the next man in charge is

chester mag

I wouldnt imagine any muslim would like to play or be managed by a devout catholic "crusader".

120745[/snapback]

What the fuck are you on about?

120748[/snapback]

How muslims view catholics.

Emre would most likely be against a catholic manager, depending how muslim he is of course, but he did say his future at the club depends on the manager appointed.

As much shite as anyone else and I am not claiming anyone to actually be the next manager, it was just a big hint that stood out, without actually saying anything about managers linked.

I just saw it as a bit of a clue really.

Edited by k4t0

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt mind placing a bet myself if someone would pm me the name.

Scolari entered the list yesterday and has been slashed from 199/1 to 4/1 in th elast 24 hours ????

Ok I have my cash on.

Some have got the name right and yep the odds are dropping like a stone.

Ranieri is the name given to me last night.

So what if it aint right I lose some cash and a welsh man will lose some teeth

for the wind up.

But from what I know this is gen 100%.

maybe a daft question but what would the bookies pay out on if a pairing of Sven and Mancini came with Sven in a more DOF role and Mancini coach? I know its not likely but neither would be the manager in the traditional sense. Would they pay out on both?

Edited by luckypierre

Im a bit unsure of having him aswell, seems a risky choice given our position at the minute and I woul dprefer a manager who we have faith in from the start than one who may need to prove himself at Newcastle

Worth a tenner though

Managerial career

Campania, Cagliari

After coaching amateur side Vigor Lamezia, his first managerial position was at Campania, a small team in Pozzuoli, where he took charge in 1987. But it was at Cagliari that he made his name, getting them promoted to Serie A from the third national division Serie C1 in successive seasons.

Napoli

He moved to coach at Napoli for two seasons. Despite finishing in fourth place in Serie A, he won no silverware. He did, however, introduce Gianfranco Zola to the first team to replace Diego Maradona.

Fiorentina

He joined Fiorentina in 1993, gaining promotion from Serie B in his first season. He subsequently had success in Serie A, winning the Coppa Italia and SuperCoppa Italiana in 1996.

Valencia

He was the coach from 1997 to 1999 and guided Valencia to the UEFA Champions League and the Copa del Rey in 1997. In his first spell Ranieri left a popular man, and has since been credited for guiding Valencia onto subsequent successes in the Champions League and La Liga.

Atlético Madrid

Ranieri joined the club in 1999 but while manager at Atlético Madrid, the club went into administration. Nearing the brink of relegation Ranieri resigned before he could be sacked by the late Atletico chairman Jesus Gil, who was notorious for sacking managers.

Chelsea

As manager of Chelsea from September 2000 to 31 May 2004, he worked hard to overcome the language barrier. When he arrived at the London club he could barely speak English; fortunately, the club had few English players at the time, and many players who could speak Italian and as a result they could translate for him. Ranieri's first season comprised of inconsistent results, with Chelsea scraping into sixth place and an UEFA Cup spot.

Ranieri worked hard to rebuild the Chelsea squad in the summer of 2001, signing Frank Lampard, Emmanuel Petit, William Gallas, and Boudewijn Zenden for over £30million. Chelsea's league performance however did not improve much on the previous season, finishing 6th once again.

During the 2002-2003 season Ranieri was accused of over-rotating his squad, and picked up the nickname of the Tinkerman from the British media. Nevertheless Chelsea finished the season on a high, qualifying for the Champions League after beating Liverpool 2-1 on the last day of the season.

When Chelsea were taken over by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich in 2003, Ranieri was given a large transfer fund but also found his job under threat. Days after the takeover Abramovich was spotted meeting with England manager Sven Goran Eriksson, although the club denied Eriksson would be taking over at the time, these rumours would haunt Ranieri's season. Ranieri spent £120 million on players in the summer of 2003. These signings included Irish winger Damien Duff for a then club record £17million, English youngsters Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, Scott Parker and Glen Johnson, Argentine pair Juan Sebastian 'Seba' Veron and Hernan Crespo, veteran Frenchman Claude Makélélé and controversial Romanian star Adrian Mutu, who would be sacked 14 months later for testing positive for cocaine.

The heavy investment brought the best league placing for the club in 49 years, finishing runners-up in the Premiership to the first side to go an entire league season unbeaten in over a century (sufficient to automatically qualify Chelsea for the lucrative group phase of the Champions League) and reaching the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League. That season also saw Chelsea break some club records for the least number of goals conceded and highest number of points in a season. Ranieri himself explained that it was difficult to mould so many new players into a team within a season and that he was 'satisfied' with his work for the season. But it was not enough to satisfy many at the club, who expected actual success. His critics pointed to the manner in which Chelsea had gone out of the semi-finals of the Champions League, where some bizarre substitutions appeared to have cost Chelsea the game as they lost 3-1 to Monaco and eventually went out 5-3 on aggregate.

