CL - out of reach...

Craig

Thanks to Spurs' win at Everton today, we mathematically can't catch them and therefore only can achieve 5th place.

That being said, we're 6 points of 6th place and while it's very unlikely we'll achieve it, it's not impossible. We've got to realistically hope that we can get at least 10 points from the final 4 games which puts us on 58 points.

With Blackburn currently being on 54 and with one game in hand over us, they're gonna have to go into a serious free-fall if we're gonna pip them.

Not gonna happen, is it?

7th is definitely possible though :lol:

So you believed we had a chance of Champions League football then?

121654[/snapback]

There's a conclusion over there......how about you take a leap towards it! :lol:

If you read it carefully numbnuts, I point out that we've little chance of 6th, let alone 4th!

All I was doing was pointing out that the mathematical possibility was gone! :)

Agreed...

Particularly West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Charlton, Boro & Blackburn. That's 11, possibly 13 points we missed out on...

i think every team can say that though. I'll give you the B'burn one though as pederson's punch was absolutely ridiculous. How he managed to avoid stick for that i don't know.

121794[/snapback]

Probably because he scored against Newcastle, doesn't play for a "big" club, and is "quality, vastly underrated player."

Certainly isn't imo. All he's got is a belter of a left boot tbh.

Edited by TheInspiration

i think every team can say that though. I'll give you the B'burn one though as pederson's punch was absolutely ridiculous. How he managed to avoid stick for that i don't know.

121794[/snapback]

Probably because he scored against Newcastle, doesn't play for a "big" club, and is "quality, vastly underrated player."

121850[/snapback]

wahey. someone agrees with me he isn't that hot. Goals are of course useful but the rest of his game is lacking. Watch him score against us today now :lol:

121794[/snapback]

121850[/snapback]

Not to mention a left hand.

Guest CrimsonFault
Agreed...

Particularly West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Charlton, Boro & Blackburn. That's 11, possibly 13 points we missed out on...

121760[/snapback]

Roeder managed us then - for both games against them.

Agreed...

121760[/snapback]

122040[/snapback]

Yeah I know...

I wasn't really being specific to the Souness era, I was talking about all home games over the course of the season.

Guest CrimsonFault
Agreed...

121760[/snapback]

122040[/snapback]

Yeah I know...

I wasn't really being specific to the Souness era, I was talking about all home games over the course of the season.

122070[/snapback]

ah, therefore I apologise.