Club Statement

Jimbo

Club Statement

NEWCASTLE United have issued a statement in response to an article which appeared in the matchday programme for the game with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Monday.

The article, which was written by an outside contributor, was worded in a way that made a distasteful remark about Alan Shearer.

The club are unhappy with the article, and chairman Freddy Shepherd issued the following statement: "We are very disappointed at this appearing in the Sunderland programme.

"The message is in extremely bad taste, made at a time when football fans all over the world are hailing Alan's fantastic career achievements."

Can anyone shed any light on this ???

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't suprise me tbh. On the SMB yesterday there were loads of threads about the injury. A few posters said they wished Shearer had 'left in a body bag' and one poster even compared him to Ian Huntley! Ofcourse, when I reminded them about the way they reacted when Healy got his leg snapped and a few people condoned it I was told that Healy breaking his leg and Shearer snapping his ligaments are two completely different things that shouldn't be compared. Bunch of petty tossers.

Right, I've found it. This is a mini profile of Alan Shearer in the programme:

'A career total of more than 400 goals... including 130 for Blackburn where he won his only major medal.'

Seems pretty tame to me, I'm sure FFS should have better things to do!

Right, I've found it. This is a mini profile of Alan Shearer in the programme:

'A career total of more than 400 goals... including 130 for Blackburn where he won his only major medal.'

Seems pretty tame to me, I'm sure FFS should have better things to do!

123259[/snapback]

Pathetic that like.

I bet it's to do with them discounting the 205 goals he's got for us and concentrating on the 130 he got at Ewood Park...

Fucking petty like..... :lol:

Here is the offending article:

So.

Here we are again, the game we've been waiting for all season is now here.

Everyone I've talked to over the last few months has been looking forward to this game.

A chance to put the record straight and finally pick up a win against 'them' at the SoL.

Ruled by passion for the day - this game definitely changes people.

Even after such an awful seaso it's one match that can help ease some of the pain.

Remember we haven't beaten 'them' yet at the SoL.

I'm sure you won't be able to forget.

So today is a chance to put that right.

Chances that must be taken this afternoon when the passion becomes almost uncontrollable for 90 minutes.

Run your heart out if you're a player reading this before the match.

And us fans will do our bit by singing ours out.

Probably more like shouting and screaming though!

:lol:

Here is the offending article:

So.

Here we are again, the game we've been waiting for all season is now here.

Everyone I've talked to over the last few months has been looking forward to this game.

A chance to put the record straight and finally pick up a win against 'them' at the SoL.

Ruled by passion for the day - this game definitely changes people.

Even after such an awful seaso it's one match that can help ease some of the pain.

Remember we haven't beaten 'them' yet at the SoL.

I'm sure you won't be able to forget.

So today is a chance to put that right.

Chances that must be taken this afternoon when the passion becomes almost uncontrollable for 90 minutes.

Run your heart out if you're a player reading this before the match.

And us fans will do our bit by singing ours out.

Probably more like shouting and screaming though!

:lol:

123284[/snapback]

I must admit it took me a couple of seconds to figure out what was offensive about that. Is it real?

Doesn't suprise me tbh. On the SMB yesterday there were loads of threads about the injury. A few posters said they wished Shearer had 'left in a body bag' and one poster even compared him to Ian Huntley! Ofcourse, when I reminded them about the way they reacted when Healy got his leg snapped and a few people condoned it I was told that Healy breaking his leg and Shearer snapping his ligaments are two completely different things that shouldn't be compared. Bunch of petty tossers.

123239[/snapback]

Some of the things written on that site in the past have been shocking and they ban me for a poxy spacka joke, well fuck them because I'll be back shortly.

I thought it was funny.... :lol: It's not as if they were saying anything very offensive like he should die or something. I'm sure a guy like Alan Shearer can cope with being called crap.

In the context of them being relegated and us beating them soundly, it's hardly worth getting bothered about it.

I'm not bothered about it in the slightest, I think it shows them up tbh. I can just imagine that numbnuts Crabtree thinking he's dead clever coming up with it and telling all his mates to keep an eye out for the really funny thing he's done in the match programme. "Ha ha. Did you see it? I wrote Shearer Is Crap. But I did it in code." Very good Simon, now go and play in the sand pit like a good boy.

I'm not bothered about it in the slightest, I think it shows them up tbh.  I can just imagine that numbnuts Crabtree thinking he's dead clever coming up with it and telling all his mates to keep an eye out for the really funny thing he's done in the match programme.  "Ha ha.  Did you see it?  I wrote Shearer Is Crap.  But I did it in code."  Very good Simon, now go and play in the sand pit like a good boy.

123400[/snapback]

So what?

Understandably, some fans got upset.

Never mind, some people will always take offence.

Don't forget, I was like that once!

Everyone has different levels of tolerance.

Remember this and don't take things to heart.

Laughing at it is the best form of defence.

A sense of humour always helps.

Nobody knows that more than Shearer.

During his career he's had his fair share of critics...

Something in him just blanks it out.

Unless you have a thick skin, you're going to struggle in football.

Can anyone remember Marcelino?

Kick him in the shin pads and he'd be out for 6 months. :lol:

Call it what you will...

Only the strong survive...

Champions have an inner strength....

Know this and know success. :nufc:

123413[/snapback]

I think you should send that to the Chronicle poems section :lol: