Lidl's

Smooth Operator

Had to go to Lidl's last night as it was the only place open but the stuff in there looked quite nice, all German i think.

And when i paid for my stuff the geezer on the til said i could take what i wanted from the back shelf. They had breakfast packs, bread, crumpets, pancakes, biscuits etc that were all in date for another week or so. I filled my boots like, might go back tonight as well see what I can score for free!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, they've got some canny stuff - lots of dodgy imports where you have to be able to guess what you're getting from the pictures, but then that's half the fun (and probably less dangerous than doing the same in Brighton Oriental Foods).

i have a lidl's just down the road from me but havent been in there for ages...might take a look now though :lol:

I seem to remember they sell really yummy fruit chewy sweets in a huge bag!

Had to go to Lidl's last night as it was the only place open but the stuff in there looked quite nice, all German i think.

And when i paid for my stuff the geezer on the til said i could take what i wanted from the back shelf. They had breakfast packs, bread, crumpets, pancakes, biscuits etc that were all in date for another week or so. I filled my boots like, might go back tonight as well see what I can score for free!

122910[/snapback]

The guy was just trying to keep you sweet and get rid of you quickly as he's heard about your queue jumping and verbal abuse of other shoppers :lol:

Shop terrorist tbh

Edited by snakehips

Aldi and Lidl sell some decent stuff like (as well as a load of shite), especially the vino. Renton would rather pay double at Sainsbury's like :lol:

Is it sort of like Aldi?

122923[/snapback]

Aldi is the poor man's Lidl tbh.

I like the look of some of the stuff they advertise in the leaflets you get through the door, like hiking boots for a fiver, you can't go wrong with that like, but then again again you can't go hiking in them either!!!

When i lived with the lads we used to stock up from there on the cheap, like buying 24 cans of beans, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans. And loads of cartons of apple, orange and pineapple juice. Dert cheap and didn't taste like dog dirt either which was nice!

i would just like to say its good to see men on a football forum discussing the merits of various super-markets and posting their shopping tips :lol:

Edited by Toonraider

Chocolate beer, wine and crisps are good too, which is great when your on a student budget!! :lol:

122937[/snapback]

I haven't tried chocolate beer before, sounds rank :lol:

I'm a Tesco man personally - the Tesco Extra off the Coast Road is a regular haunt.  I bought a shredded in there at the weekend.  It's what the long weekend is all about.

122942[/snapback]

It's canny but the one at Kingston Park is the daddy. Though not as handy.

I'm a Tesco man personally - the Tesco Extra off the Coast Road is a regular haunt.  I bought a shredded in there at the weekend.  It's what the long weekend is all about.

122942[/snapback]

Wtf is a shredded? :lol:

Actually, I literally despise Tescos, especially that one. The meat there is rancid. Good for none food though.

when you are a poor student, you wil try anything ha ha

122945[/snapback]

You want to be careful posting that in a thread in which S-O is active.

122942[/snapback]

Actually, I literally despise Tescos, especially that one. The meat there is rancid. Good for none food though.

122947[/snapback]

A shredder?

122942[/snapback]

122947[/snapback]

A shredder?

122949[/snapback]

I got one from the bargain book shop in the royal quays. Like popping blister wrap, I never get tired of using it. :lol:

when you are a poor student, you wil try anything ha ha

122945[/snapback]

Have you tried punctuation yet? It's the shiz-nitz, apparently.