Lidl's

Smooth Operator

I'm a Tesco man personally - the Tesco Extra off the Coast Road is a regular haunt.  I bought a shredded in there at the weekend.  It's what the long weekend is all about.

122942[/snapback]

Very family oriented though. All this buy 1 get one free shite is no good for the singleton. Have to pay over the odds for 1 item because the free one goes off before consuming it. :lol:

I prefer permanantly low prices

*slaps the spare copper in arse pocket a couple of times*

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Tesco man personally - the Tesco Extra off the Coast Road is a regular haunt.  I bought a shredded in there at the weekend.  It's what the long weekend is all about.

122942[/snapback]

Very family oriented though. All this buy 1 get one free shite is no good for the singleton. Have to pay over the odds for 1 item because the free one goes off before consuming it. :lol:

122954[/snapback]

Tesco isn't too good for BOGOFs actually. I suggest you avoid Morrisons.

122942[/snapback]

122954[/snapback]

Tesco isn't too good for BOGOFs actually. I suggest you avoid Morrisons.

122958[/snapback]

Iceland are bad for it too, and Safestyle UK.

I say Safestyle UK.

Asda for cheapness, Sainsburys for choice.

122978[/snapback]

Having said that, for beer and wine (red wine anyway), Asda has the best choice.

The thing with both Lidl and Aldi is (well, that's what it is here in Jormany) that they mostly sell second label products. So you get many products who are totally identical with branded articles for much cheaper prices.

And I know from Aldi that they have a strict quality control. They have a clause in their contracts with suppliers that they can kick every product out of their sortiment if it gets poor ratings from consumer organisations.

i like sainsburys, great choice but takes me way too long to shop there and i spend a fortune :lol: I like my local tescos best, its not a huge store so i can find what i want quickly, basically i just hate food shopping.

These places charge 5p for carrier bags.  Is anyone on here gonna admit to being the ultimate gyppo and taking their own carriers in with them? :lol:

123064[/snapback]

I never do that, purely on the basis I'm not organised enough to remember :lol:

These places charge 5p for carrier bags.  Is anyone on here gonna admit to being the ultimate gyppo and taking their own carriers in with them? :lol:

123064[/snapback]

Cotton carrier bags all the way. Proper eco-warrior, me.

123064[/snapback]

123076[/snapback]

On a completely random note I was looking at biodegradable coffins in a funeral directors called "Go as you please" yesterday. Wish I'd thought of that business - over three grand for a burial at sea!

I'm definitely giving Lidl a go like.  |Might even go tonight.  Any recommendations on what's nice?

123071[/snapback]

scurvy.

These places charge 5p for carrier bags.  Is anyone on here gonna admit to being the ultimate gyppo and taking their own carriers in with them? :nufc:

123064[/snapback]

123076[/snapback]

On a completely random note I was looking at biodegradable coffins in a funeral directors called "Go as you please" yesterday. Wish I'd thought of that business - over three grand for a burial at sea!

123079[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

That's exactly how I picture Renton spending his weekends. Window shopping in funeral parlours, saying to his wife "we all go one day pet, best to be prepared" :nufc:

123064[/snapback]

123076[/snapback]

123079[/snapback]

It's a dying trade I hear.

I'm definitely giving Lidl a go like.  |Might even go tonight.  Any recommendations on what's nice?

123071[/snapback]

scurvy.

123080[/snapback]

:lol:

You're just jeal cos you have to shop in French supermarchayyyys. :lol:

These places charge 5p for carrier bags.  Is anyone on here gonna admit to being the ultimate gyppo and taking their own carriers in with them? :icon_lol:

123064[/snapback]

123076[/snapback]

123079[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

That's exactly how I picture Renton spending his weekends. Window shopping in funeral parlours, saying to his wife "we all go one day pet, best to be prepared" :nufc:

123081[/snapback]

:nufc: As he never smiles he'd make the perfect undertaker.