Anyone know anything...

janu

...about the Owen get-out clause(s)?

Yesterday a friend of mine (Liverpool-supporter) claimed that Owen has got at least two clauses that allow him to speak to other clubs/leave in the summer if a £ 12m fee is offered.

1: The get-out clause is activated if Graeme Souness is sacked as manager

2: The get-out clause is activated if we don't qualify for European football this season

I know Freddie has denied it, but... :lol:

Guest CrimsonFault
that rumour is rife on loads of liverpool boards. You won't believe it's true anyhow, don't blame you.

We'll see in the summer anyhow. I'm hoping he comes back.

122087[/snapback]

I'm fairly confident that Owen will be here next season.

...about the Owen get-out clause(s)?

Yesterday a friend of mine (Liverpool-supporter) claimed that Owen has got at least two clauses that allow him to speak to other clubs/leave in the summer if a £ 12m fee is offered.

1: The get-out clause is activated if Graeme Souness is sacked as manager

2: The get-out clause is activated if we don't qualify for European football this season

I know Freddie has denied it, but... :lol:

122085[/snapback]

OK, that's made up for sure.

He may have release clauses, but those are a little too convenient!

I fully expect Liverpool boards to be full of them and have seen about 20 different versions so far.

that rumour is rife on loads of liverpool boards. You won't believe it's true anyhow, don't blame you.

122087[/snapback]

122088[/snapback]

I haven't got a scooby either way, depends on a lot. I heard he could even end up at the mancs. It'll be pretty harsh if he leaves you having only played 10/11/12 games but this is Owen and take it from a liverpool supporter, Michael Owen always looks after Michael Owen. Expect nothing from him apart from goals, oh and injuries but you've learnt that quickly.

I fully expect Liverpool boards to be full of them and have seen about 20 different versions so far.

122091[/snapback]

the one about europe has been a rumour from right at the start of the season when it looked like you'd have a good team.

You'd be shocked at how many Liverpool fans can't stand him and want him nowhere near.

Guest CrimsonFault

122091[/snapback]

the one about europe has been a rumour from right at the start of the season when it looked like you'd have a good team.

You'd be shocked at how many Liverpool fans can't stand him and want him nowhere near.

122098[/snapback]

we witnessed when he got booed on boxin day at anfield :lol:

What I want to know is, how the hell would Liverpool fans know what's on his contract??? Remember these were the same people who on the whole were dead cert Owen would sign for Liverpool and not us last August.

122097[/snapback]

aye but so was Owen :lol:

anyway i'll stop now as i get enough owen talk on other places

122087[/snapback]

122088[/snapback]

I haven't got a scooby either way, depends on a lot. I heard he could even end up at the mancs. It'll be pretty harsh if he leaves you having only played 10/11/12 games but this is Owen and take it from a liverpool supporter, Michael Owen always looks after Michael Owen. Expect nothing from him apart from goals, oh and injuries but you've learnt that quickly.

122096[/snapback]

Man Utd is very possible, especially if they sell van Nistelrooy.

I still stick by my £12m & Cisse though.

we witnessed when he got booed on boxin day at anfield  :lol:

122100[/snapback]

:) yeah spose so

I thought the "Where were you in istanbul" chants were funny and fair game and even the "what a waste of talent". The booing was harsh though and i didn't even like him that much when he was here.

Man Utd is very possible, especially if they sell van Nistelrooy.

I still stick by my £12m & Cisse though.

122103[/snapback]

We'll happily pay you 12mill to take Cisse.

Oh you mean you'll give us Owen if we give you 12mill and djibs? In the interest of fair play I'll have to decline your offer and warn you as to your sanity.

Well he's certainly better than 50% of our strikers at the club atm.

122107[/snapback]

I've never seen Chopra play more than 3 games. One of them was when he was 15-6 and the other two against lower league opposition this season so I can't judge him so I'll take your word on it. Shearer's retiring obviously.

Ameobi's a proper mixed bag whenever I see him. Capable of doing something really ace and rubbish in the same move. With his skills set he should be better than he is maybe Cisse's better than him I dunno though. If you could fix Luque you'd have a proper player but i think he's a better winger.

I almost forgot you had Owen. He's shit we'll take him off you if you want.

122087[/snapback]

The fans, board and players want him back. Unfortunately for you Rafa doesn't.

Wouldn't be suprised if he ended up at ManU, Arsenal or Chelsea if he has a brilliant World Cup.

One thing I will agree with you on is that he always looks after his own interests regardless.

122091[/snapback]

122098[/snapback]

Any ideas why?

122091[/snapback]

122098[/snapback]

Any ideas why?

122113[/snapback]

The way he ran his contract his contract down so he could leave for a much reduced fee. He left before the new manager had been there for a month so didn't give benitez a chance. He was never the biggest favourite in the world with some for whatever reason. Don't get me wrong though he was greatly appreciated by loads but he was never at Fowler status for most. There was a nagging suspicion he was more England's than Liverpool's (you guys know how that one goes :lol: ). He said from when he was about 17 that he'd leave one day so what was the point in getting too close to him. He's said several times that Liverpool was his first choice when leaving Madrid so why didn't he force their hand in the way a lot of players do. He's a welsh shortarse.

Those are all the various reasons for different people. I think I covered them all.

Cheers. Didn't he support Everton as a boy? I can't imagine people hating him for it but it could have been a contributing factor to him not being as revered as Fowler is.

122127[/snapback]

Fowler, Rush and Carra were all evertonians and they are worshipped. I just think there's something a bit cold about Owen. I need to stress though don't get the impression he wasn't like or was hated or anything. It's just that you would have thought 152 goals would have demanded a bit more warmth than he got.

Guest CrimsonFault
I think that's his cousin Anthony Gerrard who plays for everton youth

122130[/snapback]

Whatever, I'm off to bed I'm knackered.

When I wake up we'll have got beat 4-0.

Guten nagen.

Bizarre is the ease with which the aforementioned Carragher, Rush and Fowler, and indeed Owen, can just play for Liverpool and adopt them as 'their' club, not only that they play for but appear to have a genuine affection for.

Look at the affection Fowler has for Liverpool, as well as the disdain he has for Everton fans and I personally don't think I could bring myself to do it if, hypothetically speaking, I found myself in a position of being a sunderland player.

Bizarre is the ease with which the aforementioned Carragher, Rush and Fowler, and indeed Owen, can just play for Liverpool and adopt them as 'their' club, not only that they play for but appear to have a genuine affection for.

Look at the affection Fowler has for Liverpool, as well as the disdain he has for Everton fans and I personally don't think I could bring myself to do it if, hypothetically speaking, I found myself in a position of being a sunderland player.

122138[/snapback]

I get your point but I don't suppose £40+ grand a week hurts