Tommy Docherty

snakehips

What does this focker know about football, eh?

I mean, he was on Talksport this morning and predicted Souness would be the first sacking of the season!

9214[/snapback]

Sounds like he knows what he's on about to me.

I mean, he was on Talksport this morning and predicted Souness would be the first sacking of the season!

9214[/snapback]

9215[/snapback]

Sounds like hes never heard of Fat Fred and his love of inept managers.

9214[/snapback]

9215[/snapback]

9220[/snapback]

Aren't you forgetting his love of sacking managers about 5 games in?

9214[/snapback]

9215[/snapback]

9220[/snapback]

Aren't you forgetting his love of sacking managers about 5 games in?

9223[/snapback]

I was and at odds of 7/2 I reckon we could be onto a winner there like.

9214[/snapback]

pretty good was Tommy Doc, called it the way he saw it. Hope he's right, shame there's no chance of Fat Fred taking his advice, doing it now, and giving someone new a few weeks to make a good buy of a proper quality footballer to play up front.

There's never a bad time to bring in the right manager. I hope that Shepherd is looking around now for his replacement and learned from his blinkered errors of the past.

9214[/snapback]

pretty good was Tommy Doc, called it the way he saw it. Hope he's right, shame there's no chance of Fat Fred taking his advice, doing it now, and giving someone new a few weeks to make a good buy of a proper quality footballer to play up front.

There's never a bad time to bring in the right manager. I hope that Shepherd is looking around now for his replacement and learned from his blinkered errors of the past.

9230[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more.

People seem to have forgotton that FS brought in Robson a few weeks into a new season and it worked. That's because Robson was the right man, he was a good manager.

Bringing in Souness after a few weeks hasn't worked because Souness is a shite manager. Simple as that. Sacking him at any time is fine as long as the right man takes over.

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Why are you wanting souness to leave exactly?

I admit i was a crittic at first and possibly after last season i would have agreed with you but it is not the case when he gets to bring in his players that he thinks will improve the team and in my opinion will!

due to souness starting a bit later last season he was not giving the oppotunity to buy his own players and mold the team! When he finally gets a chance to prove himself without all the injuries are team actually gets i believe he will get it right.

At the moment he has got rid of the crap and replaced them with some quality signings and for future signings he is looking in the right places to get the quality that the toon need and that we haven't had before.

if we do sign any off these: coco, owen, anelka and/or boa morte i would like to think souness has done a really good job over summer.

So get off his case man! give him a proper chance!

I admit i was a crittic at first and possibly after last season i would have agreed with you but it is not the case when he gets to bring in his players that he thinks will improve the team and in my opinion will!

due to souness starting a bit later last season he was not giving the oppotunity to buy his own players and mold the team! When he finally gets a chance to prove himself without all the injuries are team actually gets i believe he will get it right.

At the moment he has got rid of the crap and replaced them with some quality signings and for future signings he is looking in the right places to get the quality that the toon need and that we haven't had before.

if we do sign any off these: coco, owen, anelka and/or boa morte i would like to think souness has done a really good job over summer.

9244[/snapback]

My god, that is quite scary, apart from two good signings Souness has showed total ineptness in both his tactics and man management skills, nothing so far has said to me that we will finish much higher than last year.

You are saying Souness is doing a good job on the back of signings that have not even materialised, we are very close to the end of the transfer window and I can't work out where your confidence comes from that half of these signings will actually come about!

9244[/snapback]

I base my opinions on the performance of the team under Souness and the squad we currently have. If either/both of these improve dramatically, I'll be prepared to give him a(nother) chance. That's a big fucking 'if' though, a bit like the signings you mention.

You have to look at the players he falls out with though and realise he is a manager brave enough to stand up to these cocks aka bellamy so he may act a bit ott but isn't that why fs recruited souness to sort out our team and get rid of the chaff!

I'm not too happy with his signings either. He bought Babayaro and Faye in January just to replace them with Coco and Parker just a half year later.

He named just 3 strikers and hasn't got a clue who else could do a job for us upfront. If we fail to land either Anelka or Owen, which is quite likely we will end with what we already have. And that's because he hasn't got an eye for a player.

You have to look at the players he falls out with though and realise he is a manager brave enough to stand up to these cocks aka bellamy so he may act a bit ott but isn't that why fs recruited souness to sort out our team and get rid of the chaff!

9262[/snapback]

I think you're on shakey ground there mate. Souness has fallen out with loads of players thourghout his mangerial career. Usually, as in the case of Bellamy, this has been to the detriment of the club he was in charge of. I'm not suggesting Bellamy isn't a little shit, but the whole thing was handled very badly in my view.

what about boumsong and emre?

9272[/snapback]

I like Boumsong and Emre also looks promising. I don't want to say that all of his signings are rubbish, but the guy is a bit one dimensional imho. It's not a rocket science to name Owen as our new successor, but I'm sure that we could find some decent strikers in the foreign leagues who could do a job. It's always a gamble, I know, but a good manager could find his men.

It's all the same on the pitch too. Our current squad is only capable to play 443 or 451, and if it doesn't work, Souness will be unable to change his tactics, because our team is unbalanced. We are full of central midfielders, but don't have wingers to play 442.

9262[/snapback]

>>> sigh <<<<

9262[/snapback]

>>> sigh <<<<

9483[/snapback]

Bigger SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ------------------NO.

That may have been one of his many tasks but that is not the only thing on his Job Description. He was brought in to manage a football club, not demolish it.

Crawford which planet are you on? just take a look at Sourness' managerial track record, and apart from his spell in Turkey, he has fallen out with players and got shot of 'em in almost every club.

How many days until the start of the season? Shearer is doubtful and Ameobi is banned, do we have a forward to chose from? The simple answer is we have one in the name of Rocky Chopra with a few hopefuls in Dyer and Milner.

Now I ask you Crawford, who put himself in that position? A bad manager that is who, he has left himself and the club wide open to problems. Now tell me again why he should be given a chance, just on the back of 2 maybe 3 good signings, is that all we need.

How many more will want to be away and how difficult do you think it is to sign players for NUFC?

all iam saying is the jury is still out on souness!

also is everyone anti souness on this board there was at least a few souness supporters (use the term lightly) on the previous board!

9584[/snapback]

it's done dusted and closed dearie. Most of us closed it the day he arrived. You could call it looking at his track record.

Are you a dreamer ? Do you hallucinate regularly ? Because for the life of me I can't see how you think Souness is ever going to improve on the 5th position in the league that we were when he came, as that is what he was hired for.