Benitez

Guest CrimsonFault

Guest CrimsonFault
He looks about that tbh. He also looks like he should be managing a bank rather than a football team. He's fucking good at it though.

122051[/snapback]

Tactically perfect for every game. Marvelous manager. Leagues ahead of Mourinho IMO.

Apparently Fowler was saying that he thinks about nothing but football, from when he gets up to when he goes to bed, but that the extent Benitez thinks about the game amazes even him.

It's so frustrating to think that at the end of the 2004 season, both us and Liverpool should have changed managers. They did, and got Benitez. We didn't, and we all know what happened next...

Edited by luckyluke

Guest CrimsonFault
Apparently Fowler was saying that he thinks about nothing but football, from when he gets up to when he goes to bed, but that the extent Benitez thinks about the game amazes even him.

122058[/snapback]

I read an article on him in FourFourTwo last year as soon as he was appointed as manager of Liverpool. He was dicussing tactics and the depth he goes into is incredible. Apparently when he was a player (career cut short via injury) he was jog down notes after the game, show the manager and help the manager with tactics on a match day.

Alright, you suppose?!?!

I'd love to have him here.

122075[/snapback]

I don't really do smilies but if i did the last post would have ended with a :lol: or :)

I'm not gonna come on a newcastle board and start banging on about how great our gaffer is.

i) why would you care

ii) you haven't got one so it'll look like i'm being cocksure even though that wouldn't be how i meant it.

Rafa's work can speak for him anyway.

Edited by sammya

That said, he doesn't think Liverpool's 'strikeforce' would be strengthened by resigning Michael Owen.

122081[/snapback]

You outbid us. Simple as that. We couldn't afford the 17mill or whatever it would have taken. We couldn't bid money we didn't have only an idiot would do that.

I don't know where this myth he didn't want him came from we were speaking to Owen til the last minute but we just didn't have the cash that you guys put up.

That said, he doesn't think Liverpool's 'strikeforce' would be strengthened by resigning Michael Owen.

122081[/snapback]

You outbid us. Simple as that. We couldn't afford the 17mill or whatever it would have taken. We couldn't bid money we didn't have only an idiot would do that.

I don't know where this myth he didn't want him came from we were speaking to Owen til the last minute but we just didn't have the cash that you guys put up.

122083[/snapback]

I thought the attempt to resign Owen was the board's idea, not Benitez's.

122081[/snapback]

122083[/snapback]

I thought the attempt to resign Owen was the board's idea, not Benitez's.

122114[/snapback]

nah that's one of those things that gets into the press somehow and just gets repeated til it's accepted fact.

You probably didn't watch it but the Super Cup was before the transfer window of summer closed. Cisse came off the bench and got two goals and after the game rafa refused to say that he was keeping Cisse. That was because he was trying to sell him to raise the cash for Owen. Like i said we just couldn't match your bid of 16-17mill whatever it was. It wasn't us playing silly buggers over the principle of selling him for £8mill then doubling the price and it wasn't because rafa didn't want him. We just didn't have the money and which idiot spends money they don't have? You have to wake up the next day and still have a club that exists.