Internet Exploder 7

Holden McGroin

Anyone tried it, yet?

So far. OMR (Official McGroin Rating) = gash.

119604[/snapback]

it would have to be stunningly brilliant to get me to move from Firefox

Been using the beta versions of MSN and hotmail for a few weeks and I've been impressed.

Just took the preview tour of Internet Explorer 7, how desperate ! they have taken all the best features from Firefox, bollocks to that.

IE7 contains basically all the functionality developed for Firefox & Opera which Microsoft incidentally said would never catch on...

Simple fact that the world is threatening so Microsoft up the ante. It's on a par with the current versions of Firefox & Opera but no better and no worse...

IE7 contains basically all the functionality developed for Firefox & Opera which Microsoft incidentally said would never catch on...

Simple fact that the world is threatening so Microsoft up the ante. It's on a par with the current versions of Firefox & Opera but no better and no worse...

119650[/snapback]

Plus full of OBVIOUS bugs....atm.

Some crappy features as well. Especially the favourites menu.

Edited by Holden McGroin

Indeed...

But as you've pointed out at the top of the thread, it's still in BETA phase. Been testing it for about 6 months at work and already configuring it to be encorporated within our standard builds.

Sadly, having an enterprise agreement with Microsoft means that we're never likely to certify anything but IE as the official browser..

I used to say i'd never switch to Firefox ... well absolutely love it now. I'm never switching back  ;)

119664[/snapback]

forgive my ignorance but what's so good about firefox? Pros and cons?

120183[/snapback]

lets see...

Pros:

- Tabbed browsing of course

- boomark management

- Seems to run faster, as if the whole software was lighter on the system

- loads pages faster too

- It's just very very customizable (skins, search bar sites, popup settings, extensions you can download)

- very user friendly

Cons:

The only one I can think of, is the downloads manager, can be a bit slow, in terms of loading itself I mean.

I used to say i'd never switch to Firefox ... well absolutely love it now. I'm never switching back  ;)

119664[/snapback]

forgive my ignorance but what's so good about firefox? Pros and cons?

120183[/snapback]

lets see...

Pros:

- Tabbed browsing of course

- boomark management

- Seems to run faster, as if the whole software was lighter on the system

- loads pages faster too

- It's just very very customizable (skins, search bar sites, popup settings, extensions you can download)

- very user friendly

Cons:

The only one I can think of, is the downloads manager, can be a bit slow, in terms of loading itself I mean.

120186[/snapback]

well if you put it like that i'd be a fool not to try it! Any upgrades/ downloads I should install from the off?

To be fair, all of the points Matt has pointed out are available with Opera as well (who still claim to be the faster browser available)...

Where Firefox took web-surfing to a new level IMO was with the RSS feeds.