Work Problem

wykikitoon

Right bit of advice needed.

When I started working for my current company I signed a contract. In this contract it has a part in stating, if I introduce anyone to the company I will get £1000. This is broke up into the following.

£500 The day the new employee starts and £500 in 6month if they are still with the company.

Anyway I got my brother a job at the company and I havent had anything. My brother started with us 2 years ago.

Im fucking boiling my piss her with anger as I want my money, some cunt in admin got theirs with nee hassle, yet me FUCK ALL.

What can I do?

Cheers

First stop HR. Get them to find the paperwork regarding the introduction, if that doesn't work, get out your contract and check the greivances section for who is your moanee-in-chief.

Not in a union no Jimbo :drinks:

I dont think we have one at work, im shite at stuff like that tbh

As for the HR Stuff Matt I dont really get you

9491[/snapback]

Do you have a personnel or Human resorces department ?

Not really no.  Not that I can think of anyway, the company is pretty damn big too  :drinks:

9495[/snapback]

then you'll have a HR or Personnell dept. Just ring the switchboard (if you have one of those) and ask for personell or check your payslip.

When you do speak to them, be polite otherwise they'll drop your request to the back of the queue and it'll keep getting mysteriously lost.

Just have all the details to hand, check the contract fully first to make sure theres no clauses that you missed first time round.

Then sit back and wait.

Before you do anything though I'd dig your contract (I presume you've still got a copy) out and go through that section with a fine tooth comb before you go and read them the riot act.

Although it may not seem likely, most contracts within a work place are individual rather than follow a set format and just because your colleague has got the clause, you may not have. What's more, if you are a big organisation, you more than likely have your own legal department and if that's a case, they'll have written the contracts rather than HR and they confuse you with allsorts of crap which allows them to weed their way out of things (been there and done that!).

Another thing to keep aware of is that a lot of HR departments frown heavily on the terms & conditions of an employee's contract being made public - this includes clauses. Most people think this just applies to the discussion of salaries, but it can go beyond that. If you're believed to have discussed the T&Cs of your contract with another employee in our place then it's a disciplinary followed by a dismissal if you're found guilty.They can be very draconian on this and the general rule is, the bigger the company, the worse they are...

As Peasepud says, make a polite approach otherwise you'll get nowhere. If you can' find a copy of your contract, then approach them first and ask for a copy as you've lost yours but don't let on why you want it.

Finally if you're bamboozled by the verbal diarrhoea that the legal eagles have written in your contract, then take it along to the Citizen's Advice Bureau and they'll decipher it for you and let you know if you're contractually entitled to it. If it's not in there with both your signatures on the end of the contract (i.e. i's a 'verbal' agreement), then they sadly have the right to change their minds....

Good luck matey :drinks:

Edited by Craig

Why the delay in kicking up a stink? Seems to me like you may have left it to long to ask. If you dig out the contract you'll probably find that it says somewhere else in it that if you fail to make a claim within the following 6 month after the year has passed you will miss out on the bonus payment, or they'll probably insert a clause especially for you stating that because he's family you don't qualify for it :drinks:

I know ive seem to have left it bit im just shite at confrontations etc etc. Anyway I emailed my boss who had a word with the reginal director. My boss told me 3 weeks ago that the RD had authorised it to go through, yet I still have fuck all :drinks:

I know ive seem to have left it bit im just shite at confrontations etc etc.  Anyway I emailed my boss who had a word with the reginal director.  My boss told me 3 weeks ago that the RD had authorised it to go through, yet I still have fuck all :drinks:

9507[/snapback]

Chances are its being added to your monthly pay....christ maaan, you're suddenly getting impatient after 2 years of doing nowt!

Haha Pease, but ive just been paid :P

Ill see em tom, instead of fannying around like a gay, ill go in and ask straight!  Ill let you know when I get my P45.

9513[/snapback]

Never ever bow down to Employees, the job will still be there when your not - fact :drinks:

I'm unemployed at the minute :(

I know ive seem to have left it bit im just shite at confrontations etc etc.  Anyway I emailed my boss who had a word with the reginal director.  My boss told me 3 weeks ago that the RD had authorised it to go through, yet I still have fuck all :drinks:

9507[/snapback]

if your boss has said that get on to HR and ask when it will be apid and tell them (politely) when it will be arriving - take names of who you speak to!!!!

If you get the brushoff its a staright note to your boss asking him to have a word ASAP as the message isn't getting through

PUT EVERYTHING in WRITING

I'm having similar problems, I'm owed 6 months back pay for doing work for another department. Was supposed to get it the month I started doing the work, finsihed doing it in June, still no back pay. Problem has come about because my boss and the other department fell out (he actually pulled the plug on my working for them) and neither of them will sign the work off that I did becuase each one claims it's the others responsibility.

Anyway, they're still arguing about it and if my money owed doesn't appear on my August pay then I'm making a phone call to the Union, where I expect it'll be sorted within 5 minutes.

So wykikitoon, if you have a union, join them and use them.

We've had these referral things when I was working for my old firm, and I know you had to make it clear to HR when the other person was joining that you were referring them, and the person in question had to do the same, or else the referral scheme didn't apply.

Still though, sounds like wykiki is sorted if the Regional Director has approved it. Do what Rob says - go to HR, if they don't know what you're talking about it, or are dragging their heels, go back to your boss. Send emails to these people though, then you've got a correspondence trail.

If you still dont get any joy, as its a big firm, they must have a complaints procedure which you can follow rather than having a go at the wrong people it will tell you how to go about it the right way.