Nigerian claims toon interest

Emre

Nigerian starlet Isaac Promise has claimed that he has been offered a move to The Premiership with Newcastle United.

The 19-year-old is one of the most highly-rated young players to emerge from African in recent seasons.

He is compared by many to John-Obi Mikel, who Chelsea and Manchester United continue to battle over.

Promise himself almost joined Manchester United some years ago after impressing on trial at Old Trafford - at the same time as Obi Mikel, but the deal failed to materialise.

He also trained with Sporting Lisbon and held talks with Auxerre and Feyenoord, before he surprisingly moved from Grays International in his homeland to Turkish outfit Genclerbirligi.

However, less than a year into his stay in Turkey - he is already being linked with a move, and Promise's says he has been offered the chance to join Newcastle and Paris Saint Germain.

"Two different agents whose identity I don't want to disclose yet have come to me with the idea of joining Newcastle United of England and Paris Saint Germain of France, but I have not given them my consent to arrange the deal," Promise revealed.

"I want to take things easy as I have already prayed to God to lead me to his own preferred club where my football will blossom.

Promise insists that he is eager to avoid to the problems that have arisen for his friend and team-mate Mikel.

"Many agents are struggling to manage me and also get a good club for me because they know that I am agent free," Promise told Kick-Off of Nigeria.

Again managerless its hard to believe but anyone know anything about him?

Again managerless its hard to believe but anyone know anything about him?

119109[/snapback]

If you don't believe the stories about our Chairman having a bigger input than he should have over who come and who goes. If the agent involved is Willie McKay, then I smell a rather fisshy ratty pungent.

"I want to take things easy as I have already prayed to God to lead me to his own preferred club where my football will blossom.

119109[/snapback]

Well then he won't be coming here... :D

God supports Real Madrid.

Sign him!

We have a small enough squad as it is and he won't exactly cost much.

119241[/snapback]

If the justification for signing players is that we simply have a small squad and he won't cost much, perhaps we should look to Ali Dia as well? ;)

The 19-year-old is one of the most highly-rated young players to emerge from African in recent seasons.

He is compared by many to John-Obi Mikel, who Chelsea and Manchester United continue to battle over.

Enough said tbh.

When was Ali Dia highly rated?

Enough said tbh.

119572[/snapback]

You didn't, but your argument was that he was cheap and we had a small squad. On that basis there'd be a few on here that could make up the numbers.

If you're saying that the "many" who rate him along with the likes of Mikel (who hasn't achieved anything yet) are right, then that's a different argument.

Enough said tbh.

119572[/snapback]

You didn't, but your argument was that he was cheap and we had a small squad. On that basis there'd be a few on here that could make up the numbers.

If you're saying that the "many" who rate him along with the likes of Mikel (who hasn't achieved anything yet) are right, then that's a different argument.

119581[/snapback]

My point exactly... ;)

Enough said tbh.

119572[/snapback]

Has anyone actually heard of him, before his agent claimed that?