Club Statement

Jimbo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that apology has absolutely nothing to do with Metro being desperate to win the comentary back next season.  :lol:

125450[/snapback]

Seeing as Metro and Magic are sister stations don't they already have the commentary?

Edited by geordieshandy

Crabarse apologisies:

Simon Says: Sorry Shearer

RADIO commentator Simon Crabtree has written to Newcastle United apologising for the article he wrote in Sunderland's matchday programme for the Tyne-Wear derby on Easter Monday.

Crabtree, who covers Black Cats' games for Metro Radio and Magic 1152, worded his column in the programme in a way to contain an unpleasant remark about the Magpies' skipper.

In a letter to Newcastle United, Crabtree says: "I am writing with the sincerest of apologies for any offence I may have caused by an article I wrote for the Sunderland against Newcastle United programme.

"It was intended to be humorous and taken in good spirits.

"In retrospect, it was an error of judgement and if it caused any offence - I apologise.

"I do not seriously think for a moment that Alan Shearer is anything else other than a football legend.

"Half my family on my mum's side are Geordies. The other half are from Lancashire and season ticket holders at Blackburn Rovers.

"They all think he is the Premiership's greatest ever striker and I won't disagree.

"Once again, apologies for any offence I may have caused."

Newcastle United have also received a letter from Sunderland's Publications Officer Rob Mason in which he apologises for the fact that the offending article was not picked up.

124673[/snapback]

still a tosser tbh.

124674[/snapback]

More than one subliminal message in there tbh....

Crabarse apologisies:

Simon Says: Sorry Shearer

RADIO commentator Simon Crabtree has written to Newcastle United apologising for the article he wrote in Sunderland's matchday programme for the Tyne-Wear derby on Easter Monday.

Crabtree, who covers Black Cats' games for Metro Radio and Magic 1152, worded his column in the programme in a way to contain an unpleasant remark about the Magpies' skipper.

In a letter to Newcastle United, Crabtree says: "I am writing with the sincerest of apologies for any offence I may have caused by an article I wrote for the Sunderland against Newcastle United programme.

"It was intended to be humorous and taken in good spirits.

"In retrospect, it was an error of judgement and if it caused any offence - I apologise.

"I do not seriously think for a moment that Alan Shearer is anything else other than a football legend.

"Half my family on my mum's side are Geordies. The other half are from Lancashire and season ticket holders at Blackburn Rovers.

"They all think he is the Premiership's greatest ever striker and I won't disagree.

"Once again, apologies for any offence I may have caused."

Newcastle United have also received a letter from Sunderland's Publications Officer Rob Mason in which he apologises for the fact that the offending article was not picked up.

124673[/snapback]

What a twat. What did he expect, a pat on the fucking back. Burn him.

All these messages seem to be lacking in one key thing, proof. Someone needs to sneek into his office and find the picture with all the eyes cut out place that ontop of the text in order discover what the true hidden message is.

All these messages seem to be lacking in one key thing, proof. Someone needs to sneek into his office and find the picture with all the eyes cut out place that ontop of the text in order discover what the true hidden message is.

125493[/snapback]

"Meet at Carson City airport"?!!!