On May 31, 2004, after almost a year of speculation, he was finally relieved of his coaching duties at Chelsea, and his job went to the man of the moment, a certain José Mourinho, who had led unfashionable Porto of the Portuguese Superliga to successive European triumphs, picking up the UEFA Cup in 2003 and then its more glamorous cousin the Champions League in 2004, ironically beating Chelsea's conquerors in the semis, Monaco.

Ranieri published a book named Proud Man Walking in September 2004 chronicling his last year at Chelsea. All proceeds went to London's Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Valencia

On 8 June 2004, he returned for a second stint as coach of Valencia on a three-year contract.

Picking up the pieces after Rafael Benitez, the manager who had led Valencia to the UEFA Cup and La Liga double the previous season, resigned and then promptly joined Liverpool. Ranieri made a series of signings from Serie A, spending the cash on Marco Di Vaio, Stefano Fiore, Bernardo Corradi and Emiliano Moretti. These four signings never really worked, after a bright start, in which the Mestalla outfit picked up 14 out of a possible 18 points and beat Porto to lift the European Super Cup, Valencia went into a slump from October, winning once in 7 games and getting knocked out of the Champions League, in no small part thanks to a humiliating 5-1 drubbing by Inter in which midfielder Miguel Angulo was sent off for spitting. After a brief revival Valencia went another 6 games without a win from mid-January. Apart from his four Italian signings Ranieri was criticised for not playing Argentinean playmaker Pablo Aimar and persistent changes to formations and tactics, something carried forward by him from his Chelsea days.

He was sacked on February 25, 2005 after Valencia were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Steaua Bucharest. Valencia were sixth at the time of Ranieri's sacking.

Quique Flores was announced by Valencia in June, 2005 to be Ranieri's long term successor. Prior to that Ranieri had picked up £3million from Valencia for the premature termination of his contract.

I wouldnt imagine any muslim would like to play or be managed by a devout catholic "crusader".

120745[/snapback]

What the fuck are you on about?

120748[/snapback]

How muslims view catholics.

Emre would most likely be against a catholic manager, depending how muslim he is of course, but he did say his future at the club depends on the manager appointed.

120770[/snapback]

Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do Muslims view Catholics? As a Catholic myself I can't say that I've ever been treated any differently by Muslims.

they behead you if you die in battle well they did in the kingdom of heaven :)

i aslo think they go a bit heavy on the chilli sauce when they know your pissed but thats just my view.

Edited by chester mag

Some devout muslims may not want to work under a catholic manager.

In the extreme, some muslim fanatics might want to blow up buses and buildings.

Some even want to turn england into a muslim country.

now look up zionist crusaders on Google.... Catholics did it to them first, ancient history though.

Im not talking about how they treat catholics, merely an observation that it seemed emre didnt want to work for a catholic manager as he said he would wait to see who the new manager was before making plans over the summer.

Not racist or a dig at religion but down to personal choice. And Emre may have seen MON as a man with a major conflict of interests.

And it was just an observation, stop swinging your handbag about.

they behead you if you die in battle well they did in the kingdom of heaven :blush:

i aslo think they go a bit heavy on the chilli sauce when they know your pissed but thats just my view.

120811[/snapback]

As I told manc mag there is a tie up with some other info that came from another source who I can not name.

put the two together and its worth a tenner of anybodys money.

listen mate I can not say its goingto happen but I have a lot of faith in the two

people that have told me .

Any way if you dont have a go on it you wont lose anything but if you do then summer is paid for :)

Possibly the most ridiculous "observation" in recent history.  :o

120833[/snapback]

Nearly as bad as your advice. :blush:

I thought kt was pulling the piss, it is a pretty out there statement. :)

I've heard Emre described as a devout muslim before, I don't know how true that is, but I'd imagine he's had to make a few concessions for his career. He's certainly into a bit of divine retribution on the football field.

Is O'Neill really serious about his religion? Hadn't heard that before.

well after watching chester put them welsh six fingered freaks last night I nipped up to the village of our number ten for a few pints and to wind up the locals.

While i was in the pub a lad that is a pal of Mr owen made a beline over to me

to tell me a few bits of info.

he has told me to go to the bookies and get the 33-1 on the new man that he took that very day. I asked him if it was genuine and he told me that it came from Owen and all the players already know who the man is to be.

True or not am going to have a punt on it at the bookies tomorrow .

dont want to bang the name on here becaues there are some that will say yeh yeh yehh we know or thats bull. fair play look at the 30s odds and work it out yourselves.

I also was told and posted the fact that the day  Souness was chopped a certain man arrived in the evening for a chat at the club.

It happens that the same fella is the bloke mentioned to me last night.

Worth a punt can only lose a few bob.

120671[/snapback]

I have a sneaky suspision that if all of the players knew and Freddy Sheperd knew and that manager was anywhere near 33/1 then he wouldn't be at that price for very long....

120729[/snapback]

Absolutely.

Common sense isn't expensive

So is Ranieri the subject of these PMs then or what?  Does someone want to PM me if we're still being secretive, or just post it definitively if we're not?  Cheers. :)

120855[/snapback]

Ditto.. :blush: