Movies ripe for remakes

Renton

Now I know most remakes of films are shite, but they happen anyway, so what film would you like to see be given the 21st century touch?

I was watching Westworld the other day, and think it's ripe for being remade. Great plot which could benefit from some decent special effects and more robotic sex. How do I claim my commission?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know most remakes of films are shite, but they happen anyway, so what film would you like to see be given the 21st century touch?

I was watching Westworld the other day, and think it's ripe for being remade. Great plot which could benefit from some decent special effects and more robotic sex. How do I claim my commission?

124223[/snapback]

I saw that was on again the other day, good film like. Yul Bryner is a cool dude.

Maurice - with Meenzer and SMO taking the leading roles.  From IMDB.com:  "Two male English school chums find themselves falling in love". :angry:

124229[/snapback]

That would be class. :lol: I think they should have their reunion in the Trent. :icon_lol:

124223[/snapback]

I saw that was on again the other day, good film like. Yul Bryner is a cool dude.

124226[/snapback]

Aye, but therein lies the problem, modern stars seem to lack the charisma of the older ones. I mean, where are your Newmans, Redfords, or McQueens today? No one is cool any more or maybe it's just me.

Talking of bad remakes, Get Carter with Stallone has to be the worst ever. It was always going to be hard to top Alf Roberts falling from the car park, but Jesus was that remake bad.

Aye, but therein lies the problem, modern stars seem to lack the charisma of the older ones. I mean, where are your Newmans, Redfords, or McQueens today? No one is cool any more or maybe it's just me.

124232[/snapback]

You need to come to a piss-up and check my bad self out tbh.

Maurice - with Meenzer and SMO taking the leading roles.   From IMDB.com:  "Two male English school chums find themselves falling in love". :angry:

124229[/snapback]

That would be class. :lol: I think they should have their reunion in the Trent. :angry:

124230[/snapback]

I had visions of us both turning up to a pissup and having a :icon_lol: moment like. But SMO's detective skills have ruined that now. <_<

I wonder if actors aren't cool or don't seem to be cool anymore is the celeb culture whereby you get to learn all their secrets (diets etc.) so they seem more normal and less detached and untouchable like they did in the past.

I reckon Tom Cruise leaping around on the sofas on Oprah screaming "I LOVE THIS WOMAN" didn't help his cause. Not that he was cool anyway like. The bloke is so fake - when he does that fake laugh I just want to knock him off his cuban heels.

I reckon Tom Cruise leaping around on the sofas on Oprah screaming "I LOVE THIS WOMAN" didn't help his cause.  Not that he was cool anyway like.  The bloke is so fake - when he does that fake laugh I just want to knock him off his cuban heels.

124250[/snapback]

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006170680,00.html

Guy is a mentalist.

124259[/snapback]

More of a humorist I think

He might have been joking there, but nothing excuses the Oprah incident.  It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. :lol:

124268[/snapback]

I think he topped that when that bloke squirted him with his 'microphone' and he went mental. "Why would you do that? Thats so rude!"

Frank Sinatra would just have had a mafioso put a bullet in the guys face tbh.

Maurice - with Meenzer and SMO taking the leading roles.   From IMDB.com:  "Two male English school chums find themselves falling in love". :angry:

124229[/snapback]

That would be class. :lol: I think they should have their reunion in the Trent. :angry:

124230[/snapback]

I had visions of us both turning up to a pissup and having a :icon_lol: moment like. But SMO's detective skills have ruined that now. :angry:

124236[/snapback]

I've already been to one tbh :angry: , don't know if you were there but I didn't see you. I was there in a purely voyueristic capacity and didn't reveal myself, went to see if I could guess who anyone was, think I clocked Gemmill (fat as fuck as I recall!) :angry: Also clocked the pig on stilts straight-away. :angry:<_<

Aye I forgot about that. And then he held the bloke's arm so he couldn't get away. I think it would take me about two seconds of that to get wound enough to belt him one.

"You're a jerk. Do you hear me? You're a jerk. So rude."

He might have been joking there, but nothing excuses the Oprah incident.  It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. :lol:

124268[/snapback]

:icon_lol::angry:

They should remake Lord of War and make it any good.

124229[/snapback]

124230[/snapback]

I had visions of us both turning up to a pissup and having a :icon_lol: moment like. But SMO's detective skills have ruined that now. :no

124236[/snapback]

I've already been to one tbh :angry: , don't know if you were there but I didn't see you. I was there in a purely voyueristic capacity and didn't reveal myself, went to see if I could guess who anyone was, think I clocked Gemmill (fat as fuck as I recall!) :angry: Also clocked the pig on stilts straight-away. :angry:<_<

124276[/snapback]

<_<

Bullshit. :angry:

I've already been to one tbh  <_< , don't know if you were there but I didn't see you. I was there in a purely voyueristic capacity and didn't reveal myself, went to see if I could guess who anyone was, think I clocked Gemmill (fat as fuck as I recall!)  :icon_lol: Also clocked the pig on stilts straight-away.  :angry:  :angry:

124276[/snapback]

:lol: I probably wouldn't have been there, no. You're spot on about Gemmill though, whatever his protestations. Poor fella can't stop talking about the food he'll be noshing at half-time, you know. It's getting worrying. :angry:

Aye I forgot about that.  And then he held the bloke's arm so he couldn't get away.  I think it would take me about two seconds of that to get wound enough to belt him one.

"You're a jerk.  Do you hear me?  You're a jerk.  So rude."

124279[/snapback]

That was on 'Balls of Steel' I think. Sharon Osbourne wasn't too happy either.

He might have been joking there, but nothing excuses the Oprah incident.  It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen. :icon_lol:

124268[/snapback]

:angry::angry:

They should remake Lord of War and make it any good.

124281[/snapback]

So I'm not the only one who thought it was a pile of steaming shit as oppopsed to a brilliant insight into the troubles facing African countries in their struggle for democracy then?

BTW http://www.gorillamask.net/cruiseoprah.shtml :lol:

Edited by ewerk

124229[/snapback]

124230[/snapback]

I had visions of us both turning up to a pissup and having a :icon_lol: moment like. But SMO's detective skills have ruined that now. :no

124236[/snapback]

I've already been to one tbh <_< , don't know if you were there but I didn't see you. I was there in a purely voyueristic capacity and didn't reveal myself, went to see if I could guess who anyone was, think I clocked Gemmill (fat as fuck as I recall!) :angry: Also clocked the pig on stilts straight-away. :angry:<_<

124276[/snapback]

:no

Bullshit. :angry:

124283[/snapback]

I'm serious, it was a game a while back and the pre match piss up was in the Trent and me and my mates nipped in for a pint before going into the ground, had a scout about downstairs and then up, clocked Peasepud from his personal photo and lanky pig-like feautures and tried to guess from who was standing around him, who was who. :angry:

Edited by Smooth Operator

Saw a documentary on Animal Farm last night. They could remake that too, although I imagine it's been done several times.

124292[/snapback]

How about 1984 with Tom Cruise as Winston Smith?

You heard it here first tbh.