like Kluivert last year, we've pissed about, not giving a proper chance then blaming the player when he goes for being a mercenary who doesnt understand the game.