O'Neil Deal DONE

Guest CrimsonFault

More bollocks imo.

Yes, I would say he is the favourite for England, but no-one has been sure. Yet again, this 'club spokesman' is a load of crap. 'Common knowledge' that McClaren would get the England job, eh? If that was so, the bookies would have closed the book on him since February as they aren't stupid.

As for O'Neill, he could well go there but I would put money on Mowbray getting the job. Would O'Neill really want to take over another small club, regardless of the comfort zone that Gibson offers?

In a nutshell, I don't believe it. It's not a done deal, but could happen.

Dont see how Boro would be attractive for O'Neill tbh. Going from a fave for the England job to being linked with a mid-league outfit that struggle most weeks to fill their stadium? :lol:

Edited by Emre

I'm starting to get worried about this...quotes from a club spokesperson an all...

122175[/snapback]

For club spokesman, read the writer of the article. My arse a club spokesman would say something like he's a nailed on bet, go and do it.

I'm starting to get worried about this...quotes from a club spokesperson an all...

122175[/snapback]

For club spokesman, read the writer of the article. My arse a club spokesman would say something like he's a nailed on bet, go and do it.

122193[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. This business of interviewing themselves must be spreading :lol:

Is it just me or is that site another out of the "Tyne-talk" portfolio? Or is it "talkofthetyne"?

Not knocking that type of site but if a 'club spokesperson' is going to make a comment about something, they'll be doing it on the official site surely?

:lol:

I just can't see it at all that O'Neil would choose the smogs over us. Its the way football works, he'd choose us over them and would choose the manu's, arsenals, and Liverpools over us.

We will offer him anything they'd pay him, we'd match any transfer budget they'd offer him, we'd offer a far more realisitic chance of matching the top 4 (or at least challenging them), we have bigger and better crowds in all competitions, etc. etc.

Luckilly (especially for him) he isn't a proper mackem, just when he was younger he was a fan of a particular SAFC player and sort of supported the team at the time.

When it come to choosing possibly the most important job in his career so far he won't be wondering what the mackems think about it!

And it would be so much fun to see how gutted the mackems would be if he took over NUFC.

We will offer him anything they'd pay him, we'd match any transfer budget they'd offer him, we'd offer a far more realisitic chance of matching the top 4 (or at least challenging them), we have bigger and better crowds in all competitions, etc. etc.

122208[/snapback]

Exactly, I think if O'Neill went to Boro I would lose all respect for him as the only thing they can offer him that we can't is an easy life.

122208[/snapback]

Exactly, I think if O'Neill went to Boro I would lose all respect for him as the only thing they can offer him that we can't is an easy life.

122226[/snapback]

And i think he strikes you as somebody who likes a challenge, has ambition and wants to test himself.

122208[/snapback]

122226[/snapback]

And i think he strikes you as somebody who likes a challenge, has ambition and wants to test himself.

122227[/snapback]

Agreed. Boro is hardly a step up from Celtic, is it?

Guest CrimsonFault

122208[/snapback]

122226[/snapback]

122227[/snapback]

122235[/snapback]

Neither are we tbh.

122208[/snapback]

122226[/snapback]

122227[/snapback]

122235[/snapback]

Neither are we tbh.

122237[/snapback]

I think we have the potential to be, with EPL money, and a large fan base (although not as big as Celtic's, granted). But the Boro are just a poxy club in a chemical wasteland and always will be.

the only way oneill would choose boro over us is if freddy refused to meet his demands.

either for wages, not moving to the area etc. etc.

every neutral knows if it was a striaght choice between us and them it would be no contest for a manager.

ps. me cars just broke. hurry up and announce ranieri freddy! :lol:

Edited by J69

i really really hope he chooses us over anything else.

to take a team like leicester to 2 or 3 cup finals and winning most of them and getting that team to where it was in the league is nothing short of class. the man was also a legend at celtic (uefa cup finalists). and wherever he's gone he's done the business.

we need a good manager, and bless him roeders done well but as soon as other coaches figure out his tactics ( which isn't tricky ) we'll slip down the table quicker than west ham in his second season...

but surely he won't come to us, his wife had cancer, and our managers have a history of cancer, so he won't want to bad luck connected with our club, plus we play in black, the colour of tumours

122792[/snapback]

Ban this laughing boy????

but surely he won't come to us, his wife had cancer, and our managers have a history of cancer, so he won't want to bad luck connected with our club, plus we play in black, the colour of tumours

122792[/snapback]

Ban this laughing boy????

122809[/snapback]

2 posts, both involving cancer, both in dubious taste. It's not looking good.