Bellamy

Guest CrimsonFault

But the volatile forward is believed to prefer a move to Anfield - despite his close relationship with O'Neill - as he is still hurt by the fact Newcastle's fans booed him when United played at Ewood Park this season.

Boo fucking hoo, if our own players have to put up with us booing them then why should he be exempt? No neck, sheep shagging dwarf. Having said that I'd love to see him back.

I think there's been a bit of talk about how he's always been a Liverpool fan(from Ian Rush in particular).

As much as I think Bellas is a great player, I wonder if him coming back here would be a bit of a bad decision.

I may be wrong, but for all the great moments he brought to us on the pitch, he also brings a lot of bad headlines. He was my favourite player, and there's no doubting that he's walk straight into our current team.

I'm still not convinced of him working with Owen either tbh.

124282[/snapback]

We could play him on the wing though :icon_lol:

124285[/snapback]

Rafa might be thinking that

:lol:

124282[/snapback]

We could play him on the wing though :lol:

124285[/snapback]

Can you imagine, he makes a triumphant return to Newcastle, signs a life long contract, and O'Neill (hopefully) says "Right Craig, I want you to play on the right wing......". :icon_lol:

124282[/snapback]

Can't see why not. Bellemy works the channels and Owen is predator in the box. It's not like they'd be running into each others space. The only similarity is that they both have pace, which certainly isn't a bad thing.

124282[/snapback]

Can't see why not. Bellemy works the channels and Owen is predator in the box. It's not like they'd be running into each others space. The only similarity is that they both have pace, which certainly isn't a bad thing.

124305[/snapback]

They're also both short and not particularly strong. I would need some convincing.

124282[/snapback]

124305[/snapback]

I agree that they are different types of players and it could work but I still prefer one of them with a player who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up and present an aerial threat (I know Owen is good in the air from crosses but he isn't going to win many long balls in the air against the centre-half). Especially away from home. That said, if we want to challenge for honours, we need 4 good strikers I reckon.

124282[/snapback]

124305[/snapback]

Owen has lost quite a bit of his pace in recent years.

124282[/snapback]

124305[/snapback]

I agree that they are different types of players and it could work but I still prefer one of them with a player who can play with his back to goal, hold the ball up and present an aerial threat (I know Owen is good in the air from crosses but he isn't going to win many long balls in the air against the centre-half). Especially away from home. That said, if we want to challenge for honours, we need 4 good strikers I reckon.

124310[/snapback]

*holds breath*

*stops holding breath* :lol::icon_lol:

124282[/snapback]

124305[/snapback]

They're also both short and not particularly strong. I would need some convincing.

124307[/snapback]

In an ideal world we'd have a group of strikers that are all strong, fast as fuck and good in the air. It's more likey that we'd need a pool of strikers that offer different things and then play them as and when. I don't think either have tremendous strength but I wouldn't say either are bullied off the ball particularly easily.

124282[/snapback]

124305[/snapback]

Owen has lost quite a bit of his pace in recent years.

124320[/snapback]

i'd still say he was pacey. He might not be as quick as he was as a 19 year old but enough to be considered quick.

Here's a question.

Would people sooner see Bellamy at Liverpool and us keeping Owen, or Owen to Liverpool for £12m, Bellamy back to us for £6m?

Tough choice tbh.

124347[/snapback]

That's not tough in the slightest tbh.

Here's a question.

Would people sooner see Bellamy at Liverpool and us keeping Owen, or Owen to Liverpool for £12m, Bellamy back to us for £6m?

Tough choice tbh.

124347[/snapback]

124351[/snapback]

What's your answer then?

I think it would be quite a difficult choice tbh, given a) Owen's injury record and :icon_lol: his apparent lack of interest in NUFC. If it was just a player vs player comparison then it's Owen every time, but when you take other things into account....:lol:

At a guess I'd say Renton would rather have Bellamy and £6million. What about we sell Luque for £6million and buy Bellamy back :lol:

Here's a question.

Tough choice tbh.

124347[/snapback]

124351[/snapback]

What's your answer then?

I think it would be quite a difficult choice tbh, given a) Owen's injury record and :icon_lol: his apparent lack of interest in NUFC. If it was just a player vs player comparison then it's Owen every time, but when you take other things into account....:lol:

124355[/snapback]

I'd choose Bellamy plus 6 million squid thankyou very much.