Chopra's Celebration

Gemmill

Was quality. :lol: From being sat on the bench to scoring seconds later, and it was all too much for the lad. On Sky's coverage they show him in slow motion after he scored the goal, and he's just turning round looking for teammates with this wild eyed look on his face, then turning and screaming at the fans with his fists clenched like he can't quite comprehend what's just happened. Absolute class. :lol:

I'm absolutely made up for the lad.  He will probably be released in the summer but at least he will have the memory of sticking it right up  those sad bastards.

122752[/snapback]

Totally agree, surely the best moment of Chops' career so far

I'm absolutely made up for the lad.  He will probably be released in the summer but at least he will have the memory of sticking it right up  those sad bastards.

122752[/snapback]

I was just thinking the same thing actually. He's clearly not good enough, but as a local lad I'm sure he'll never forget that moment.

Anyone see Luque's celebration too? It almost looked like a "Please like me" gesture at one point. I was pleased for him an'all, although whether it'll make any difference in the long run, I'm not sure.

122752[/snapback]

Given the size of the squad, I hope to hell this isn't the case. He may not be what we hoped he could be, but he's a decent squad player and despite the shambles of a defence that he got through, he was the only NUFC player who was quick enough to read what was going on.....

122752[/snapback]

Given the size of the squad, I hope to hell this isn't the case. He may not be what we hoped he could be, but he's a decent squad player and despite the shambles of a defence that he got through, he was the only NUFC player who was quick enough to read what was going on.....

122781[/snapback]

He's really not technically good enough for the premiership though, there's no point in keeping him. We have major problems upfront next year, but Chopra is not part of the solution. I'm chuffed he scored against the mackems, but let's be honest, he hardly knew anything about it. I douby he would score more than 8 a year if he played every game.

Agree we need to replace him but until we do we should keep a hold of him. If we've learned anything from last summer we'll never trim the squad down like we did again. It might have balanced the books but from a footballing POV it was suicide - and we saw the outcome only too clearly!

Even if we only sign one striker, he'd be 5th/6th choice for me next season (if everyone's fit and we do keep him on). Loved the goal though, summed up their season really.

I'd like to hang on to him for another season even if it is just to bulk up the squad numbers. I'm too sentimental though.

122838[/snapback]

One thing I have noticed is that teams that do well are ruthless, not sentimental. Arguably Shearer lasted too long out of sentimentality (I think he probably played a year too long). If they're not good enough, ship them out and replace them! How long has Chopra been here now?

Btw, I'm sorry for being negative in a Chopra celebration thread. :lol:

Btw, I'm sorry for being negative in a Chopra celebration thread.  :nufc:

122847[/snapback]

Par for the course from you tbh. :lol:

122848[/snapback]

:lol: I agree though.

122847[/snapback]

122848[/snapback]

I'm manic-depressive when it comes to football, it's just been more depressing than manic for the past three years. I'm on a huge high at the minute though, obviously! :lol:

122847[/snapback]

122848[/snapback]

I'm manic-depressive when it comes to football, it's just been more depressing than manic for the past three years. I'm on a huge high at the minute though, obviously! :lol:

122855[/snapback]

Combination of the football and the sunshine I reckon, but I'm the same. I even didn't mind coming into work as much as I normally do after a long weekend.

Anyone see Luque's celebration too?  It almost looked like a "Please like me" gesture at one point.  I was pleased for him an'all, although whether it'll make any difference in the long run, I'm not sure.

122759[/snapback]

I admit I'm only going off what little I saw on Football First last night but it did seem that after Luque scored he started doing things right again. His touch and passing all seemed to come back. I'm not saying he did anything fantastic but he no longer looked like a frightened child. It may well be just thing he needs to get started here. Shame it's took so long like!

122752[/snapback]

122781[/snapback]

He's really not technically good enough for the premiership though, there's no point in keeping him. We have major problems upfront next year, but Chopra is not part of the solution. I'm chuffed he scored against the mackems, but let's be honest, he hardly knew anything about it. I doubt he would score more than 8 a year if he played every game.

122782[/snapback]

One more than Shola then.

Think confidence of getting his first goal is a big boost to Luque. Now Shearer's out he has the chance to jump in with both feet and really make a name for himself, and stake a claim that he is good enough to stay.

A lot of people have knocked Luque and said he's not good enough. He hasn't adapted to life in the Premiership well, sure. But to say he's not good enough is a bit unfair IMO - he proved in Spain that he has the talent, perhaps we just haven't been able to 'tap' it yet and that all he needed was the confidence of scoring his first to get going....

Optimistic it may be, but so long as he's turning out in a Newcastle United shirt, I'll support him! :lol:

Think confidence of getting his first goal is a big boost to Luque. Now Shearer's out he has the chance to jump in with both feet and really make a name for himself, and stake a claim that he is good enough to stay.

A lot of people have knocked Luque and said he's not good enough. He hasn't adapted to life in the Premiership well, sure. But to say he's not good enough is a bit unfair IMO - he proved in Spain that he has the talent, perhaps we just haven't been able to 'tap' it yet and that all he needed was the confidence of scoring his first to get going....

Optimistic it may be, but so long as he's turning out in a Newcastle United shirt, I'll support him! :lol:

123028[/snapback]

His attitude still stinks though. Unless he changes completely, I don't want him in the team.

Do you think he should be given the chance against West Brom Renton?

I personally do. It's a gilt-edged opportunity to put all the shit behind him and show what he can do. If he still doesn't deliver then I agree, his goose is well and truly cooked! :lol: