ManUtd v Arsenal

MattM4

2-0 now, Park has doubled the lead.

ManU in a class of their own in this match, a quite brilliant performance at times. Rooney not only scoring but playing as well as ever, the boy comes of age under pressure.

Plus the arses are taking a beating. All is well today.

I want Man United to catch Chelsea, but I don't want Spurs in the CL, so it's a bit of a weird one today. I just think with Everton last year, you knew there would be no long term benefit of them qualifying for the CL, but I could see Spurs under Jol really taking advantage of the increased revenue and exposure to kick on and leave us behind them.

I want Man United to catch Chelsea, but I don't want Spurs in the CL, so it's a bit of a weird one today.  I just think with Everton last year, you knew there would be no long term benefit of them qualifying for the CL, but I could see Spurs under Jol really taking advantage of the increased revenue and exposure to kick on and leave us behind them.

118182[/snapback]

It'd be funny if Spurs got 4th and were celebrating wildly and then Arsenal went and won the Champions League stealing that place right from under their feet.

I want Man United to catch Chelsea, but I don't want Spurs in the CL, so it's a bit of a weird one today.  I just think with Everton last year, you knew there would be no long term benefit of them qualifying for the CL, but I could see Spurs under Jol really taking advantage of the increased revenue and exposure to kick on and leave us behind them.

118182[/snapback]

It'd be funny if Spurs got 4th and were celebrating wildly and then Arsenal went and won the Champions League stealing that place right from under their feet.

118227[/snapback]

I want Spurs to implode, basically, and it is only for the childish reason that the 'goldfish kid' plays for them. Sad, I know, but one must trust one's instincts!

118182[/snapback]

118227[/snapback]

I want Spurs to implode, basically, and it is only for the childish reason that the 'goldfish kid' plays for them. Sad, I know, but one must trust one's instincts!

118232[/snapback]

Yeah well if my memory serves me correctly, Spurs have a tough run in. Arsenal have a game in hand and have to play Spurs, so it's still all in Arsenals hands at the minute. Would love it if they tumbled out of the European positions all together, but I can't see that happening.

118182[/snapback]

Agree with that. When Everton got there i was laughing at what a joke it was and said categorically they'd bomb straight out in the qualifiers and then do shite in the uefa before returning to where their style of football belongs.

But Spurs have an intelligent euro coach, some better players than Everton and could take advantage of the CL leaving us with yet another club to chase thanks to Souness.

So normally i'd love the idea of the arse finding themselves out of the CL, but in this case its probably best they scrape past Spurs.

I've been telling my spurs mate for ages they'd get 4th and arsenal would win it. Be funny as fuck.

I don't think arsenal were bad today by a long stretch. They were two good teams out there. Obviously I wanted the mancs to lose but stuff it they're out of reach after today