Putting up a dart board....

Smooth Operator

Want to put a dart board up in the garage so I don't have to sit and watch a load of shite property programmes all night long.

I've got the board a few screws and brackets and I know the bull has to be 5 foot 9 & 3/4 inches from the floor.

How far do you have to be from the board when throwing your arrows? Is it 8 foot or something?

In the standard game, the dart board is hung so that the bullseye is 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) from the floor, and the oche (pronounced 'ock-ey'), or throwing line behind which the player must stand, is 7 ft 9.25 in (2.37 m) from the face of the board, though a few British pubs set it at 8 ft (2.44 m) or 8 ft 6 in (2.59 m). For casual play, it is not uncommon to find the oche somewhat further or closer than the tournament standard, either due to rounding of the specified distance (to 7.5 or 8 feet), or just due to measurement error (such as measuring from the wall, rather than using a plumb line to measure from the board face).

That's just off the top of me head.

Did you not get one of those mats with the dartboard that measures out the official distance? I had one in the bedroom when I was a kid but it fell off in spectacualr style and took a canny bit of the wall with it. My faffa went scatty, mumbling that it wasn't going back up as he tried in vain to Polyfill the huge hole in the wall. ;)

In the standard game, the dart board is hung so that the bullseye is 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) from the floor, and the oche (pronounced 'ock-ey'), or throwing line behind which the player must stand, is 7 ft 9.25 in (2.37 m) from the face of the board, though a few British pubs set it at 8 ft (2.44 m) or 8 ft 6 in (2.59 m). For casual play, it is not uncommon to find the oche somewhat further or closer than the tournament standard, either due to rounding of the specified distance (to 7.5 or 8 feet), or just due to measurement error (such as measuring from the wall, rather than using a plumb line to measure from the board face).

That's just off the top of me head.

119740[/snapback]

Your copy and paste skills are still as good as ever I see. ;)

Edited by Smooth Operator

Did you not get one of those mats with the dartboard that measures out the official distance? I had one in the bedroom when I was a kid but it fell off in spectacualr style and took a canny bit of the wall with it. My faffa went scatty, mumbling that it wasn't going back up as he tried in vain to Polyfill the huge hole in the wall.  ;)

119742[/snapback]

I'd like to see SMO put a dart board up tbh, bet he's a right kack-handed fuckwit. Reckon his missus'll end up doing it for him, while he sits there watching house programmes and texting pictures of his cock.

Did you not get one of those mats with the dartboard that measures out the official distance? I had one in the bedroom when I was a kid but it fell off in spectacualr style and took a canny bit of the wall with it. My faffa went scatty, mumbling that it wasn't going back up as he tried in vain to Polyfill the huge hole in the wall.  ;)

119742[/snapback]

I'd like to see SMO put a dart board up tbh, bet he's a right kack-handed fuckwit. Reckon his missus'll end up doing it for him, while he sits there watching house programmes and texting pictures of his cock.

119753[/snapback]

I'll have you know I put a curtain pole up at the weekend, well my fatha did.

I don't like to involve myself in such menial tasks tbh.

119742[/snapback]

119753[/snapback]

I'll have you know I put a curtain pole up at the weekend, well my fatha did.

I don't like to involve myself in such menial tasks tbh.

119816[/snapback]

that has to be a euphemism!

Want to put a dart board up in the garage so I don't have to sit and watch a load of shite property programmes all night long.

I've got the board a few screws and brackets and I know the bull has to be 5 foot 9 & 3/4 inches from the floor.

How far do you have to be from the board when throwing your arrows? Is it 8 foot or something?

119738[/snapback]

Under the thumb.

119738[/snapback]

Under the thumb.

119833[/snapback]

Fucking tragic tbh.

119738[/snapback]

Under the thumb.

119833[/snapback]

Fucking tragic tbh.

119844[/snapback]

trent? kettle? pot? black? ;)

119738[/snapback]

Under the thumb.

119833[/snapback]

Fucking tragic tbh.

119844[/snapback]

trent? kettle? pot? black? ;)

120149[/snapback]

pot brown tbh

Well have you, if so get on your bike and come and put the fucka up for me, then we can play darts and drink beer in the garage like real men.

120473[/snapback]

Wacky'll need a cannon to hit a dart board from 8 feet tbh.

Well have you, if so get on your bike and come and put the fucka up for me, then we can play darts and drink beer in the garage like real men.

120473[/snapback]

Wacky'll need a cannon to hit a dart board from 8 feet tbh.

120486[/snapback]

I was gonna set up a platform for him to use from about 2 foot away. Was gonna let him start from 201 instead of 501 too. It's only fair like.

Waits of phone ringing............have you got a drill?

120172[/snapback]

120473[/snapback]

If I play darts, which i have to say isn't very often these days, it will be in the comfort of a mens working club or a boozer, not some freezing garage where i can hardly throw my arrows due to having frostbite on hands and feet.

Just ask her if you can go out!

120172[/snapback]

120473[/snapback]

If I play darts, which i have to say isn't very often these days, it will be in the comfort of a mens working club or a boozer, not some freezing garage where i can hardly throw my arrows due to having frostbite on hands and feet.

120615[/snapback]

What's having frost bite on your feet got to do with dart throwing technique.

120172[/snapback]

120473[/snapback]

120615[/snapback]

120619[/snapback]

Balance you pric, chop a couple of your toes off and try going for a walk, preferably off a short pier :)

120172[/snapback]

120473[/snapback]

120615[/snapback]

120619[/snapback]

Balance you pric, chop a couple of your toes off and try going for a walk, preferably off a short pier :)

120621[/snapback]

Seeing as most darts players are as drunk as lords, I think balance is the least of your worries when it comes to being canny at the game.

120172[/snapback]

120473[/snapback]

120615[/snapback]

120619[/snapback]

120621[/snapback]

Seeing as most darts players are as drunk as lords, I think balance is the least of your worries when it comes to being canny at the game.

120623[/snapback]

When was the last time you seen a drunk pro darts player on the TV, living in the past tbh

120172[/snapback]

120473[/snapback]

120615[/snapback]

120619[/snapback]

120621[/snapback]

120623[/snapback]

When was the last time you seen a drunk pro darts player on the TV, living in the past tbh

120625[/snapback]

Sorry, didn't realise you two were taking on Phil the Power and Barnie in a game of doubles.