World cup sweepstakes

Renton

At work we are doing a sweepstake for the world cup - fiver a team and various prizes for the winner, golden boot etc. Now I swear I have never won any competition that relies on luck in my life, not once. All those raffles, sweepstakes, and lotteries have been a total waste of time and money. Still, not being a big fan of England I was hoping to draw a decent team to "support" in the competition. I paid for 2 teams and got Saudi fucking Arabia and Ecuador. :nufc::lol:

FFS. Of course the lass next to me, who knows nowt about football and cares even less, gets England and France. :lol:

Oh well, better get down the bookies and put a proper bet on then.

Just cos she knows nowt about soccer doesn't mean she's not entitled to her good teams, she's paid her money like you. It's just your spaz hands pulled out 2 stinkers!

Last World Cup me and my mates had a sweep, we had 4 teams each and one of my mates managed to pull out the entire group that included Germany as i remember so 2 of his teams fell at the first hurdle.

Renton, was it you who went off England following the Turkey game at the SoL btw?

123473[/snapback]

Yeah. Since then I've mellowed a bit and realise it's just a minority of dickheads (although a very sizable minority attending the match), but I still can't abide this incessant jingoistic hype and Ericsson's brand of football. Looking forward to watching a few games on the box as a neutral though, but it'll be better if I have some money riding on it.

Renton, was it you who went off England following the Turkey game at the SoL btw?

123473[/snapback]

Yeah. Since then I've mellowed a bit and realise it's just a minority of dickheads (although a very sizable minority attending the match), but I still can't abide this incessant jingoistic hype and Ericsson's brand of football. Looking forward to watching a few games on the box as a neutral though, but it'll be better if I have some money riding on it.

123475[/snapback]

Aye, that match was a brilliant performance by England on the pitch and a pretty unpleasant one off it. It's a shame about the dickheads who follow Enlang (not all the fans obviously) and I'm not the biggest fan of Sven, but I'll be fully supporting England in the World Cup. You haven't really got a choice though have you? You either care about them or you don't despite what your head may tell you.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup like. Although I think I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Brazil play as much as England. Did anyone watch the Madrid - Barca game last night. Tyldesley's dreamy "I love the way he smiles" in reference to Ronaldinho sounded like a 15 year old girl listing the things she likes about her boyfriend. Jesus wept.

We should do toontastic sweep. There aren't that many of us, so we should draw 3 each, winner gets a tenner from all the others. I'll go first. Oh look, I've randomly drawn England, Germany, and Brazil! :lol:

Nah, saw the Milan - Barca game though. :lol: I was tempted to knock the sound off like, ffs! :lol:

123481[/snapback]

What a mistake-a to make-a. :nufc: Did you hear it though? He sounded like a proper "Clive".

Nah, saw the Milan - Barca game though. :nufc: I was tempted to knock the sound off like, ffs! :lol:

123481[/snapback]

What a mistake-a to make-a. :nufc: Did you hear it though? He sounded like a proper "Clive".

123484[/snapback]

The most cringeworthy moment was when he said "Am I allowed to say after 15 minutes that Ronaldinho isn't having a great game?" (Or similar).

He also tried to make out it was a good 1st half :lol: Mind, I enjoyed the 2nd half, especially after the goal. Barca played some great football.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup like.  Although I think I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Brazil play as much as England.  Did anyone watch the Madrid - Barca game last night.  Tyldesley's dreamy "I love the way he smiles" in reference to Ronaldinho sounded like a 15 year old girl listing the things she likes about her boyfriend.  Jesus wept.

123477[/snapback]

"...it reminds me of Solskjaer after United won the Champions League on that glorious night in etc. etc."?

Nah, saw the Milan - Barca game though. :nufc: I was tempted to knock the sound off like, ffs! :lol:

123481[/snapback]

123484[/snapback]

The most cringeworthy moment was when he said "Am I allowed to say after 15 minutes that Ronaldinho isn't having a great game?" (Or similar).

He also tried to make out it was a good 1st half :lol: Mind, I enjoyed the 2nd half, especially after the goal. Barca played some great football.

123489[/snapback]

A Barca Arsenal final would be canny, although it would run the risk of being a big anti-climax.

Most finals are an anti-climax.

123500[/snapback]

Especially Newcastle ones.

123504[/snapback]

Even ones we win-like the '55 FA Cup Final :lol:

123512[/snapback]

:icon_lol: When I won that DVD on N-O HTT built it up like it was going to be great. As it happened it was GREAT © . Jesus Wept man, I ended up having to watch the second half on x2 speed. And it was still like watching paint dry.

You don't appreciate the history of the club blah blah read some books blah go to the library blah blah educate yourself blah blah if you didn't enjoy the DVD then for god's sake pretend you did man blah blah blah.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup like.  Although I think I'm looking forward to seeing the likes of Brazil play as much as England.  Did anyone watch the Madrid - Barca game last night.  Tyldesley's dreamy "I love the way he smiles" in reference to Ronaldinho sounded like a 15 year old girl listing the things she likes about her boyfriend.  Jesus wept.

123477[/snapback]

Last night's commentary was vomit enducing tbh.

Was that Clive TYLDESLEY, who likes to SHOUT whenever anyone has a SHOT at goal?? :angry::angry:

Motson has a lot to answer for as well, as every commentator these days thinks its vital to come out with facts. Facts that we just aren't interested in in the slightest. 'Yes, and Ronaldinho slipped once on a piece of dogshit in 1997 which was on the pitch following the opening ceremony of the Under 18 world cup finals in Bogota, incidentally on a Wednesday :lol: , and he just smiled that lovely smile' :icon_lol:

Does Alex need educating about NUFC then?

123522[/snapback]

He's sending up HTT.

123524[/snapback]

I know. But all the same, off to the NUFC Gulag with you where you can be properly educated.