Jerry Springer the opera

Renton

I've just bought some tickets to see this in the Theatre Royal. I don't have a clue what it's about apart from some goodish reviews - any opinions?

Also going to see Edward Scissor hands the ballet next week there. The tickets were a gift but Jesus wept! How's he going to catch her?

Dead cultured me like. :D

Saw a bit of it on Channel 4 when it was on. Not my cup of char tbh.

119175[/snapback]

I'm kind of hoping it will be grossly offensive to christians tbh. Also, I quite liked the Jerry Springer show when it first came out. :D

Saw a bit of it on Channel 4 when it was on. Not my cup of char tbh.

119175[/snapback]

I'm kind of hoping it will be grossly offensive to christians tbh. Also, I quite liked the Jerry Springer show when it first came out. :D

119180[/snapback]

It was good when it first came out. Btw, doesen't it have Jesus in claiming to be gay or something. There was a bit of a ho-har when it was on telly.

Interstingly, you'll have to get through a protest to get in. Loads of christian fundamentalists are kicking off about it and are going to be standing outside waving placards and quoting lots of contradictary passages. I saw it on C4, thought it was ok, nowt special. However, seeing as it pissed off so many crazy christians I give it a big thumbs up.

Interstingly, you'll have to get through a protest to get in. Loads of christian fundamentalists are kicking off about it and are going to be standing outside waving placards and quoting lots of contradictary passages. I saw it on C4, thought it was ok, nowt special. However, seeing as it pissed off so many crazy christians I give it a big thumbs up.

119204[/snapback]

Ha. Excellent, just what I'm hoping for. This is one picket line I don't mind crossing! :D

Correctio; it wasn't on C4, it was on BBC2 iirc. That's why there was so much trouble when it was on, not the usual kind of thing the Beeb would show, one of the few good things they've done not bowing to the pressure.

Correctio; it wasn't on C4, it was on BBC2 iirc. That's why there was so much trouble when it was on, not the usual kind of thing the Beeb would show, one of the few good things they've done not bowing to the pressure.

119235[/snapback]

You're right it was on the beeb, hence the kafuffle.

I've just had a fantastic idea for a musical that can offend all faiths - South Park, the musical! It could be excellent, with such classics as shut your fucking mouth uncle fucker etc. And have that bit with the Jehovah's being "right".

Where do I collect my royalties?

119235[/snapback]

You're right it was on the beeb, hence the kafuffle.

119247[/snapback]

David Walliams' soopfan tbh. :D

David Walliams anti-fan tbh. Matt Lucas is quite funny though, sometimes.

119263[/snapback]

ALexa who was fired from the apprentice is his cousin apperently. So much for genetics and apologies if you have no idea what I'm whittering on about. :D

119263[/snapback]

ALexa who was fired from the apprentice is his cousin apperently. So much for genetics and apologies if you have no idea what I'm whittering on about. :D

119266[/snapback]

I haven't watched it. Although Alan Sugar is quite entertaining normally.

Jerry's final thought was always shit.

119542[/snapback]

Most of the ones leading up to it left a lot to be desired tbh.

119263[/snapback]

Going to see Little Britain live on Thursday. Bought the tickets in like October when I thought it was class, sadly 6 months later i'm bored of it ;) Gonna be a fun night...

119263[/snapback]

Going to see Little Britain live on Thursday. Bought the tickets in like October when I thought it was class, sadly 6 months later i'm bored of it ;) Gonna be a fun night...

119703[/snapback]

Went to see it in Newcastle. It's good actually, you'll probably still enjoy it. Are you taking someone to explain the jokes though? :blink:

119263[/snapback]

119703[/snapback]

Went to see it in Newcastle. It's good actually, you'll probably still enjoy it. Are you taking someone to explain the jokes though? :blink:

120002[/snapback]

She's even thicker than me :(

119263[/snapback]

119703[/snapback]

120002[/snapback]

120043[/snapback]

Scope night out?

:(

119263[/snapback]

119703[/snapback]

Went to see it in Newcastle. It's good actually, you'll probably still enjoy it. Are you taking someone to explain the jokes though? :(

120002[/snapback]

120043[/snapback]

Scope night out?

:blush:

120048[/snapback]

:blink:

Can't even think of a comeback to challenge that one!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I went to this on Friday and thought it was pretty funny really. A bit puerile in places but that's kind of the point. It reminded me a bit of the musical in the producers - especially the tap dancing Klu Klux Klan. But if you take it in the spirit it is intended no way is it offensive. It's amazing that most of these bible bashers that were picketing it have probably never seen it - they got a big fuck off from me on my way in.