Statue for Shearer ?

Jimbo

At statue would be hugely embarassing at this point in time. But as regards part of the ground being named after him, I hardly think a public bar counts. How shit is Shearer's btw.

124188[/snapback]

I've never been in, but at a guess, I'd say very shit. What do you expect though, it was always going to be: lowest common denominator 'charm' + extortionate prices = maximum income. Should be called Shepherd's Bar :lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of him annointing Keith Gillespies head in in Dublin. Allegedly.

124191[/snapback]

Or Bellamy's at the training ground. Allegedly.

124191[/snapback]

124192[/snapback]

Should be done as a series of biblical friezes I think. Shearer adorned with halo.

124191[/snapback]

124192[/snapback]

Should be done as a series of biblical friezes I think. Shearer adorned with halo.

124198[/snapback]

Like the stations of the cross? Like it! :lol:

The ending's a bit of an anticlimax though. :icon_lol:

124191[/snapback]

124192[/snapback]

124198[/snapback]

124200[/snapback]

Did you know (for Gemmill) that the only of the Stations of the Cross during Christ's journey from being condemned to arriving at his place of Crucifixion that is mentioned in the Gospels is Simon of Cyrene being made to help Jesus carry his cross? All the stuff about him meeting his mother on the way, his face being wiped by Veronica and his falls aren't even in the Bible. Not that I'm suggest organised religion would divert from or embellish scripture.

Edited by alex

124191[/snapback]

124192[/snapback]

124198[/snapback]

124200[/snapback]

Did you know (for Gemmill) that the only of the Stations of the Cross during Christ's journey from being condemned to arriving at his place of Crucifixion that is mentioned in the Gospels is Simon of Cyrene being made to help Jesus carry his cross? All the stuff about him meeting his mother on the way, his face being wiped by Veronica and his falls aren't even in the Bible. Not that I'm suggest organised religion would divert from or embellish scripture.

124204[/snapback]

Hmmm. Well, at least for the stations of Shearer we will up to 50,000 eye witness reports backed by video evidence to aid our descendents faith!

Personally I'd go for a Renaissance-style painting with him ascending to heaven on a cloud in his Toon kit.

124210[/snapback]

using his elbows?

124216[/snapback]

:lol:

Alan Shearer PBUH

124191[/snapback]

124192[/snapback]

Or Duncan Ferguson's. Allegedly.

124247[/snapback]

Haven't heard that one.

I would hope they would have the sense to postpone it and play it in the close-season, but who knows?  Probably not.

124256[/snapback]

Could be tricky if we intertwobob-ing. Hopefully we won't need to be though. :lol:

I would hope they would have the sense to postpone it and play it in the close-season, but who knows?  Probably not.

124256[/snapback]

I doubt they will tbh. He'll still be there, even if he is on crutches. It's not really about the match per se is it, more a celebration of his career.

I think it would have been a good idea to postpone it until July/August and double it up as a pre-season friendly.

124350[/snapback]

Do you think anyone who'd bought tickets might have been on their holidays in July or August though?

I think it would have been a good idea to postpone it until July/August and double it up as a pre-season friendly.

124350[/snapback]

Do you think anyone who'd bought tickets might have been on their holidays in July or August though?

124359[/snapback]

Tough. In fact, postpone it, and then name and shame anyone who wants a refund for this charity event in the Chronicle!

124350[/snapback]

124359[/snapback]

Tough. In fact, postpone it, and then name and shame anyone who wants a refund for this charity event in the Chronicle!

124366[/snapback]

What about those from different parts of the country who have took time off work booked accomadation n such

:lol: