The Demon Drink

spongebob toonpants

Kronenbourg and Stella are both just hangovers waiting to happen.  Must be the chemicals or something.

119841[/snapback]

Tis the nitrogen.

119851[/snapback]

Have you made that up? ;) I'm clueless about stuff like that, so would be very easy to make a mug of. :blink:

119870[/snapback]

Nah, it's true, I think. There's nitrogen in lots of ales too. Isn't a widget just a plug of pressurised nitrogen in the bottom of a can?

119879[/snapback]

Here's how a widget works.

Widget skills

The barley used to make beers and lagers gets a lot of nitrogen to yield a better crop, with the barley used for beer generally getting a lot less nitogen. Nitrogen is also used to pressurise cans of smooth beer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on the Bud again.

Celebrating the fact I got 2 game worn NHL jerseys for £140  :(

Richard Mulhern and Petri Skriko  :(

119702[/snapback]

Maybe when you're a bit older you'll realise that Bud is weak, tasteless pisswater. ;)

119715[/snapback]

The Czech bud silly. Which isn't beer-flavoured water unlike the yank one. :blush:

119889[/snapback]

Ahh right, the one that no one apart from you calls Bud, you mean? :blink:

Back on the Bud again.

Richard Mulhern and Petri Skriko  :(

119702[/snapback]

Maybe when you're a bit older you'll realise that Bud is weak, tasteless pisswater. ;)

119715[/snapback]

The Czech bud silly. Which isn't beer-flavoured water unlike the yank one. :blush:

119889[/snapback]

119897[/snapback]

Budvar, perhaps.

My mate just got back from the States and was completely aghast at the strength of the beer over there.

To be fair to most UK beer is absolutely shite too.

119903[/snapback]

Was up in Edinburgh at the weekend and I have to say most of the beer up there was better than ours. Had some terrifically random pints in the Guildford Arms, and the Kenilworth

119903[/snapback]

Was up in Edinburgh at the weekend and I have to say most of the beer up there was better than ours. Had some terrifically random pints in the Guildford Arms, and the Kenilworth

119905[/snapback]

Stuff from small breweries is usually the best like, I've even had nice American and Australian stuff before. Mass produced stuff is rubbish though. I don't know what the big breweries do to stuff here though. If you get 'proper' i.e. imported bottles of Stella it tastes a canny bit nicer than the UK stuff, even though the ingredients are meant to be the same. Also, K1664 is lovely in France and pretty bland over here.

119903[/snapback]

119905[/snapback]

Stuff from small breweries is usually the best like, I've even had nice American and Australian stuff before. Mass produced stuff is rubbish though. I don't know what the big breweries do to stuff here though. If you get 'proper' i.e. imported bottles of Stella it tastes a canny bit nicer than the UK stuff, even though the ingredients are meant to be the same. Also, K1664 is lovely in France and pretty bland over here.

119911[/snapback]

Probably due to the versions over here being brewed under license by over big breweries and therefore some of the individuality is lost. It's amazing how very small changes in the process, such as differently sourced ingredients, can make canny substantial differences in the end product

Back on the Bud again.

Richard Mulhern and Petri Skriko  :blush:

119702[/snapback]

119715[/snapback]

119889[/snapback]

119897[/snapback]

It's still Budweiser just tastes nicer than the american one :blush:

I also import Desperados because I love the stuff! :blush: Can't get it in the UK, at least not yet. :blush:

Was down the club today and ordered a Guiness. :blush: Didn't really go with spaghetti neapolitan though. :(

It's still Budweiser just tastes nicer than the american one  :blush:

I also import Desperados because I love the stuff!  :blush: Can't get it in the UK, at least not yet.  :(

Was down the club today and ordered a Guiness.  :( Didn't really go with spaghetti neapolitan though.  :blink:

120213[/snapback]

Forgive me if I don't take drinking advice from someone who sleeps under a Simpsons duvet cover. ;)

It's still Budweiser just tastes nicer than the american one  :blush:

I also import Desperados because I love the stuff!  :blush: Can't get it in the UK, at least not yet.  :(

Was down the club today and ordered a Guiness.  :( Didn't really go with spaghetti neapolitan though.  :blink:

120213[/snapback]

Forgive me if I don't take drinking advice from someone who sleeps under a Simpsons duvet cover. ;)

120298[/snapback]

In my defense, it's either (fake) Simpsons or Mickey Mouse. :blush:

The problem with most mass produced beer is they can't (don't) take the time to ferment it correctly before bottling, so therefore they use to much yeast and preservative so it can ferment in the bottles on the way to the retailer.

It's more about maintaining the volume of output.

The best example here is at Christmas, the mass produced beers are even worse because they are just pumping it out in order to maintain production when they close for the holiday period. Then to make matters worse, it is always the last product produced to be the first on the shleves.

Give me an Erdinger anyday.

• 1 month later...

I switched from drinking predominantly lager to predominantly spirits about two months ago, I don't feel so bloated and I really enjoy the occasional Red Stripe with a rented DVD.

plus I don't think you need spend as much when drinking spirits when you're out, because although they cost say £3 for a double, you don't drink it half as fast as you throw back lager.

if I'm sat watching the match, at a BBQ or watching a dvd... it's hard to bring myself to ditch the can and pick up a short glass.

I switched from drinking predominantly lager to predominantly spirits about two months ago, I don't feel so bloated and I really enjoy the occasional Red Stripe with a rented DVD.

plus I don't think you need spend as much when drinking spirits when you're out, because although they cost say £3 for a double, you don't drink it half as fast as you throw back lager.

if I'm sat watching the match, at a BBQ or watching a dvd... it's hard to bring myself to ditch the can and pick up a short glass.

139470[/snapback]

What do you do like, just sip it? :icon_lol:

139470[/snapback]

139477[/snapback]

If I'm paying 3.80 in the town for a jack damn sure I would sip it !!! ;)

course I sip it, you don't chug it down your throat.

My current favourites are, in no particular order.

Absolut Kurant

Courvoisier

Laphroaig

you need to savour it.

139470[/snapback]

139477[/snapback]

I always found it impossible to take my time whilst drinking spirits. Was a right pain in the arse when in a round with someone drinking pints. Heres you two or three drinks and your vodkas gone and they are still standing with 3/4 pint left.

Those days are gone though, still tee-total.