Setting Firefox as default browser

MattM4

I was trying to get all links displayed in MSN and Outlook to open in Firefox.

I managed to find that, but another issue has come up, everytime I launch Outlook Express it resets IE as the default browser... Why?

how do I prevent it from doing so?

cheers

I'd presume that you're gonna have to do a registry poke somewhere as I'm pretty certain that Outlook Express (a Microsoft rival) is not going to allow you to default your browser for hyperlink purposes to the biggest rival they've got.

I'll have a look and see what I can find! ;)

I'd presume that you're gonna have to do a registry poke somewhere as I'm pretty certain that Outlook Express (a Microsoft rival) is not going to allow you to default your browser for hyperlink purposes to the biggest rival they've got.

I'll have a look and see what I can find! ;)

120217[/snapback]

weird thing is ... once Outlook is open, I switch the default browser back to Firefox, and then it works. Links in emails open in the Fox.

If I close Outlook then reopen it again, it's switched it back to IE!

strange.

Ive never had this problem, I use Outlook Express and Firefox, I keep meaning to set Thunderbird up and do away with the OE but never get round to it.

One problem I do have in Firefox is I cant save Bookmarks, just wont happen.

strange.

Ive never had this problem, I use Outlook Express and Firefox, I keep meaning to set Thunderbird up and do away with the OE but never get round to it.

120796[/snapback]

I have that problem. When you want to bookmark something, go to Bookmarks on the bar at the top of fire fox and choose "Bookmark this page. Once you've done that a small pop up will appear like this:

a618927f.jpg

And choose the second "Bookmarks" option (the one thats highlighted in the picture above) and it will bookmark it :)

strange.

120796[/snapback]

I have that problem. When you want to bookmark something, go to Bookmarks on the bar at the top of fire fox and choose "Bookmark this page. Once you've done that a small pop up will appear like this:

a618927f.jpg

And choose the second "Bookmarks" option (the one thats highlighted in the picture above) and it will bookmark it :blush:

120807[/snapback]

whey ye bugger! not just a strange uername are you? :)