The moment you found out Shearer had signed

I was at work flipping radio channels to get the news every half hour, but what I remember most about that day was Look North when the camera's were outside the NUFC shop by Monument, and a little kid ('bout 10 yr old) drenched in NUFC gear came out of the shop with his mom, and the reporter went over and asked "do you know who Newcastle have just signed?" The kid looked at the reporter with innocent anticipation, and replied "who?" The reporter replied "Shearer" and the kid celebrated like he'd just potted the winner in the FA cup finale!

Twas truly a beltington day!

Guest CrimsonFault

I was 6, sat in the dentists chair and he had the radio on in the background. He went absoloutley mental and I hadn't a clue what was going on at the time!

I was at work at Longbenton DSS. The rumour went round like wildfire. The pain in the arse 'Boro fan boss's face was a picture.

I was 6, sat in the dentists chair and he had the radio on in the background. He went absoloutley mental and I hadn't a clue what was going on at the time!

123669[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

Edited by manc-mag

Guest CrimsonFault

123669[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

123675[/snapback]

?

Saw the Chronicle boards while out terrorising Gosforth High Street, so I hotfooted it home to confirm via Teletext then immediately sent a fax (:lol:) to my parents who were on holiday at the time. They didn't get it before going out for the night, and when their greasy Spanish waiter found out they were from Newcastle, he spent the entire evening shouting "Shearer! Shearer!" at them without them having a clue why. "Ye-e-es, he's from there too..."

123669[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

123675[/snapback]

?

123680[/snapback]

Don't worry, some people think you can't support Newcastle if you're under 16... :lol:

123669[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

123675[/snapback]

?

123680[/snapback]

Don't worry, some people think you can't support Newcastle if you're under 16... :lol:

123686[/snapback]

Crying to your 'mom' tbh.

123669[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

123675[/snapback]

?

123680[/snapback]

Don't worry, some people think you can't support Newcastle if you're under 16... :icon_lol:

123686[/snapback]

Double whoosh I think :lol:

Guest CrimsonFault

123669[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

123675[/snapback]

?

123680[/snapback]

123686[/snapback]

Crying to your 'mom' tbh.

123687[/snapback]

?

I was in bed with a Manure fan at the time. A female Manure fan (before you fuckers start). Top that you bunch of bellsniffs!

123673[/snapback]

You should change that story to "I was inside a Manure fan at the time" tbh. It sounds better. Also, don't mention that they're female - it lends an air of mystery to events.

When Shearer signed I was still awaiting my sex-change op and was down Manchester, had pulled a lawyer (well he told me he was a lawyer but it turned out he was a minimum wage legal secretary!) so I thought I was well in with getting a few quid of him towards my op.

We were in bed shagging, well if you can class it as shagging cos what he was passing off as a cock was more like a thimble tbh :lol: , when the news came through. I faked orgasm so I could get away from the micey twat.

Saw the Chronicle boards while out terrorising Gosforth High Street, so I hotfooted it home to confirm via Teletext then immediately sent a fax (:lol:) to my parents who were on holiday at the time. They didn't get it before going out for the night, and when their greasy Spanish waiter found out they were from Newcastle, he spent the entire evening shouting "Shearer! Shearer!" at them without them having a clue why. "Ye-e-es, he's from there too..."

123681[/snapback]

Gossy High Street all them years ago, that was my domain!

And your a Liberal, rings a lot of ding dong bells for me! How old are you?

And no before anyone starts I haven't bummed or been bummed by him! :angry::angry::icon_lol:

You should change that story to "I was inside a Manure fan at the time" tbh.  It sounds better.  Also, don't mention that they're female - it lends an air of mystery to events.

123691[/snapback]

Trying to take the heat of yourself as the board gay tbh.

I was in bed with a Manure fan at the time. A female Manure fan (before you fuckers start). Top that you bunch of bellsniffs!

123673[/snapback]

You should change that story to "I was inside a Manure fan at the time" tbh. It sounds better. Also, don't mention that they're female - it lends an air of mystery to events.

