Krugerrands

Smooth Operator

Wor lasses fatha slipped wor lass 4 grand when she went down to London the other week and wants her to buy his grandaughter 4 grands worth of Krugerrands, gold coins so I'm told. Anyone konw much about them? Are they likely to increase in value much over the years? And where can you get them from?

Wor lasses fatha slipped wor lass 4 grand when she went down to London the other week and wants her to buy his grandaughter 4 grands worth of Krugerrands, gold coins so I'm told. Anyone konw much about them? Are they likely to increase in value much over the years? And where can you get them from?

122952[/snapback]

who the feck is her fatha like? "here pet get the bairn summit nice, some barbie stuff or maybe 4 grands worth of dodgy South african gold" :lol:

122952[/snapback]

They are genuine S African currency

they are pretty near solid gold - like sovereigns - and are bought for investment purposes by people who don't believe in paper money , or want to move cash around without bothering the authorities too much

You can buy them from reputable banks and coin dealers - there is a markup over the current price of gold

I think papers like the Times and FT have the current prices in their business pages

They are a punt on the gold price - be careful who you buy from

Edited by Rob W