One day, one morning, soon

LeazesMag

This time we need to have a press statement that not only announced the departure of one manager, but the appointment of another simultaneously. It might be seen as backstabbing, but the needs on the club comes first.

I'm sure the happiness of losing Souness will soon subside when I realise we are going to be looking to the likes of Terrible Venables to come in as his successor. Thats how low we will have sunk.

9544[/snapback]

Do you know what is really disturbing. I totally don't rate Venables, his ability lies mainly in getting the cockney based media up his back pipe, but...

Had we got him instead of Souness as was originally suggested, he would have come in, finished where Souness did in the league or possibly better. Would have got on well with the players because much though i don't rate him, players love him.

And come the end of the season he'd be moved on as it was only going to be temporary, we'd still have a happy Bellamy, Kluivert and Robert at the club and the new manager comign in would have something to work with.

This time we need to have a press statement that not only announced the departure of one manager, but the appointment of another simultaneously. It might be seen as backstabbing, but the needs on the club comes first.

9562[/snapback]

Now that Souness has started to criticize Shepherd for not signing enough players I don't think it will be long until he is on his way. It is unlikey any big name manager will want to replace him now he has got rid of all our best players so I think Shepherd will have to go for a young manager with something to prove. My prediction if Shearer won't take the job is his best mate Mike Newell - promotion with Hartlepool and Luton and a winning start to the Championship season.

Edited by Super7

Mike Newell - promotion with Hartlepool and Luton and a winning start to the Championship season.

9572[/snapback]

you mean lost the championship with Hartlepool? i wouldn't want Newell anywhere near my club, why do you think Ken Hodcrofft got rid of him? although i'm sure Dyer would enjoy his boozing antics... when he was at Pools he

-turned up half pissed for the team bus

-involved in several fights while out on the town

-barred from nearly all boozers in the town

-had an affair

hmmm sets a great example for the players

Mike Newell - promotion with Hartlepool and Luton and a winning start to the Championship season.

9572[/snapback]

you mean lost the championship with Hartlepool? i wouldn't want Newell anywhere near my club, why do you think Ken Hodcrofft got rid of him? although i'm sure Dyer would enjoy his boozing antics... when he was at Pools he

-turned up half pissed for the team bus

-involved in several fights while out on the town

-barred from nearly all boozers in the town

-had an affair

hmmm sets a great example for the players

9575[/snapback]

I didn't say that I wanted him as Manager but that if Shearer doesn't want the job then given his influence in the club and the probable lack of other candidates I think Shearer might put in a good word for him with Freddie.

I'm sure the happiness of losing Souness will soon subside when I realise we are going to be looking to the likes of Terrible Venables to come in as his successor. Thats how low we will have sunk.

9544[/snapback]

Do you know what is really disturbing. I totally don't rate Venables, his ability lies mainly in getting the cockney based media up his back pipe, but...

Had we got him instead of Souness as was originally suggested, he would have come in, finished where Souness did in the league or possibly better. Would have got on well with the players because much though i don't rate him, players love him.

And come the end of the season he'd be moved on as it was only going to be temporary, we'd still have a happy Bellamy, Kluivert and Robert at the club and the new manager comign in would have something to work with.

9570[/snapback]

tbh, if it was me, i'd have sold Robert and Kluivert. (but then i'd made sure i had proper replacements lined up first

9544[/snapback]

9570[/snapback]

You're probably not far off the money there.