David Brent soundboard

Craig

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to watching The Office this past weekend and was quite disappointed.  I expected it to be much funnier.

123219[/snapback]

Should have watched the UK version :lol:

Finally got around to watching The Office this past weekend and was quite disappointed.  I expected it to be much funnier.

123219[/snapback]

123220[/snapback]

Oh, I did. Wasn't a bit funnier than the American version. FACTAPPOINTMENT.

123219[/snapback]

123220[/snapback]

123223[/snapback]

40 days & 40 nights in the N-O wilderness for even daring to suggest such a thing! :lol:

123219[/snapback]

Take that back or i'm putting up the 9/11 avatar again.

Found it to be very, very dull.  Predictable and stale.

123234[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you missed something; what other "Brit-coms" are you fond of?

More the classics, I guess. IMO Fawlty Towers is perhaps the greatest comedy ever.

To be fair I don't care for most sit-coms in general.

British TV is shit.

American TV is mostly shitter, but has occasional decent shows, mainly due to sheer volume--some are bound to be watchable.

People on here only like it so much because they can see themselves in the characters. Mostly in Simon, the nerdy IT support, always right, nit picking, twat pocket :lol:

Edited by Happy Face

123234[/snapback]

Something about this was bothering me last night; you're the second person on here in recent weeks to use that word to describe a purely character-driven piece. I think, in the case of The Office, the word is either completely wrong, or irrelevent; can you clarify?

123219[/snapback]

123220[/snapback]

123223[/snapback]

No, really? :lol:

Having watched a little bit of the US version, I'd have to disagree. I agree about Fawlty Towers though, pure class.

I think the Office was superb. I've been sad enough to watch it several times, and yes, I am still picking up on subtlties. Btw, no way is it what I consider a sitcom.

Brent is a very English character I think and that's probably lost on the yanks. He's obnoxious and vulnerable at the same time, and I challenge anyone not to feel for him in the last episode of series 2. This is quite different to the boss in the American version.

You can't account for taste but I do feel anyone who does not at least appreciate the Office is missing something.

123234[/snapback]

Something about this was bothering me last night; you're the second person on here in recent weeks to use that word to describe a purely character-driven piece. I think, in the case of The Office, the word is either completely wrong, or irrelevent; can you clarify?

123431[/snapback]

Character-driven pieces don't work with one-dimensional characters.

Character-driven pieces don't work with one-dimensional characters.

123578[/snapback]

How is David Brent one-dimensional? He's: a chilled-out entertainer; a philosopher-poet; a singer/song-writer; a philanthropist; and the father of one big happy family!

Can you give me an example of how it's predictable?

Are you saying that a parody accentuating a person's most obvious flaw does not work?