Lidl's

Smooth Operator

You're just jeal cos you have to shop in French supermarchayyyys. :lol:

123083[/snapback]

The place we're moving to at the end of the month has all these peasant-marts quite close, akshooally. I can't stand the local equivalent, "Super U", it smells poor; but I'll pop in to Lidl and see what they're about. Apparently there's loads of E numbers in the cheap cannned stuff, anyone confirm or deny?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These places charge 5p for carrier bags.  Is anyone on here gonna admit to being the ultimate gyppo and taking their own carriers in with them? :angry:

123064[/snapback]

Cotton carrier bags all the way. Proper eco-warrior, me.

123076[/snapback]

On a completely random note I was looking at biodegradable coffins in a funeral directors called "Go as you please" yesterday. Wish I'd thought of that business - over three grand for a burial at sea!

123079[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

That's exactly how I picture Renton spending his weekends. Window shopping in funeral parlours, saying to his wife "we all go one day pet, best to be prepared" :nufc:

123081[/snapback]

:nufc: As he never smiles he'd make the perfect undertaker.

123085[/snapback]

:nufc:

The name caught my eye as I walked down Whitley road actually. Have a peek - some interesting coffins including NUFC ones.

Keep taking the piss and you'll be needing one. :icon_lol:

These places charge 5p for carrier bags.  Is anyone on here gonna admit to being the ultimate gyppo and taking their own carriers in with them? :angry:

123064[/snapback]

Cotton carrier bags all the way. Proper eco-warrior, me.

123076[/snapback]

On a completely random note I was looking at biodegradable coffins in a funeral directors called "Go as you please" yesterday. Wish I'd thought of that business - over three grand for a burial at sea!

123079[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

That's exactly how I picture Renton spending his weekends. Window shopping in funeral parlours, saying to his wife "we all go one day pet, best to be prepared" :nufc:

123081[/snapback]

:nufc: As he never smiles he'd make the perfect undertaker.

123085[/snapback]

:blush:

The name caught my eye as I walked down Whitley road actually. Have a peek - some interesting coffins including NUFC ones.

Keep taking the piss and you'll be needing one. :icon_lol:

123088[/snapback]

:nufc:

An NUFC coffin has to be the ultimate Soopafan accessory.

I don't eat canned stuff man, I'm far too healthy for that! :lol:  Do they have Lidls en France too?  Whereabouts do you live over there anyway?

123089[/snapback]

We're moving to Beziers, I'm currently in the middle of nowhere, a couple of hours sw of there.

They've got Lidl for sure, and pretty sure they have Netto and something else beginning with letters.

Actually, I reckon an NUFC headstone (which I've seen) beats the coffin.

123092[/snapback]

This house I delivered to on Sunday happened to be number 9 on its street, and they had a glass door, properly inset with a huge NUFC shirt and an equally massive "9" slap-bang in the middle. It just made me wonder how many decent houses they turned down until one with the right number came on the market. :lol:

Lidl's is excellent for things like fruit juices, yoghurts and the fruit and veg are very reasonable.

The cereals are very good as well and the likes of weetabix are on sale there.

All the household cleaning products are cheap aswell, you can save a hell of a lot of money by doing the majority of your shop there.

HOW Fu--ing sad am I

Nowt wrong with some of the stuff in either Lidl or Aldi. It's foreign food so therefore not that well known. Doesn't mean it's shite though...

Bet half the snobby bastards who are knocking it have never even set foot in one tbh. Probably do all their food shopping at Harrods and wash their cars with evian! :lol:

I try to avoid it usually but occasionaly venture in for cheese, pizzas, garlic bread and that sort of thing. I'd never touch any of the meat out of there, then again I won't eat most meat unless its Tesco Finest, fuck knows what would be in the stuff in Lidl. Saying that I do enjoy perusing their Lucky Dip section where you will find some of the most random shit in any shop anywhere.

I try to avoid it usually but occasionaly venture in for cheese, pizzas, garlic bread and that sort of thing. I'd never touch any of the meat out of there, then again I won't eat most meat unless its Tesco Finest, fuck knows what would be in the stuff in Lidl. Saying that I do enjoy perusing their Lucky Dip section where you will find some of the most random shit in any shop anywhere.

123249[/snapback]

I don't think there is any difference in quality between the products. It's just a different kind of merchandising. While the likes of Tesco are going for just one private label, discounters like Aldi and Lidl are going for various private labels who just sound more cheapish.

I go to Lidl's every Monday and Thursday for their Special Buy deals, they sell some excellent stuff.

Clicky here

123240[/snapback]

Could this be the real reason you like Lidl...

060282b2kc.jpg

Hats off to you sir for bringing filth into a groceries thread.

I go to Lidl's every Monday and Thursday for their Special Buy deals, they sell some excellent stuff.

Clicky here

123240[/snapback]

Could this be the real reason you like Lidl...

060282b2kc.jpg

Hats off to you sir for bringing filth into a groceries thread.

123275[/snapback]

Hhhmmm nice reinforced gusset !! :lol:

It beats Dublin.

123099[/snapback]

Aye but does it have the same level of community spirit?

normal_DSCN0730.JPG

123289[/snapback]

:lol: looks like home from home for me...

LeClerc, Rallye and Continent are the French equivalent of our big sipermarkets aren't they Dotbum?

123287[/snapback]

LeClerc and Geant would be the ones we use mainly, not familiar with the latter two. I must say they've got nothing like the big ones in Ireland nor in the UK, from my fairly limited experience. Supermarkets that put Dublin to absolute shame in towns of 30,000 population.

It beats Dublin.

123099[/snapback]

Aye but does it have the same level of community spirit?

normal_DSCN0730.JPG

123289[/snapback]

:lol: Ah, Eireann go brea, my heart aches.

The French aren't that different in that regard.