People walking into glass doors/windows

Lou

In Melbourne a couple of months ago, I went through a period of about a week where I repeatedly saw people walk into windows and glass doors. It was fantastically amusing.

The best was when there was this little toddler kid running around and around, it's parents had very little control of it, and it kept almost running into the road when they weren't looking.

But then one time it ran the other way, and ran SMACK BANG into a shop window.

SO hard.

I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

Just thought I'd share :o

Sounds hilarious. I love watching the people who regularly come into my office and when they turn top leave end up smacking into the door since for some reason they always seem to think it opens out.

It's bad when the person in front of you does it and you then have to follow them down the street, trying your best not to laugh out loud.

One time (different topic of amusement) the guy in front of me had a closed umbrella that he was swinging with every step, like a cane. But after one step, when he went to swing it forwards again, he accidently let go and dropped it.

Now, I'm easily amused, so I burst out laughing at this without thinking (I was listening to music too, so didn't think about how loud I was being!) .... he wasn't best pleased by my reaction!

Moral of the story - don't laugh blatantly in strangers' faces.

We used to have a stereo cabinet with a glass door. One day it was open and our cat comes flying into the house at full pelt having been startled by something outside. Anyway, she keeps running until.....BANG....straight into the glass door. It was like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. :drinks:

I must be the only person who doesn't find this sort of thing remotely funny!

It scares the shit out of me when people do this sort of thing when I consider the possible consequenses.

I can see why people do think it funny, it's just in my nature to be a bit of an accident preventer at heart I reckon.

I must be the only person who doesn't find this sort of thing remotely funny!

It scares the shit out of me when people do this sort of thing when I consider the possible consequenses.

I can see why people do think it funny, it's just in my nature to be a bit of an accident preventer at heart I reckon.

9204[/snapback]

:drinks:

:P

Well then, you're missing out on a treat.

Then again, it's still not QUITE as funny as the time t'other week when my friend Will effectively maced himself with silly string because he didn't realise the spray of the can was pointed at his face..... he pressed the nozzle in self defence, to ward off my other friend who was trying to steal it, and instead it sprayed right in his face.

I don't think I've stopped laughing yet.

(I'm also aware that it's the kind of thing you have to actually SEE to find quite so hilarious... but still...)

Well then, you're missing out on a treat.

Then again, it's still not QUITE as funny as the time t'other week when my friend Will effectively maced himself with silly string because he didn't realise the spray of the can was pointed at his face..... he pressed the nozzle in self defence, to ward off my other friend who was trying to steal it, and instead it sprayed right in his face.

I don't think I've stopped laughing yet.

(I'm also aware that it's the kind of thing you have to actually SEE to find quite so hilarious... but still...)

9249[/snapback]

Keraazee!

Remember this lad doing it one time in a pub. Walked straight into a full length window and afterwards there was a mark left on the glass by his squashed face.

Only his pride was hurt though so everyone could have a laugh

It's the whole "you've been framed" thing. Ooh look, someone has just fallen off a 40 foot ladder onto their head, that's hilarious  :drinks:

9265[/snapback]

Or 'Just for Laughs'. I think that programme plumbed new depths. Even for ITV Saturday tea time.

We used to have a stereo cabinet with a glass door. One day it was open and our cat comes flying into the house at full pelt having been startled by something outside. Anyway, she keeps running until.....BANG....straight into the glass door. It was like a Tom and Jerry cartoon.  :drinks:

9200[/snapback]

We used to have a cat that kept doing that with the patio doors. I don't know which was funniest- the 'DOING!!!' noise it made or the dazed and confused expression on the cats face, you could almost see the stars going round her head. :P

When i was about 14 we were once wagging it from school and decided that Eldon Square would be a good venue to spend the day. Anyway one thing led to another and we soon had the security guards after us so we decided to do a runner out the doors becide Old Eldon Sq only one of my mates decided to try and run through the pane of glass next to the glass door, he hit it that hard he knocked his front tooth out and put a hairline crack in the glass, hence he got caught and the rest of us ran away pissing ourselves.

He reckons it absolutely knacked of which i don't doubt for one minute.

Can't stop laughing to myself now and it was 16 years ago :P:drinks:

It's the whole "you've been framed" thing. Ooh look, someone has just fallen off a 40 foot ladder onto their head, that's hilarious  :drinks:

9265[/snapback]

Or 'Just for Laughs'. I think that programme plumbed new depths. Even for ITV Saturday tea time.

9274[/snapback]

Was on BBC actually. :P

Yeah, those TV shows suck.

When you see it happen though...... ahhh... still laughing at that little 2yr old kid doing it right now....... good times, good times.....

Gol, so I guess you don't see the amusement in skiers crashing either?? C'mon... that's FUNNY!!!.... (unless they get very injured)

I love 'You've Been Framed' type shows! :drinks:

I know it's cruel but the ones where people fall off ladders etc always cracks me up. Unless they really hurt themselves then I feel uncomfortable.

Like the backyard wrestling clip I have (I wont post it) where some twat piledrives another off a roof. :P Idiot.

not really funny cos it's the same tired old cliches and half of them seem staged.

"oh ho ho, I'm walking back from the camera, waving with a big dumb grin on my face... I can't see that strategically placed swimming pool and I'm so sure I won't get wet I'm wearing a thin white t-shirt... oh wait.. whats this? I'm falling into the pool and now I'll get £250 for letting the nation see me act like a twat and get my wet norks out on tv!"

not really funny cos it's the same tired old cliches and half of them seem staged.

"oh ho ho, I'm walking back from the camera, waving with a big dumb grin on my face... I can't see that strategically placed swimming pool and I'm so sure I won't get wet I'm wearing a thin white t-shirt... oh wait.. whats this? I'm falling into the pool and now I'll get £250 for letting the nation see me act like a twat and get my wet norks out on tv!"

9583[/snapback]

There was one where the camera person went:

"HAHAHA THAT'S GOING ON YOU'VE BEEN FRAMED!"

Bit suspicious like :drinks:

9583[/snapback]

Every cloud has a silver lining! :drinks:

9265[/snapback]

9274[/snapback]

Was on BBC actually. :P

9518[/snapback]

Hey, I've only seen it once, dreadful though isn't it?

Yeah, those TV shows suck.

When you see it happen though...... ahhh... still laughing at that little 2yr old kid doing it right now.......  good times, good times.....

Gol, so I guess you don't see the amusement in skiers crashing either?? C'mon... that's FUNNY!!!.... (unless they get very injured)

9537[/snapback]

Almost as funny as watching car crashes eh :drinks: