Perfect time to appoint Hiddink?

Rodhaminho

Alot of people are suggesting O'Neill but i think Hiddink is more likley. He's just won the dutch league with PSV so their season is over.

Not only that but we have a good game against Wigan for him to come into.

Me wishing i suppose. :D

Hiddink is my first choice too.

In my opinion, if O'Neill isn't here by Thursday we dont want him, and we are after someone foreign - Hiddink (Edit: NOT Hitzfeld as it previously said.) the favourite.

Edited by Taylor27

He's my first choice, but MON is almost a certainty now. Expect him this week.

118516[/snapback]

Still waiting for Steed Malbranque tbh :D

118560[/snapback]

Still waiting for the post I made saying we'd sign him tbh :lol:

I said we'd bid for him. We did. I said he turned us down. He did.

I don't think the new manager will take charge of any games this season. Roeder's steadied the ship, we're not going down, and we'll not get into a european place.

It's best for the new manager to take control when the season is finished. Imagine he lost all the games he were in charge of till the end of the season? Not much confidence for the fans. I would prefer him to have weeks of training with the players before the first competitive match, tbh.

Edited by Stifler's Mom

I don't think the new manager will take charge of any games this season. Roeder's steadied the ship, we're not going down, and we'll not get into a european place.

It's best for the new manager to take control when the season is finished. Imagine he lost all the games he were in charge of till the end of the season? Not much confidence for the fans. I would prefer him to have weeks of training with the players before the first competitive match, tbh.

118611[/snapback]

We dont have anything to play for now so IMO its the opposite and now would be a perfect time if we have the right man lined up. Get a few nothing games under his belt, gets to know the players etc and will be more settled to start next season.

118611[/snapback]

We dont have anything to play for now so IMO its the opposite and now would be a perfect time if we have the right man lined up. Get a few nothing games under his belt, gets to know the players etc and will be more settled to start next season.

118628[/snapback]

If the new man(ager) took charge of the last two games, he would need to win them convincingly. Let's say he lost them both, not much confidence going into the new season from the fans. Best to start a fresh, then there's no excuses, and he can really get to know the players in a pre-season. Pretty much a luxury to have a pre-season for a new manager of Newcastle United Sport Club, tbh.

He's my first choice, but MON is almost a certainty now. Expect him this week.

118516[/snapback]

How sure; why "almost" as opposed to just certain?

Yes, I want to waste some more money. :D

118611[/snapback]

118628[/snapback]

If the new man(ager) took charge of the last two games, he would need to win them convincingly. Let's say he lost them both, not much confidence going into the new season from the fans. Best to start a fresh, then there's no excuses, and he can really get to know the players in a pre-season. Pretty much a luxury to have a pre-season for a new manager of Newcastle United Sport Club, tbh.

118643[/snapback]

True. IMO the main reason why FS hasn’t revealed the identity of the new manager is because Glenn Roeder is doing so well and we still got a chance of qualifying for Europe. A new manager wouldn’t make a difference at this stage.

Bolton: 48 pts

Chelsea (h)

WBA (a)

Charlton(h)

Tottenham (a)

Birmingham (h)

*Middlesbrough (h)

Wigan: 48 pts

Newcastle (a)

Aston Villa (h)

Fulham (a)

Portsmouth (h)

Arsenal (a)

West Ham: 46 pts

Man City (h)

Middlesbrough (a)

Liverpool (h)

WBA (a)

Tottenham (h)

Newcastle: 45 pts

Wigan (h)

Mackems (a)

WBA (h)

Birmingham (a)

Chelsea (h)

Everton: 45 pts

Tottenham (h)

Chelsea (a)

Birmingham (h)

Middlesbrough (a)

WBA (h)

Charlton: 44 pts

Fulham (a)

Portsmouth (h)

Bolton (a)

Blackburn (h)

Manchester United (a)

118611[/snapback]

118628[/snapback]

I agree with this, it would give the new man a couple of games to asses the squad before the summer break and the World Cup.

I wouldnt want a new manager only seeing players for the first time in training after the world cup, I dont think that gives him enough time to plan for next season.

• 3 years later...