Interim Results

Gemmill

I wouldn't read too much into interim results because they're unaudited and there are limits on the disclosures you need to make so it's hard to get the full picture (it's hard to get the full picture even from a final set of accounts).

Looking at the cash flow though, the net decrease in cash has been £32m over the last 6 months, compared to £18m in the 6 months last year, and £9m for the last full financial year. Which doesn't look too clever to me. Obviously there's season ticket sales to come in at the end of the financial year, so we won't be looking at such a big decrease then, but it still doesn't look great for any summer spending we might want (and really need) to be doing. ;)

;)

The fact that we're still out scouting players does support this theory that we have some mystery benefactor (Northern Rock??) stumping up some cash for players in the summer.

120375[/snapback]

What fact is this?

Our dismal results have ensured we have lost out on much needed European funds, which has been confounded by Souness's signings which can be described as disastrous. Then there's the money we have had to spend to get rid of him, and then the money to replace him. We will likely be a mediocre club for years to come as a result of Souness's appointment.

And contrary to popular belief at N-O and by some on here, money doesn't grow on trees and big companies don't give it away unless they can somehow profit from it. The future's bleak tbh. Still, could have been a lot worse if Shepherd had kept Souness on, which is the only positive I can think of.

;)

The fact that we're still out scouting players does support this theory that we have some mystery benefactor (Northern Rock??) stumping up some cash for players in the summer.

120375[/snapback]

What fact is this?

Our dismal results have ensured we have lost out on much needed European funds, which has been confounded by Souness's signings which can be described as disastrous. Then there's the money we have had to spend to get rid of him, and then the money to replace him. We will likely be a mediocre club for years to come as a result of Souness's appointment.

And contrary to popular belief at N-O and by some on here, money doesn't grow on trees and big companies don't give it away unless they can somehow profit from it. The future's bleak tbh. Still, could have been a lot worse if Shepherd had kept Souness on, which is the only positive I can think of.

120387[/snapback]

To be fair to Gemmill, the 'fact' bit is the part about us continuing to scout strikers as a Shearer replacement, something Roeder has mentioned in his press conferences.

The bit about Northern Rock is the 'theory' (and the two question marks show that that isn't being stated as gospel, no?).

BTW, is it possible to tell from those results if Northern Rock paid anything towards Owen?

BTW, is it possible to tell from those results if Northern Rock paid anything towards Owen?

120389[/snapback]

Lad on N-O who's an accountant seems to think that the £17m overdraft might be a facility from NR to fund the Owen transfer. It makes sense and the amount is similar but it's really only a theory.

So, Robson get's a £2.1m pay out and I expect he'll get no flack for that. Souness will get something similar and be called a greedy bastid I expect. I'm not slagging Robson btw, I just find the fact we're going to end up paying over £4m in 18 months for two managers excessive. But that's a problem with the kind of contracts the club are offering and the general fuck ups the board have made.

So, are we taking a sweep on how much season tickets are going up?

120394[/snapback]

Has it not already been announced that season ticket prices have been frozen? Sure I read/heard about it somewhere ;)

120399[/snapback]

I've heard nowt, although if that's true then I'm certainly not complaining!

Hi all, just joined up. I'm a chartered accountant so if you have any questions on what any of the figures mean / relate to or where they come from I'll do my best to answer them for you (bearing in mind I have no insider information).

(btw I'm the poter on NO who suggested that the 17m overdraft is the Owen money)

Hi all, just joined up. I'm a chartered accountant so if you have any questions on what any of the figures mean / relate to or where they come from I'll do my best to answer them for you (bearing in mind I have no insider information).

(btw I'm the poter on NO who suggested that the 17m overdraft is the Owen money)

120407[/snapback]

Oi!  I'm the premier chartered accountant posting on this forum thank you very much! :)

120408[/snapback]

Only one way to settle this..... FIGHT!

That was last year wasn't it?  Can't see them staying the same this year.

120403[/snapback]

You could be right. Never had one so don't know the cost for the last few years. Hope I haven't given anybody false hopes!

Soon find out though.

Oi!  I'm the premier chartered accountant posting on this forum thank you very much! :)

120408[/snapback]

Well actually im an auditor by trade, 2nd in command ok with you? I'll make tea!

120415[/snapback]

If you'll do the photocopying too, we've got a deal!

I was in audit too but I escaped PwC a few years back for the relative joys of industry. I stress relative.

120407[/snapback]

120408[/snapback]

120419[/snapback]

2 Accountants fighting, PPV material definitely!

120407[/snapback]

120408[/snapback]

120419[/snapback]

2 Accountants fighting, PPV material definitely!

120424[/snapback]

homepix2.JPG

Choose your weapon tbh.