123691[/snapback]

Depends if the news bulletin was a couple of minutes late tbh.

You should change that story to "I was inside a Manure fan at the time" tbh.  It sounds better.  Also, don't mention that they're female - it lends an air of mystery to events.

123691[/snapback]

Trying to take the heat of yourself as the board gay tbh.

123706[/snapback]

Je n'hom pas!

There had been a big build up to Shearer signing for me, one of the regulars at my local was a ManUre fan and due to his friendship with the landlord had ensured that there was a unsettling amount of ManUre memorablilia behind the bar.

Items such as champagne corks signed by Fergie, penants signed by Cantona and a signed photo with a personal message by Ryan Giggs. Everytime this tosser saw me wearing my Toon shirt in the pub he made a point of taking the piss.

He didn't like me for a good reason, although you would never know by his accent, this bloke was a Scotland fan and during Euro 96 after the England v Scotland game, we dragged him into the car park and ripped his Scotland shirt off and burnt it !

but on one occassion I recall him calling me over and telling me that his contact at the Old Trafford megastore had told him that the club had just taken stock of 5000 Shearer 9 shirts, and that ManUre were going to sign him in the morning.

The next day a friend of mine rang me to tell me to put the news on, I couldn't believe the headlines !! we had just signed Shearer. I went straight to the pub with the plan of taking all of the ManUre shit down from behind the bar and binning it.

Me and my mate took all the ManUre shit down, and we had nearly finished when he pointed something out......

"Jimbo, have you noticed that all this stuff that's been signed by all of the ManUre stars is all written in the same hand writing......"

:lol:

When Shearer signed I was still awaiting my sex-change op and was down Manchester, had pulled a lawyer (well he told me he was a lawyer but it turned out he was a minimum wage legal secretary!) so I thought I was well in with getting a few quid of him towards my op.

We were in bed shagging, well if you can class it as shagging cos what he was passing off as a cock was more like a thimble tbh  :angry: , when the news came through. I faked orgasm so I could get away from the micey twat.

123693[/snapback]

dickhead! :icon_lol:

Saw the Chronicle boards while out terrorising Gosforth High Street, so I hotfooted it home to confirm via Teletext then immediately sent a fax (:icon_lol:) to my parents who were on holiday at the time. They didn't get it before going out for the night, and when their greasy Spanish waiter found out they were from Newcastle, he spent the entire evening shouting "Shearer! Shearer!" at them without them having a clue why. "Ye-e-es, he's from there too..."

123681[/snapback]

And no before anyone starts I haven't bummed or been bummed by him! <_<:angry::angry:

123702[/snapback]

Uh-oh. :lol: 27. Ish.

Saw the Chronicle boards while out terrorising Gosforth High Street, so I hotfooted it home to confirm via Teletext then immediately sent a fax (:icon_lol:) to my parents who were on holiday at the time. They didn't get it before going out for the night, and when their greasy Spanish waiter found out they were from Newcastle, he spent the entire evening shouting "Shearer! Shearer!" at them without them having a clue why. "Ye-e-es, he's from there too..."

123681[/snapback]

And no before anyone starts I haven't bummed or been bummed by him! <_<:angry::angry:

123702[/snapback]

Knocked back tbh.

On a similar note to what Jimbo said, a lad I knew from university who was a Man Utd called me up to tell me they signed Shearer about 3-4 days before we did. Can't remember his contact but apparently he was some club insider. The lad was ok, but when it came to football he was a bit obnoxious: Firstly another lad at the same uni who'd gone to school with him told me he'd only got into football and Man Utd about 4 years earlier (coinciding with their first PL title). Secondly, (he didn't know I knew his ex-school mate had gave me this info) he was always going on about 'plastic Reds' (the irony). On top of this, he'd clearly just rang me up to gloat about them supposedly getting Shearer. Wanker. Suppose he got the last laugh like although I wonder to this day if he's been to a match yet.